pg-13 tf g1 cartoon

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Mar 15, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    in the last year i heard rumors of a g1 cartoon, anyone know of any in the works? i love the pg-13 gi joe resolute. so im hoping they make the same for tf g1. i will buy it for sure if they make one.

2. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

That would be really awesome, but I don't think it's true. Could be wrong, would be nice if I was wrong cause that sounds pretty sweet to me.

3. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    That would be cool :) 

4. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I'd like to watch that... :) 

5. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

I believe it was hasbro that said that based on the success of GI Joe Resolute that they may do one for Transformers as well. That was some time ago however, so I doubt it's still going to happen. But who knows.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Resolute went over well with its targeted audience. It was nice to watch a Joe cartoon with death.

7. RodimusPrimeYV0

RodimusPrimeYV0 I

Yeah it would be cool but I haven't heard anything about it so I cant confirm or deny .

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't get fans obsessions and belief that if something included more violence and blood it would be automatically better, or "kewl". Wasn't that Pat Lee's philosophy? ("Look! Megatron killed a human!! We're so kewl! Fanboyz love us!!!") - and look what happened to Dreamwave...

There are a million things that a new G1 cartoon would need to improve before the level of violence or "PG-13" should even cross the producers' mind...

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly. Violence doesn't always equal maturity. I'd rather have advance character development and snappy dialog rather than more blood and guts.

10. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    but for me, it would be cooler than no violence, just look at the marvel and dc pg13 cartoon releases. such as the planet hulk and hulk vs thor and wolverine. wow! i love those. they need to make it more intense for the older fans of the orginal series. i love resolute, it was very close designs etc to the original cartoons. i really hope they do the same for tf g1.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Being more mature (as mature as violence is, I guess) doesn't necessarily make anything better. One of the better cartoons of recent years, Avatar, is rated TV-Y7 in the US, which is basically equivalent to PG. They only get that rating because of the fantasy/martial arts fighting taking place.

A storyline can be just as mature without having to lower itself down to appease the lowest common denominator. JLU and Teen Titans did that masterfully and still very much remained children's cartoons without dumbing anything down. Just as many adults and long-time comic fans loved both of those shows as newer fans and young kids discovering those characters.

Give any cartoon that quality of writing, dialogue, and animation and it will stand out of the crowd. Without having to be uber-violent or anything.

12. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well, most fans love violence injected into their childhood cartoons because it does add a bit of realism into the show. Take GI Joe for instance, in the 80's show, everyone had guns, tanks, jets, secret super weapons etc and nobody was killed. Pilots and drivers quickly escaped Vehicles prior to its explosion. Soldiers never got hit with gun fire, even if they stood within arms distance.

Resolute is released, right off the bat
    Major blood, bazooka are killed. Tons of Cobra Soldiers get their heads cut off, Zartan is shot in the face, Storm Shadow is cut up by Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander beheads soldiers who don't listen to him, etc...

Not sure if everyone has seen it so I don't want to ruin it. The reason why resolute worked is because we already had character development in the 80's show. I don't need to be introduced to Duke, Snake Eyes, and Lady Jaye again, I know them!

A G1 Transformer show injected with Violence would look like the first 30 minutes of the 86 movie. We know the characters and now their war has real life consequences. I do like character development, which is why I love beast wars but G1 has enough characters that I wouldn't mind if a fourth of that cast is killed off lol. Come on, who likes the season 3 mini bots? Pipes, outback?

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Violence by itself wouldn't make something more "mature", but it would be for a more "mature" audience... and it would improve G1.

Whatever the hell "mature" means any way.

And, if we had a more violent G1, maybe people would quit picking on it and make fun of how often Megatron retreats.

Besides, TF G1 is a WAR story. Kinda stupid to have a war without violence.

BRING ON THE CARNAGE!!!

14. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

This.

15. RodimusPrimeYV0

RodimusPrimeYV0 I

Ha! Maturity being discussed on a childrrens toy based message board!(oh snap thats my 100th post)

16. E Nice

E Nice Well-Known Member

:(  I like Pipes.

17. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, and occasionally a few animated features try to be violent too gratuitously. It's as if a few dismembered humans would automatically account for a poorly written story.

Besides JLU and Teen Titans, which you have already mentioned, I'd like to take a few other supposedly mature live action examples. The Dark Knight, Avatar, the Star Wars and Star Trek series were seldom to never excessively violent, but they were all (arguably) good entertainment. The Dark Knight in fact, managed to invoke serious drama and tension, and to make the Joker frighteningly scary, without using any gore (most of the violence was off-screen, but what was implied was horrifying enough) Okay so maybe the Dark Knight is a horrible example but I hope I get to prove my point about unnecessary gore.

This is not to say that Transformers shouldn't be mature but I think it'll be better off being maturely written and handled rather than having unnecessary violence injected into it. This would be good too, so that the show can still be family entertainment, and by that effect, the toys can still continue to appeal to children and would remain in large supply at retail.

Anyhow this is just my opinion.

18. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^This

I'd much rather they write a good story and let the ratings guys do their thing.

A good example is the new Justice League film its not super violent and its got a nice story plus its very well animated (frankly it makes animated look like flash cartoon only fit for you tube)

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    And fans are still bitching about the characters that died in those 30 minutes 20 years later.

People didn't approve much when the body count rose in the G2 comic, either.

20. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, and i've never understood that. People will find something to hate about EVERYTHING but all you can do is just find that happy medium. Personally, the main thing everyone wants is character development with a sprinkle of life/death consequences.

I know some people will disagree but Animated and Beast Wars got it right. The Characters were properly introduced and explained plus, a sprinkle of consequences. Dinobots death in BW was fantastic and Prowl's wasn't to shabby either.