Heavy/Scratch: Petal (Now in colour!)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

EDIT: http://www.shapeways.com/model/207318/petal.html?gid=ug25757

EDIT: Now painted. Please see later posts for more pictures.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Forgot to mention the sample i got has two left legs, hence his right leg often drops off. I am working on getting Shapeways to send a replacement part, shouldn't be a problem to anyone else who buys it, mine is a one in a million manufacturing error i guess. :lol 

Function: Sentry
    Allegiance: N/A
    Height : 60mm (cannon to toes)
    Articulation: Balljointed (knees, hips, shoulders, elbows, head), Swivel (cannon, waist (used for transformation), chest (mounted on ball joints, but used as swivels))
    Connector: Hybrid 5-3 connector, allows use by figures with 5mm hand holes, and 3mm clips.
    Male Connectors: 3mm clip, 5mm hand holes (can wield other weapons, or copies of himself).

Bio: A mass-production unit, each Petal is imbued with a strong sense of loyalty to its superiors. Built as a sentry unit, Petal will protect its charge at any cost, and it is not uncommon to see multiple Petal units acting as a group, each wielding each other along with many other weapons. There is only one situatuon where a Petal unit will turn on its master: When the master should refer to Petal as "she" or "her". In that case, all Petals within range will revolt, with the same undying loyalty to their new cause.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, obviously Ramrider can't have all the money, i figured i'd ruin his monopoly on awesome gun-forming robots. :D 

I should probably explain the name and bio. His working name was "Seeker", hence the scope (which sadly ends up on his butt in robot mode :lol  ). However, i couldn't name him such due to Screamer and co., so i had to find another name. In the end i got bored and during my Chemistry class, i thought of the name Petal. Why?

Centripetal is "centre seeking/seeker".
    Petal is Seeker.

Hence, his full name is SentryPetal. ;) 

This robot is a pretty rough build, in the sense that some of his joints aren't quite obvious at first glance, i'm working on making a build guide for this guy soon. He's supplied as a 19 piece kit, build-it-yourself deal.

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Oi. You. Outside. :lol 

Seriously, though, this is pretty cool. I can't help wondering how he'd look modified into a mini-tank, actually, following the whole 'sentry drone' idea.
    I'm intrigued by the concept of having them able to wield each other. Given that they're the same size, how would that work in actuality?

Also, two left legs? I'm not quite sure how that's even possible unless either your model's got two left legs in the first place, or someone managed to order a copy themselves, and the legs got mixed up in packing. :p 
    Any idea why it's falling off?

3. Treadshot A1

I'll kick your ass bro. Come on. You and me, after class. :lol 

Petal is designed to be able to hold another copy of himself. Of course, weight becomes an issue, so best to have him leaning on a wall. However, it is a funny image to think of one Petal dual wielding two others. :lol 

I doubt someone elese bought one in time for the orders to get mixed up, but regardless it might have to do with them rearranging parts for the printing process, and accidentally flipping them. Who knows? Anyways, SW is usually very good with these sorts of things, I'm sure they'll replace it in style. :) 

Why it's falling off is because the part itself has some misprints as well. The foot is off, the length, I'd say it was a misprint but got mistaken for a correct piece.

4. Screamingjet

Screamingjet Well-Known Member

Nice stuff man.

5. xaviercal

xaviercal Customizer

Ebay:
    that is really awesome had little mini megatron vive to him

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    That's solid. Could use a bit more height, but I do like it. I'd love to see it painted up as well.

7. SpeedFreak01

SpeedFreak01 Well-Known Member

"Help! I'm being attacked by Petals!"
    "...What?"

8. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    I like the little gir......great looking fellow. ;) 

9. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

I like the whole "I'M NOT A GIRL!" mentality. :D 
    And I like this. nice job, but you now need to make a female version called Killdeath or something else that's manly. :D 

10. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice work. I really like his design. And I like RamRider's idea of making it into a mini tank.

11. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Love what you & ramrider all make... great work!!!

12. Treadshot A1

Thanks guys!

Hmm, maybe the arms are a bit too low i guess. I'll get him painted asap.

You two are so dead. :lolol 

Make a fembot? As soon as i get proportions right, there will be one. :) 

How's a mini tank different from a regular tank? :lol 

:scalper 

*couldn't resist*

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

You know, I think it's not the arms that are too long, so much as the lower legs are a bit short. Extend them by a few millimetres and it should be closer to expected proportions.

It's smaller. :p 

14. Treadshot A1

Wow, who would've guessed it was smaller, Einstein? :lol 

And were you suggesting it turn into a Minitank instead of the gun, or Minitank and the gun? Because the first one would be a hell of a lot easier.

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Either. I think the gun mode has something of the tank about it anyway, so whether you managed to make it a triple changer or just a tank variant, I think either would work.

16. Treadshot A1

Painted!

I chose to paint mine in a very un-creative black and purple scheme, to show what he looks like after one should refer to her as a...

*Ouch!*

Um, i mean, after one should refer to him as a girl.

[​IMG]

Note: While he is shown with his cannon acting as a tripod, he CAN stand on his own, without support. I lowered his cannon down to show the hybrid clip which would otherwise be obscured. That, and my copy has two left feet, so can't stand up anyways. :lol 

Attached Files:

17. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

People with two left feet can usually stand up fine, they just can't dance. :p 

I like the colourscheme, though it might look better paired with someone other than Breacher; the black and purple feel silghtly off to me with the blue and white. Though surely you should have gone for pink and purple, to ensure maximum confusion, and therefore violence? :lol 

18. Treadshot A1

I think i might just partner him with my Howling. The two of them together would be like inviting every Megatron ever, all in one place at one time. Total, utter chaos.

Bitch.

I'm only using Breacher because he's cool, and a pretty popular scout it seems, so i figured this would be something people would all have, and hence be able to relate to.

Anyone who doesn't get the joke should ask Autobot Burnout, and/or the Busou Shinki Cult.

19. Ironkorr

Ironkorr Ironkorr Customs

Ebay:
    This is so cool man. I love this, I wish I had the ability you do. That must take a lot of time. Very impressive.

20. Treadshot A1

Thanks Iron Core. I'm sure you'll pick it up soon enough, but let me and Ramrider make some money first, kk? :lol