Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drippy, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

My sister-in-law consistently parking in my driveway.

Look, I understand if you're unloading a bunch of kids or something and need to use the spot for a while. But unless you're paying my mortgage, then I expect to be able to park in my own driveway when I get home from work. Parking, including on the street directly in front of my house, is plentiful.

Thanks.

Anyone else?

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Hearing people chew on plastic or crunch hard candy. The sound destroys my nerves, and I can't stand it.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

You can drown out that sound by chewing tinfoil.

4. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

wow, um, how much time do I have? Geez, this could go on and on, lets see a few are todays music, slow people, girls that say one thing and mean another, the rising cost of gas, bland tv sitcoms, disney, well like I said, this could go on for a while.

5. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

Pace yourself. ;) 

People coming into my office and trying to discuss work while I'm clearly eating lunch.

People transferring business related phone calls (not taking messages) while I'm clearly eating lunch.

6. Jux

I have no problems when it's me chewing hard candy. I'll crunch away all day.

But to hear others do it, well, you might as well drag a nail across a chalkboard while you're at it.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That freakin' weirdo from the mailroom that's always hanging around my cube every day at lunchtime, who likes to peer at my screen and comment on things.

"What's that program do?"
    "Oh, that one is red, better check it out!"
    "Surfing the web, huh?"

GTFO OF HERE. Mind you own shit!

8. Jux

Rats.

9. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

People that take the elevator to/from the second floor.

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

People who moves as slow as they can in checkout lanes.
    People who walk right in front of my car and give me a dirty look if I don't stop fast enough.

11. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Good one... :thumb 

When the car in front of you leaves 5 car lengths between him and the guy in front of him...allowing everyone in the lane beside you to get over...

People who clear land and carelessly damage trees that are to be kept...

Flip-flops and other noisy shoes...

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Broads.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    People who come to my house, go to the restroom, pee all over the edge of the bowl, and not clean up after themselves.

14. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Same. Worst of all is they give me attitude when I get irritated. "Oh man, don't interupt pscoop's lunch, god forbid"

First of all, I may not be the skiniest guy in the world, but I am not some food obsessed tank.

Second, I am in my office from 8am to 6pm and don't leave for lunch. Let me have my 15-20 minutes to eat my damn lunch.

Third, fuck those people.

Another pet peeve is people who say "suposubly' instead of "supposedly". What are you 6?

Good thread idea drippy I feel better. :D 

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    People blaming others for their own stupidity. After all, IT'S ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT.

Also, people who come to my work place to be rude or pissed. I don't go to your workplace and say your policies suck and to cause a ruckus. Keep your personal problems at home.

And also Mercedes or BMW drivers who think they own the road.

16. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

People who refer to themselves in the third person.

The 50 year old virgin in the cubical next to mine at work that calls his mom everyday after he eats just to tell her that he ate.

17. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I dislike it when people use words that don't exist when trying to use an actual word, especially when the made-up word doesn't even make sense. Case in point, "irregardless," which would be a double negative even if it was a real word. It's also not cool when people grossly misuse a real word when mistaking it for a different one. If you don't want to hang out with your friends, you are being unsociable, not antisocial. If you were antisocial, you'd be out vandalizing stuff and setting fires.

18. Streck

Streck QED Veteran

People that somehow managed to make it to adulthood - and employment - with an education that apparently stopped at a grade-school level.

19. TestDrive

TestDrive razzle dazzle

QFFT

People who read my name of my shirt, and then use it to talk to me like we're friends.

20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - People who impede pedestrian traffic in hallways, stairs, doors, etc. Includes, but not limited to: Groups walking abreast, taking up an entire hallway and refusing to move over for faster walkers; people opening doors just enough for them to get through and not holding the door for those close behind them; people having conversations in narrow halls/doors/stairways and blocking movement.
    - Joggers: Could all the joggers in the world kindly get together and pick one side of a jogging/bike path to universally jog on? I hate dodging around all these nuisances on my bike.
    - Fellow bicyclists: Unless it's overwhelmingly dangerous to do so, bikes are to be ridden on the road, not the sidewalk.
    - Female drivers on cellphones. I'm sorry to be sexist here, but 95% of the time when someone cuts me off in traffic or is driving badly, it's a woman on a cellphone (I've been keeping track).
    - People having conversations on their cell phone in stores, particularly in the checkout line and especially if they're currently being served.
    - People who think that their "feelings" have some inherent value that trumps concrete fact. Particularly in political discussions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.