Petition for more Transformers Animated material

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by tehKOREANdude, Apr 6, 2011.

1. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey all. So I made a petition for more Transformers Animated material from IDW. Allspark Almanac III or TFA Season 4. Stuff like that. If you support, sign!

More TFA material from IDW!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  2. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I don't really think you can get blood from a stone - Allspark Almanac II kind of touched on what was left of what was finished on Animated, and then touched on the stuff they wanted to do but never got around to actually doing.

As for Animated comics, we are getting BotCon 2011 this year, which looks to be a subset story taking place outside the animated series (maybe going on at the same time, but not actually fitting in to the storyline other than a possible timestamp based on references by the characters).

I don't think we'll see a continuation of the comic, simply because there's no toyline to offset it as a marketing item, and the "rights" may be up in the air (how much of the characters does Cartoon Network own in animation form versus Hasbro).

3. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    Yeah, the whole rights thing had me hesitant as well. I dunno. I contacted Mr. Sorenson and he said they have enough material for maybe a smaller Almanac. I'm sort of just hoping at this point.

On the topic of the botcon comics, I'm assuming Marty, who I believe is writing it, is doing his "Arrival" style writing, where the events dont really influence the grand story, but take place within a canonical timeframe.

4. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I'd like to see more Animated toys. I really liked that aesthetic.
    But that's more on Hasbro's part, not really IDW's thing :lol 

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I would love more Animated comics/Almanacs. I would literally die if it happened. (well, no, but, well, y'know)

That said, I'm not signing any online petition. If it happens, it happens, if it don't, it don't. They know how much the fans want it. If IDW could put out more Animated stuff and wanted to, they would, no need to petition. If they could but didn't want to, a petition wouldn't change their minds.

That said, I'm glad this year's Botcon is Animated-themed. It shows that the series is not completely off the table just because the show and toyline are done.

6. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    petition may not help, but it doesn't hurt. that being said, i wonder why IDW doesn't release it, especially if they know how much fans want it.

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It pains me to think that after this Botcon we'll never get any new official Animated material :( 

8. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    why are all the comments here so pessimistic?! XD
    anyways, that's what we're trying to prevent.

9. wikkiddavis

wikkiddavis The wikkid man

News Credits:
    Ill put one in my sig why not i love animated never know ill support it

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Sadly, I think there are things a petition cannot change. Like... almost anything. This is another of those things.

11. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    thanks! ;D

Honestly what's with all the negative comments? It never hurt to try and have a good attitude. Nobody's complaining about the 800+ people signing for the continuation of the marvel transformers.

12. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    To those of us who are being supportive, we got to 179 signatures in less than 12 hours. Nice job!

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    while these usually don't help, i signed anyways

14. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    Is every comment honestly gonna be "it's not gonna do anything"?

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably, because there's a lot of conditions outside of a fan community's control at work here. It's not like Hasbro decided "well, we've got all this great material lying around, but I guess noone wants it so..." Animated ended (IMO) because it didn't get the support it needed: Cartoon Network didn't really want to give it the timeslot and marketing it needed, and Hasbro wanted to focus on ROTF. Hasbro won't likely do another joint venture with CN because now Hasbro has the Hub, and they can't show Animated on the Hub because Cartoon Network holds a share of the rights, and why should they give a competitor a chance to air more shows that don't benefit their network?

Even if this petition got a million signatures, the conditions have since changed. There's no longer a supporting toyline, and that's pretty much a death sentence for any transformers series that's not G1 (and you could argue that G1 still has some merchandising out there). Most of the cast and crew have moved on to other things, and may not be able or willing to return to Animated. Lastly, and most importantly, as with pretty much every "fan petition", the fans make up a tiny portion of the market, and sadly, aren't really the target audience anymore (though we do get thrown a bone every once in a while). Cartoons like Animated ARE aimed at children, and Transformers has always been a way to try and get kids to buy toys. If the kids weren't really buying toys the first time around (though the Animated line was moderately successful, it wasn't a stellar performer, I would say), why would Hasbro want to give the half-hour commercials another shot with no toys to sell?

It could be more likely they'd sell comics based on Animated, but the animated comics when the line was at its peak didn't sell particularly well either.

16. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

In case anyone hasn't heard by now, at Botcon IDW asked the audience for a vote if they would rather have more Animated comics, or G1 issue #81, and the reaction was overwhelmingly for Animated. I still think it's a huge long shot, but they asked and we told them what we wanted...

So maaaaybe this petition actually has a chance now?

17. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Won't this years Botcon have been more likely to attract Animated fans anyway, thus rendering the outcome of that question more than a little biased?

18. predaking5

predaking5 Master of the Predacons

I honestly wish Fun Publications would put out digital comics relating to their "Timelines Themes" I would love to return to their Shattered Glass, Animated, or G2 Redux worlds once a year...

There would be no printing charges and I bet doing this as a NEW club membership item we would all be willing to pony up a few bucks to pay for the artists!