Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drippy, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

People who stand in the middle of the asile while I'm trying to get buy. Move you're heavy load before I bite you, b!itch!

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    People who completely disregard crowd control simply because they're too fucking lazy to walk around the fencing. So they jump the fence, fall on their face, and sue us.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Probably my biggest pet peeve has to be when a professor helps your class review for an exam, then you take the exam and find a few (or many) questions that had nothing to do with the review, the material covered so far or the important aspects of the course. Of course, when this is raised to the professor by anyone, it's always followed by the convenient excuse, "I wanted to challenge you."

For fuck's sake, if you wanted to challenge us, why didn't you just give us harder versions of the questions we've already seen? Or give us trick questions that apply to the material we've studied? It seems to make more sense to introduce new material before an exam, not during it.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    People who go 10 mph stopping at EVERY street corner to read the street signs, I want to get out of the car and beat them.... and people who sit behind me in class who chew gum with their mouth OPEN! RAH!

5. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Members of TFW2005 who don't read the Rules/Info before getting themselves banned.

6. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

speed bumps

7. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

People who cant drive. Those who dont know how to use the fast lane. I have major road rage problems.

8. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

The hippy residents of Boulder, CO.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    hmm, pet peeves eh?

- People who disbelieve everything they hear on the internet
    - People who see me looking a TF's in stores and say, "did you know theres a movie soon".
    - The new UK virus, the Chav

10. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

I'll see your Boulder, CO and raise you a Santa Cruz, CA. You dare to call me on that and I'm going all in with a Berkeley, CA.

11. Jux

I'll counter with the ultra-conservative Colorado Springs, CO.

12. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

The sound of people flicking their nails while trying to pick them.

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have a list about a thousand items long, and reserve the right to add to it at any time. It's all stored subconciously, though, so I can't remember any of them until someone does it.

But I don't know what to call the one that irritates me the MOST. It's when adults--only adults--play little bullshit games or take advantage of the wording of certain rules to not take ownership of their actions. As a for instance, we recently had a group project. We agreed (via email) to meet in "the library" at a certain time. One group member doesn't ever show up, and says later we thought she meant the 'regular' library, as opposed to the medical library.

1) The former is across campus, while the latter is in the same building as our classroom.

2) We're in a MEDICAL program, doing a MEDICAL project.

When asked why she didn't come check out the medical library, she told us we never said medical, so she thought we'd just cancelled without telling us (a point she used to go on the offensive). It was obvious that she didn't want to work on the project, and I just can't fucking stand little games like that.

Or another student, who checks out multiple books from the program's mini-library, and turns them in at the end of the three-day limit, only to immediately check them back out. This way, she avoids ever purchasing any expensive textbooks, but they're there for students who forgot a book one day or need a different text for more information. She knows it's shady, but when asked about it by other students, becomes confrontational and states that she's obeying all the guidelines.

But I don't know what that's all called.

14. Jux

People who want to discuss a topic but tell you to do your own research instead of backing up their view themselves.

15. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People who base there view of an entire group of people because of their one bad interaction with a person of that group.

People who drive 10 mph under the speed limit just because they see a police car.

People who blame all their problems on someone/thing else

16. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Organic nuts...Just because its Organic does not mean that it is not fattening and does not mean that it'll 'cure' whatever.

17. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Hey you keep me out of that one. Damned conservative neo-facist hippies of Berkeley. :p 

18. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This one annoys me too.

Also:

[​IMG]

If you're going to cycle on the road, KEEP TO THE EDGE OF THE LANE SO PEOPLE CAN PASS YOU.

19. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd go with "organic" food in general. I mean, if that fruit over there is organic, what's the other stuff...inorganic?

Thought of another one - People who do not grasp the meaning of "Express Lane" checkouts. This includes, but is not limited to: Checking out with more items than the 'limit', paying with a cheque when the sign says "cash/credit only", paying with a non-expedient method of payment (ie - lots of change, roll of ones), haggling with the clerk over the price/availability/whatever of an item, asking the clerk 'customer service desk' questions, talking on cellphone and not paying attention to the line movement, etc.

EDIT

Agreed. I hate it when other cyclists do that...and it's usually the "spandex pants on a road bike" crowd.

Connected to that, though...Drivers: When passing a bicycle on the road (assuming the bike is over to the right, as it should be), a reasonable distance between your car and the bike is all that is required. Six inches is not a reasonable distance but it is also not necessary to move completely over into the next lane/other side of the road.

20. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

use of the word oriental

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.