Pete's Robot Convention

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by cobra zartan, Mar 1, 2017.

1. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Pete's Robot Convention

The Summer Robot Convention lives on with Pete’s Robot Convention this June 23-24, 2017 at the Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter!

Cincinnati, OH –Dating back to 1994, the Summer Robot Convention has been a time-honored tradition for fans of all ages and we are thrilled to have the opportunity to keep that tradition going. Pete's Robot Convention makes its inaugural launch this year, taking the Robot Convention concept back to its roots with a renewed focus on the vendors and the thousands of amazing robot toys they will have for sale, while also providing a great venue for fans to come together and make it the social event that we've all come to enjoy. And like we said, there will be thousands of robot toys for sale!

We are offering Pre-Registration for anyone who wants to take part in both the Friday evening activities as well as the Saturday show. Click the Pre-Registration link today to sign up for only $59.75! Check out everything you get for this low attending price! We will also be offering at-the-door admission. Teens and Adults are $10. Kids 12 and under are FREE!

The Transformers, Gobots, Voltron, Robotech, Exo-Squad, Power Rangers, Z-Bots, Commandrons, TriBots, and classic characters from across the last 50 years… Fans of all these great properties and so many more are all welcome at Pete's Robot Convention!
    Please visit PetesRoboCon.com for all the details and additional info. We look forward to seeing you this summer at Pete’s Robot Convention!

About Pete’s Robot Convention
    The organizers behind Pete’s Robot Convention have been a part of the Transformers and general sci-fi genre for over 30 years. Co-organizer Pete Sinclair was part of the former Official Transformers Collectors’ Convention BotCon in various capacities since its inception in 1994, with his last role being that of a Senior Marketing Manager for licensee Fun Publications, tasked with the marketing of both BotCon and the Official G.I Joe Collectors’ Convention GIJoeCon, the former Official Transformers Collectors’ Club and the Official G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club, developing exclusive product and fiction for each. © 2017 Pete’s Robot Convention. All right reserved.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    Hascon who??? I'll be at PeteCon

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    It comes out on the 23rd... so it's not even an early showing... There's really nothing else for that cost?

EDIT: Just checked, you get a drink and appetizer voucher, so that's a little more... but there's also a catch that 50 must be sold, or it'll just be a general audience viewing. That would be kind of cool to see it with 50 other diehards...

4. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    A T-shirt too apparently. You get a drink and appetizer with the movie too.

5. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    Very interesting. Looks like this may end up being the new "Botcon." I'm still interested to see what we get for Hascon, but I'm glad there will continue to be a convention like this. This feels like a successor to Botcon.

6. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He might as well have called it "Pete's Not-Botcon", since he used just about every euphemism for Botcon in the description without actually saying it...

• Like Like x 1
  7. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    for those that absolutely cannot make it to either tfcon?

i wonder what the stance on unlicensed toys will be.

8. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm intrigued, but the distance is far enough from me that it holds no measurable advantage over TFCon, at least insofar as we're talking about travel.

But I'll definitely be watching.

9. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not-Con!

Definitely interested in seeing what he's able to do. BotCon was mostly about getting together with everybody and the dealer room for me, so even if they don't have all the panels and stuff that BotCon had it'll still be cool to go... also it's only a couple hours drive for me :D 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

Agreed. Either way it's only 3.5 hours away from me so I'm definitely checking it out.

11. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey all! Looking forward to kicking off this new convention!

Wanna make sure the correct info is being presented in this thread.

The Pre-Registration package includes:
    • Friday night pre-show meet and greet event (with a drink and appetizer coupon)
    • Transformers: The Last Knight private viewing (will be in our own theater assuming we reach the quota I need, which shouldn't be an issue.)
    • Exclusive Convention T-shirt
    • Early access to the Exhibitor room on Saturday
    • 2 Raffle Tickets - Hourly and Grand Prize (The prizes are going to very cool, more than just a $15 retail toy!)
    • Badge & Lanyard
    So there ya go! I can't post a link yet as this is my first post, but the site is easy enough to find!

• Like Like x 7
  12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I wish you all the best of luck and most importantly a good turn out.

Sadly I won't be making this or any convention this year... there's a slim chance of going to Hascon for a day, maybe... possibly, but only due to proximity.

13. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope you can get some G1/BW voice actors as guests too!

14. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    As much as I do want to see Pete's show succeed, without exclusive toys it's hard to justify flying 2/3 of the way across the country...heck I havent even taken the drive down to Robotoyfest which is much closer.

• Like Like x 1
  15. aptkane

aptkane PaxCybertron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    False. Plus it's better than "Fart Jokes" Dairycon.

16. aptkane

aptkane PaxCybertron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your pie chart is grossly over estimating the 31 people who attend Fartcon by the way. Might want to make an adjustment on that.

17. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    Just go back to Milwaukee then!

Meanwhile, I'll make mine DairyCon!

Pete's Robot in Cincinnati may work. Not the closest drive but may still be doable for me at ~7 hours. Could be fun to be at the first one. Interested to see the panel schedule first.

18. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This was already addressed and clarified what was included. I don't understand why you felt the need to quote that when my second post clearly added what else was included.

The only part of the pie chart that's accurate is how many people are attending Botcon. ;)  That's the joke. I don't get your obsession with farts though. We did one exclusive, based on an actual G2 Character named Windbreaker and that was the only reference to flatulence in over 15 years of doing a convention and exclusives. If you would like to further discuss Dairycon, by all means, come to our thread or send me a pm.

No need to further derail Pete's Robot Convention Thread.

19. aptkane

aptkane PaxCybertron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd rather walk to Pasadena for a convention than drive to the armpit of Wisconsin to go to Dairy con with 20 other people.

20. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Stay on topic please folks. :) 

• Like Like x 2