peta is at it yet again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by optimusprime42, Feb 17, 2010.

1. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
  2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

What are they up to? I don't see anything besides some photos of the dog show.

3. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Wrong link?

4. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Why even create posts like these? Even if the link was correct, you're essentially "feeding the trolls" of NGOs.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    here is a link to show what the morons of PETA did PETA Takes Protest Inside Westminster - Gothamist

Honestly of all the places to protest this makes the least sense as the dogs there are pampered big time but i suppose its a huge event with animals and that enough

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    dog show dogs may be pampered, but many are bred in ways that make them phyiscally frail, prone to disease, joint problems, and just overall miserable lives.

so if they protested for THAT, it'd make a bit of sense. so of course peta ignored that, and yelled about shelter dogs dying, which they've shown in the past to be all for killing through their own "better dead than fed" practices.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I would totally bang the brunette and blonde in that video, while eating a bacon cheeseburger over them and singing the Oscar Meyer theme song.

And yeah, this thread is stupid. This is typical PETA protesting at any events that features animals. Who really gives a shit.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    :lolol  epic!

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Not sure I even get the message. Once again, PETA fails at making a point.

10. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    every dog bred makes a sheltered dog dead. man, peta are some brain surgeons.

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would tell peta that I love to have a nice big t-bone steak.

12. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS AMIRITE.

...sigh.

They're making a good point. If you buy a purebred dog, you're denying a shelter dog a home. I've had shelter dogs, and I've had purebred dogs. Plus, look at the conditions most animals are kept in at puppy mills. Although many of us enjoy purebred dogs, it's a sad fact that our interest in purebreds are letting lovable mutts in shelters not find a home.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Fuck PETA. We got our dog (mixed-breed by the way) from a puppy fair that got its dogs from a mill, and I wouldn't trade her for any other dog on the planet.

You'd think it'd make more sense for those media whores to picket a mill instead, but noooooo...

14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS!!! Hell yeah.

15. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    Disagree, if you want to pay thru the nose to get a pure bred, then you have every right. If you want to get a dog from the shelter, its also your right. As long as the animal is treated with respect and dignity that it deserves then all is well. Its like telling people that dont own dogs that they are denying the sheltered dogs a good home.

16. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

This is a very good point. I also see the shelter dogs thing, as it is pretty sad that so many animals who could use a good home are put down.

Also, another PETA thread where PETA does something pretty harmless? Really? We are going to jump all over them for harmless things that they do now?

17. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Looks like Micheal Vick just freed up some pure bred homes for the sheltered puppies.

18. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    That's like saying you shouldn't date a supermodel, there are plenty of fat chicks out there.

19. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Bullcrap.

Breeders tend to go insane trying to keep that stuff out of their lines. You get judged against for stuff like hip dysplasia. Hell, disposition is part of the judging. So a happy and well-adjusted dog scores better.

Lookee: Kimbertal Guarantee
    Note all the health info and guarantees. Breeders want healthy animals all 'round.

Oh, and breeders do not hurt the chances of shelter dogs.

Lemme show everyone why: Kimbertal Kennels, Doberman Breeder Page

Yeah, the casual dog-owner is gonna do all that.

And this: Doberman Pinscher Pups For Sale

$600.00 to $2800.00 for a NADSR registered, NADSR Pedigreed, and AKC registered puppy.

My grand-uncle raised and bred Dobermans. They are the first animals I can ever remember being around. By the way, a Doberman named Blazing Star took Working Group. She is the #2 dog in the whole country. I am pleased.

Once again, PETA are idiots. Breeders and shelter dogs hit completely different markets. Breeders are also people who care deeply for these animals, you just can't do it if you don't.

Puppy mills are an entirely different game. Never buy a dog from a pet store. A breeder will ship the animal to you. Stores like PetsMart will have the SPCA and Humane Society come in and bring potential adoptees. Any dogs they may get from breeders will have all their paperwork in order.

Breeders do not fill shelters. Pet stores and puppy mills do.

- Coeloptera

20. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Either/or fallacy FTL.

I've had my share of shelter dogs, and every one I have had has been completely FUCKED in the head--either from abuse, living in the wild for too long, or what have you. I'm sure there must be some normal dogs who end up in the shelters, but mine have all turned out to be shit-house crazy.

What I personally choose to do is to find someone whose bitch is having a litter of puppies and take one of them. That way, I can nurture them from puppyhood and it's a hell of a lot easier to house-train that way.