Petitioning Hasbro for MP Rereleases

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MpCollector81, Oct 1, 2012.

1. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Fanstoys ZOMBIE 01

I am just coming on board with the MP line, and as much as I love them, I'm finding the 3rd market prices a little steep. On average they are being scalped (I hope that word is acceptable here, in other forums it is not) for $150-$300, and honestly, I doubt many collectors can afford this. Many of us have investments into other lines as well as other financial responsibilities, and as it is now, they are being priced like sold out concert tickets, and are very hard to find.

While it is great to see that there are people on here willing to help out fellow fans and sell for cost or trade, there has to be a better way to get the MPs we want at a fair price. A rereleast would hopefully drive down the scalper market and give the fans a chance to get their hands on these highly sought after super figures.

Is there a way we can organize a petition to Hasbro to offer rereleases of previous MPs, or to guide them in the direction of the MPs we would like to see?

Does anyone have some inside information on how Hasbro handles consumer requests? Has a petition like this been attempted before?

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    As the fortune cookie said to Charlie Brown: "Forget it, kid"

3. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Online petitions rarely work. Be happy that we even have Masterpiece TFs in the US.

4. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Erm... so which Masterpieces you cannot purchase at retail currently?

Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime, and Thundercracker are recent releases. I am sure Starscream will be announced soon.

The only one you need is Grimlock because Megatron is not likely to get an international release, and the rest already have updated moulds.

5. trdkamuri51o

trdkamuri51o Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP grimlock and megatron would be nice here stateside... i do want a re release of grimlock real bad lol

6. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

My comic shop said the same thing about Regeneration One when I was rtying to get them to stock petition papers. I bet they wish they hadn't said no to me at the time,

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Already happened in the past 2 years. Just suck it up and get one on eBay. A good portion of the potential buyers for it already bought it so a rerelease won't get the sales required. Optimus can get multiple releases of the same mold due to him being the #1 character. Even for his 2nd release, he didn't fly off the shelves since many already had the 1st release.

Notice TRU released Thundercracker, a character not released before instead of going for the more popular Starscream.

8. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    There does seem to a fair bit of grumbling about Grimlock's aftermarket pricing these days.

*Not sure if actually new, or just joking*

'Blame the scalpers' has a kneejerk response element to it in this case.

TRU put Grimlock on the shelves a good two years ago, it wasn't THAT hard to get at the time, and the toy genuinely has a popularity that reaches beyond dedicated Masterpiece collectors. Aside from that Takara released it at least twice, if not three times.

Sorry, but you're late, petitions are almost always useless, and it's very unlikely to ever be released again.

Idle Dreaming.

Hasbro said they can't even re-release Classics Megatron. They don't want the bad press, never mind possible legal hassles.
    Beyond that, TRU probably wouldn't touch it with a bargepole anyway. The toy is pretty fragile.

And for those of you who are thinking along the lines of 'Oh some other retailer will take it' The answer is no. TRU is the preferred retailer for Hasbro Masterpieces for the forseeable, and that's that.

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    If we all got reissues of lines we missed we'd never get any new stuff.

So, yeah. Tough luck, suck it up, eBay, etc;...

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this, the only one from the new line that is missing on shelves right now is grimlock, no reissue please, would take shelfspace away from sideswipe, soundwave etc hasbro releases, the others, sucks, but collecting, you don't get everything for retail price if you come in late

11. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup thid is a grimlock issue, not a materpiece issue. He is pretty much the only one you have to pony up big cash for, but as others have said, if all they do is rerelease stuff some people missed we would never get any new stuff

12. wildfly

News Credits:
    And that's another point. Far as Hasbro are concerned, the line is picking up speed, not backpedaling.

13. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, good luck with that....

14. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    just wondering what the OP is thinking hasbro needs to release? they've release a variant of everything besides megatron so far, and he'd never comply with US toy regulations anyway so that's never going to happen.

is this just complaining because MP's are expensive and not currently available in retail outlets? yeah sorry, but you're kinda stuck with secondary markets on that.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I feel like starting a petition for Hasbro to re-release TM Optimus Minor. Just for the heck of it.

16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I has a MP Megs for sale :D 

17. wildfly

News Credits:
    Last month somebody said Hasbro should re-release Generations Scourge because he couldn't find it locally.

Seriously?

18. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Go ahead, if you want to get an automated email response from Hasbro!

19. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they had an ounce of comedy in them, they'd give him links to ebay auctions as well :) 

20. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    The only reissue MP I want to see is Megatron. Takara needs to make a new one that is to scale with the new, smaller Optimus. I imagine there will be a reissue of Ultra Magnus eventually since they already made Optimus. Hopefully they'll include his armor this time.