Pete is happy to address concerns about any actual and perceived missteps by Funpub

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hardreturn, Sep 6, 2014.

1. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    ok

NOT A WISH LIST THREAD - this is for concerns about the past and future actions and business practices of FunPub

STAFF EDIT

Just a reminder, Pete is answering questions as a service. Please be respectful.

-Jacer

Also, posting this quote in the first post.... Please note and don't ask again. Thanks, mpl

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
  2. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:
    Hey?

3. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Not a misstep, but how come the Energon Barricade mold was Chosen over Steamhammer for Nexus Prime? Consistency as military vehicles or was it too awkward to fit in with the other four?

4. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pete said he would address any actual and perceived missteps by the club if a thread was made. so i made him a thread to do so.

5. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just felt it was the stronger toy (and man, that was 10 years ago. So I don't know ALL the reasons, just seems like the 5 we picked were the strongest five in our minds...)

6. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Pete, did you know that ending most of your posts or tweets with trailing periods comes off as extremely condescending? Because it does.

7. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    Why callout a potential Diaclone homage "too obscure to incorporate into the TFCC/BotCon toys". Then you turnaround and choose a lame duck theme like Machine Wars? A turd of a line if I've ever seen one. Also ANIMATED RULES! 2011 is "the best set ever" since 2006! Thanks Pete.

8. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Fair enough. At the time I though that since the four Aerialbot/Combaticon molds were used for the limbs the Constructicon torso would've been picked.

No actual misstep questions.

9. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why no club-exclusive Masterpieces? You guys might be the only ones capable of delivering some of the MP's we need. After the Walmart failure, no one will touch a v2 MP Skywarp. Why pass on this opportunity?

BTW, I am thrilled to see you guys finally getting into the "TF humans as GI Joe figures" game. I've been waiting for Hasbro to offer them for years to no avail. Kudos to you for seeing the golden opportunity that they were wasting!

10. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    i would just like to know if there are any plans in the future to have someone at the manufacturing plants to give actual QC before things move into production. it seems like factory errors surprise the club and wouldn't if there were more attention paid to qc.

at what point to you decide to give to green light to something like rampage's pin head?

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Misstep: I think the handling of the quality control error stuff is absolutely pathetic, and it's why I don't currently hold a club membership. If I buy Botcon toys, I require the seller to go over them with a fine-tooth comb (and I won't buy sealed, ever) because I know I'm SOL if I go seeking any kind of support (I was a member at the time, I just was not at Botcon, and I was still told to take a hike).

Secondary: What steps are you taking to ensure better quality control on future releases. It seems like every Botcon there's at least one toy that has widespread issues.

I know it's expensive to stand behind everything 100%, but I'm sure there are ways to address factory missteps in a way that allows you to stand behind your product and not alienate the customer base that gets faulty product outside of a situation where a quick exchange is possible.

12. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How about Botcon bouncing between coasts again instead of being stuck in California.

13. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    So that's why that girl broke up with me!

But seriously. Never heard that before though.

14. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    Well, you have that a little out of order. We chose MW, it did not do what we had hoped, and then that also made us gun shy on other "obscure" parts of the franchise (with Diaclone being an "ancestor" obviously.) The question we ask ourselves, can we justify doing a whole set of toys, new names, new characters and different colors. Will there be enough draw. Can we sell 800 sets? Absolutely. Can we sell 1600 though? That is where the concern is.

ALL that said, I can promise you will see a Diaclone homage before your see any more Machine Wars or other niche sub line homages...

15. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    in a similar vein, why was the location of the latest botcon not revealed until weeks before the actual con? especially when the date and location was known months earlier.

16. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:

MP would cost a ton BUT never say never!

The Joes have been on my wish list for years!

17. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    We are always suppose to see samples. I could go back item for item and tell you what happened if you want to give specific examples. Sometimes we did NOT get the samples, sometimes we got the samples and the change wasn't made, and sometimes we missed the mistake.

Rampage we knew was going to be a trick, and there may have been a thing here and there we could have done to increase the size a smidge, but overall I am happy with how he turned out.

18. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    Info reveal must be approved. We would prefer to get info out even earlier.

19. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    Give me examples and I can address...

I can say though that I will be looking even closer due to some of the recent issues. Will be buying a new comb...

20. Petes Robot Convention

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more!