Peter Cullen

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, May 13, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Was he let go of the show since both the characters he voiced were killed off in TF:TM? Or he stayed behind and help out Joe Bacal and Flint Dille?

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He was still working for the show, he voiced Streetwise, and he was Zandar on Gi Joe (also produced by Sunbow)

3. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

So G.I Joe was in the same producing room?

4. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    You'll notice that a lot of the same groups of actors worked on the same shows. Seems like a nepotism thing.

5. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Do you think the voice actors had a certain relasionship with their cartoon characters?

6. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    While that doesn't pertain to the question, I guess it depends on how long they voice the character.
    I'd assume Cullen is more connected with Prime than Nimoy is with Galvatron.

7. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

and the same with Frank Welker with Megatron than Hugo Weaving with Movie Megatron and Scatman Crothers with Jazz

8. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Same background music too, at least in the case of Joe and TF

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Transformers was basically designed to emulate GI Joe as closely as possible in terms of how the show was modelled, and they likely achieved an economy of scale by using the same staff for both. It also probably made things more smoothly, as theyd be working with people they had experience with.

Also, studios like to bring back the same actors time and time again, and many directors like to build relationships with their casts over several project.

The voice casts are also similar on Visionaries, but I think because the casts for GI Joe and Transformers were so large in terms of characters, that many people of the era worked on the two shows, as I don't think there were as many "top-tier" VAs then as there are now.

Many on the cast have said (at least in recent years) that there was a feeling that Transformers was going to be successful, that the cast knew they were doing something special, but that at that point, it wasn't much more than another job to them. Michael Bell said when he found out Prowl was to be killed he was disappointed to lose the paycheck as much as a connection to the character. I think for many of the major cast members, they've grown closer to the characters they played over the years by seeing the effects they've had on the audience that watched them.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Optimus returned in Dark Awakening and Return of Optimus Prime, Peter Cullen also voiced Streetwise, Slugsliner and either Pounce or Wingspan?

11. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Yes, its annoying, yet awesome at the same time