Petition to Expand the 2010 Customizing Class

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by megamus, Jan 19, 2010.

1. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I have contacted Shawn and asked about the possibility of adding another customizing class. Currently there are 2 classes with limited slots. They have been on Wednesday and Thursday on the week of Botcon. These fill up quickly and cause some strife among much anticipated fans of the class. So I was told that the best way to convey our interest in another customizing class or expanding the current number would be to post it here and get a sort of petition going. Hopefully Brian will notice (I will make sure he is aware of the thread) and make a decision on this. So let's hear it, if your interested post it. On the flip side if you think this is a waste of time I guess post it here. I am just trying to be fair to both possible sides.

2. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you know Im all for adding more spots or adding another class all together

3. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Great idea Megamus. Still haven't been able to get into the class and I'd like to at least try it once. It's like they don't want my money or something. =)

4. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always though there should be 2 classes run simultaneously. I've been three of the four years because I enjoy it not because I hope to learn anything (well after the first year). Have one class for people who are new to customising and want Shawns hands on help and another next door for folk who can more or less get on by themselves. Shawns now got 3 or 4 helpers at least one of whom could stay in the second room. And its easy to walk next door and ask for help if needed.

5. A.Prime

A.Prime Well-Known Member

ok this is gonna embarrass me but who cares

I came to the last botcon for the first time but never went to the Customizing Class, so what is it, what do you do, how long is it and stuff ?

I am coming to the next one anyway

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a little deceptive to call it a customizing class, it's more like a "building a model" class. You get a transformer that is in multiple pieces attached to sprues and you remove all of the pieces from the sprues, shave off the flash, paint and assemble. There is already a character planned out to be created, so you are told what pieces need to be painted a specific color, and IIRC there is a bio provided. The class begins in the morning and lasts until you are complete. Some people get out of there by 5, others by 8 or 9.

You don't actually learn to take a toy off the shelf and customize it.

7. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the idea of a experienced customizing class and novice customizing class run simultaneously.

8. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    I'm all for adding more spots to the customizing class.

9. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

i agree

10. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I would like to attend these classes, but haven't even bothered with trying to sign up for them in the past because I didn't pull the timing lottery of being at my computer when forms went up and in years past the seats filled up so rapidly that I would be 2390478th on the waiting list.

*note number exaggerated for humor*

11. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    I would like to see more customizing classes. I went to one at the Cincinnati Botcon (Evil Nightbeat) and would definitely go again if Botcon ever comes close to me again.

12. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

It might be fun to do if there were enough slots for people. Sure I'm for adding more.

13. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

when is it gonna be

14. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

people are always fighting for these spots, lets get some more!

my votes in to get some more classes....we can all use a break from walking the convention floors anyway

15. mrduce1018

mrduce1018 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there should be two classes running at the same time. Double the spots per class and add a third class. That would in effect be adding 4 more classes. It is a shame that so little get a chance to be apart of this amazing experience.

16. Repugnus

Repugnus ActionMaster

News Credits:
    Last year I registered as quickly as I was physically able, and still didn't make it in time before both customizing classes had already filled up, so if there's anything that can be done to increase my odds of making it in this year, I'm definitely all for it!

17. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    I'm all for adding additional class times.

18. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hopefully getting into the class this year, but am all for expanding it. With things happening in Orlando this year, I can drive back and forth as needed. Are snacks recommended, or do people take a collective break(s) at some point?

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

While I probably won't be going to a BotCon anytime in the near future, I personaly would love being able to build a TF right from the sprues, so I'll chip in my vote for expanding the class.

Although if one thinks about it, that's at least one set of parts per person signing up, so depending on how expensive the cost is to mold/manufacture one set of parts could be a factor into how much the class costs, although then again when the cost for labor and packaging is not factored into it, the cost can't be that much more than a legends class at retail for the parts of a deluxe methinks...

20. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Basically you get a tutorial from Shawn. That takes about 15 minutes tops. You then work at your own pace. If you need to get up you do, if you need a potty break you go. When you need help you just ask. It is very laid back.