Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    So I was thinking about SDCC Bruticus, and how it bothers me when a combiner isn't sturdy, like it flops around easily and isn't tough and durable like the G1 Combiners.

So I ask now, what is your pet peeve for certain types of Transformers?

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Dark of the Moon Cyberverse toys

3. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

Really just any transformers that suck.

4. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

deluxe class tfs with bad paint apps, i'm looking at you prid knockout.....

5. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    First of all, you have SDCC Bruticus? How floppy are the limbs exactly?

Also, G1 combiners, durable? I think not. I went through dozens of bodies/limbs as a kid. The limb bot heads/connector pieces LOVED snapping off at even the slightest toss down the stairs...

6. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

why would you toss your stuff down the stairs?

7. orangeitis

Ebay:
    :drunk  eh, kids are stupid. /excuse

8. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Combiners that don't use the mass of their component parts wisely. Specifically, I'm referring to Beast Wars Magnaboss. Ironhide makes up the majority of the figure, as he forms both arms, both legs, and the chest. Prowl is okay, since he forms the head. But Silverbolt is a problem as well, since all he forms is two tiny wing flaps on the front of the robot, and back kibble. You could cut Silverbolt out of the figure entirely and not really miss him. And Ironhide should not be forming that much of the combiner by himself.

Also, I'm sure that a few people are going to mention the whole "curling iron biceps", where the arms bend with the palms facing up. I know this annoys some people... but personally I actually like this, in moderation. It lets me add a bit more variety to the poses of my figures, since most of them have traditional elbow bends.

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When the headsculpt sucks. That's by far the easiest deal breaker for me. If the head sucks, the rest of the figure sucks.

10. Robot.MacGyver

Robot.MacGyver Improvisational Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pet peeve? Eh! More like minor annoyance about contrivances.
    I know that everyone isn't going to like what I like, so any complaint is relevant only to me.
    If someone shares the thought, yay....
    I'm not a fan of how obvious characters sometimes get overlooked in favor of a fringe character or a stupid repaint.
    I'll keep any further ideas about that to myself.

11. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Now, what constitutes a sucky headsculpt? Que-weird or Skids-ugly?

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    When a bunch of bots with similar alts have the same type of transformation scheme. Cars are a prominent offender (especially Legends/Legion).

A bit hard to explain, but alt and robot modes that basically serve the same function; i.e. a vehicle with a big ol' drill turning into a robot with a big ol' drill. I don't mind having a few here and there like that nor do I mind cases like Movie Bonecrusher, but stuff like Shockwave's "fusion tank" where it has 3 modes that all serve the same exact function is just pointless.

Massive chunks of the alt mode that don't transform; i.e. Movie Blackout & Incinerator.

Feet that only support one pose --standing straight-- ESPECIALLY when the legs themselves have all the articulation you could ever ask for.

13. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    fake wheels

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mostly when the face just looks derpy. If it's accurate like Que and Skids, then I don't mind. But stuff like FoC Sideswipe's face is what I don't like. Or when the proportions aren't right like Shattered Glass Soundwave.

15. orangeitis

Ebay:
    Pet peeves, let's see...

-Inappropriate "feet" on some TFs, especially G1 redesigns. They just don't look natural like the single shin/foot part of the lower leg looked.

-Weapons as part of the alt mode. Weapon storage in alt mode is okay, as long as it don't take away from the designs of the weapon or the Transformer itself. Generations Blurr/Drift are examples of good execution of this, while Classics Grimlock's 'tail' is a good example of a bad execution of weapon storage.

-So many different alternate universe versions of characters. The different continuities aren't the problem... it's just reusing the characters. Changing them. It's not like I don't want them to change, I just want totally new characters to take their place. Kinda too late to have any hope it'll change though, characters like Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Starscream are too famous.

I'll think of more later.

16. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

This expecially when their unpainted. (MP Red Alert being one of the few if not the only exception)

17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

By pet peeves, I take that as small annoyances that don't ruin the figure. By those standards...

-Unpainted rims, unless it's accurate. It doesn't ruin it for me, but it just kinda bugs me.

-When a figure has a weapon that looks like there should be two, but it only has one. Examples: TFP RID Arcee's arm blade, FE Bumblebee's blaster (Only reason why I got a second one)

-When a figure has a ball jointed head, but it can't look up very far. God, that bugs me to hell.

18. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

That.

I seem to remember a lot of G2 figures having similar issues, Clench was a major offender, regardless of how much I love him. If you happen to lose their weapon for whatever reason, you wind up with this gaping hole in your alt-mode, or a completely unusable alt-mode altogether.

Half a truck is not fun, but I did eventually find it.

19. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Parts that are cast in one color, only to be entirely painted in another. FE Prime's windvane and middle sleeper panels are prime examples of this. They're blue plastic, which makes sense for the bottom sleeper panels that have the blue to red pattern on them, but are completely painted red. Even the inside of the middle panels are painted red! And RTS Jazz's forearms being black plastic painted white.

Another peeve of mine? When a figure has translucent plastic in their head for light-piping that should work...only that the eyes themselves are painted over in the same color as the plastic it's on. RTS Perceptor uses translucent yellow plastic in his head, but then the eyes are painted over in yellow!

And I really don't like clear plastic in load-bearing locations such as in the elbows. I've lost at least one figure because of this. One day, I transform it and SNAP! The forearm has broken at the elbow.

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Oh yeah, this bugs me too.