Peter Berg Blames THE AVENGERS For The Failure Of BATTLESHIP

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by OmegaPrime22, Jun 25, 2012.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Code:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=62339
    Hypocrite much?

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    What did he expect? It's a movie for freaking BATTLESHIP this is like expecting a movie based on Connect4 to actually be successful.

3. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he just needs an aspirin for his butt.

4. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    No, Battleship flopped because it SUCKED!

5. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

He's not wrong. The appeal of Battleship was its action sequences and CGI and not its story or characters. Moviegoers not only got spectacular action scenes in The Avengers, but also got a good story, great characters, and an experience unlike any other. The Avengers wasn't just a great movie, it was a huge event. Marvel spent years introducing their characters so that they could bring them all together for The Avengers and something like that hasn't been done before at this scale. The Avengers also had excellent word of mouth and many repeat viewers who would rather watch something they know will be an awesome movie rather than taking a risk on critically panned movie just to see if they like it.

6. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-no.

I don't think anyone liked the idea of a Battleship movie in the first place.

Plus, I agree with what the comment above me says

7. Primal1987

Primal1987 Creator Of The OptiBrony

News Credits:
    I think it would have done better if it was released before The Avengers, or sometime in August. Releasing it only two weeks after was pretty much a death sentence, and this is coming from someone who genuinely enjoyed the movie.

8. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I partially agree with him.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    well i will give him this if the movie did not have to compete against Avengers it may have done better.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Blaming the failure for Battleships on one of the most succesful super-hero film of all time? Not a wise move my friend. Espcially since it'll create fan rage of epic proportions...

It's like the equilvlilant of Bay blaming the TF fans wh hated the film for it's disapprovel for the critics.

11. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    So.....we should bash a good film because it made a bad film look bad?

Logical.

12. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
  14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

maybe if they didn't make transformers with out transformers, and instead made BATTLESHIP a movie about battleships fighting, like in the board game, then maybe we would of all enjoyed the film. and you got liam neeson in the movie, who does NOTHING! no one cared about the dude with john cartor's hair. nor the stupid romance.

but if they really wanted to make it a great movie, they should of gone all out with it! and make it totally insane crazy campy!

like i said before;

you got those pegs being shot into the sides of ships right? have them do something! have them change into rock'n sock'em robots! monopoly man should be the president of the united states! have Liam Neeson pull out a "laser sword" and start slashing aliens!

you just make a reference to everything hasbro owns. but in a comical way. have two people playing "sorry" in one of the ships! have one of the ships transform into a giant robot, and have a fist fight with an alien battleship that does the same!

that is why this movie failed.

LACK of imagination.

not because of Avengers.

you took the concept of transformers, and made it with out transformers. do you know why we all went to go see the three transformers movies? because they had the transformers in it. we wanted to see Optimus Prime fighting Megatron. *whichs sadly we barely got in all three films* lol

but with out anything to look forward to seeing in this movie, all we had was the boring romance that the movie forgot half way through. and only brought back up again at the end.

ridiculous movie concept? then go insane with it! go with it! don't try to make it serious! just make it a blast of camp!

we like campy movies! :lol 

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I had no desire to see Battleship whether or not it was up against The Avengers anyway. And in-turn, when 2 movies that I want to see are out at the same, I see them both. He is wrong, The Avengers had nothing to do with Battleship failing. Battleship is the reason Battleship failed.

16. Muramasa

Muramasa Well-Known Member

Blaming the success of one movie for the failure of another is idiotic regardless. Besides, I think Battleship still would have tanked had it focused more on naval warfare in a WWII setting.

17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

out of all the properties hasbro has, WHY battleship anyways?

they have MASK for crying out loud! :lol 

18. megapork

megapork Cheese

He's just sore beacuse his movie only survived on whatever overflowed from the avengers.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    He probably also blames his tiny penis on the fact the guy next to him has a massive dick.

"If only more people saw my dick instead of that other guy's dick I'd be getting more customers..."

Every movie released in the cinema has to go up against other movies. A movie gets the cash it deserves, regardless of what else is out at the same time. It's not like people can only afford to go to one movie a year. If people had really wanted to go see ButtholeShits then they'd have gone to see it, even if they went to see Avengers as well.

20. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    thats why superhero movies arent normly releashed at the same time, i know battleship was delayed but releashing it along side a new SH movie thats never been done before.You Dumbass only Liam Neeson And its OST made it good