Pete is happy to address concerns about any actual and perceived missteps by Funpub

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hardreturn, Sep 6, 2014.

1. gawddammit

gawddammit Rocketchoochoo

News Credits:
    Dude, he's just offering his own thoughts on the subject. Others weighed in on the same question. Chill.

2. C.I.A.D.

C.I.A.D. Iron Ape

Hopefully Brian doesn't have Pete tied up in a shed.

[​IMG]

3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I think there's definitely truth in that last sentence, and I do want to be careful not to promote California in these debates (I have a clear self-interest). You do seem to have covered the basic points I would cover, so I see no need to belabor the point further.

4. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Not sure if this deserves it own thread or not so I'll just drop it in here but roll out roll call had a round table link up with pete and while I can't remember everything he did bring up them doing the subscription service as one shipment for international members, it will be looked into, take from that what you will.

5. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Were you there? That went really well I thought. Was great chatting directly to a group of just UK fans and Club members. I hope I was able to give some insight and I tried to give you all plenty of tidbits. It seemed the HMJR's reveal of what almost happened was well received :) 

Anyways, I'm back. To everyone else, if I missed your q, feel free to ask again, but please, NO novels. Try to keep the questions to 1-2 at a time. Thanks!!!

6. C.I.A.D.

C.I.A.D. Iron Ape

Yay Pete!

Question from the Joe Side: What was the process in selecting the bike for the Marissa Fairborne set? We're worried that people might not gravitate to the select bike since it's a shelf warmer. If (don't want to jinx you, sorry!) the offering doesn't do well, would that put the kibosh on future possible crossovers?

7. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    Well, first and foremost, we are looking to offer that item at the best price possible.

Also, I think a big part of why the toy did not do well was more based on the figure, not the accessory.

As far as future crossovers, we already have one in the works that will be a VERY hot item! So, you'll all get two chances to tell us if we should keep doing these.

8. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:

9. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    We have discussed these options, but nothing more than Jesse and me and brainstorming...

10. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Pete, I'm going to assume that, since there have been so many pages since you were last able to give meaningful time to question-answering, anyone who still has unanswered questions should post them again here.

This one's not really mine, but I think is a concise version of a recurring question that, if answered, may prevent a few reposted novels.... Rippersnapper deserves credit for the quoted wording.

I believe that this was especially in regard to International Shipping, but I think it could apply domestically, as well.

11. C.I.A.D.

C.I.A.D. Iron Ape

*Salute*

Best Price + One in the works = I'm in.

12. arbrias

arbrias Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With this item being a crossover, using GI Joe parts only for a Transformers item, will it be offered to the GI Joe Collector's Club as well? Or will you have to have a Transformers Collector's Club membership to purchase it?

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    So, in the idea of crossover figures like Marissa Fairborne, do you have access to Marvel characters, like Circuit Breaker? or is it strictly related to the show characters from Transformers?

14. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    We use a service that calculates postage. I am not sure how much of the handling is included in there. But we don't profit from shipping.

15. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    We are still discussing that.

16. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    That is a great question!

17. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Here's another one. You may have noticed an ongoing discussion (around the late page-30s) about the stickers used on TFSS boxes. One member in particular doesn't like the circular stickers, suggesting that they come loose too easily. Another suggested that, once it was established that a particular type of sticker wasn't working, FunPub should have corrected the stickers/tape for the remaining figures in that year's TFSS, rather than waiting to fix the matter with the next year's service.

I therefore asked the following (the original shows up on page 40 on my browser, but your board settings may differ):
    (as a reminder: I think the stickers on TFSS 2.0 worked just fine, but other members may have different experience)

18. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    I have not heard any reports of someone receiving their figure "opened" due to stickers. I do believe the stickers WERE changed for 2.0 though, and adhered better to the box...

19. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Good to hear its at least something thats been tossed about...

20. BigTFTrev

BigTFTrev Well-Known Member

Ok, here goes the 5th attempt:

1. Why was my personal email address used for non-TFCC agendas by Funpub staff?
    2. Why is the magazine now far more a comic book than an actual magazine?
    3. Why can you only click on the TFSS button when a TFCC member, as this then does not inform non-members that even if they join they will not be able to access the TFSS once the time limit has finished? The only other option being to scroll through page upon page of back notifications on the home page.
    4. Why does shipping to Australia cost so much and why can we not have more transparency with this issue? (know it has been asked a lot but haven't really seen an answer specific to this particular issue).

Remaining hopeful that you will answer these questions :)