Personal treatment for TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscream NZ, Jul 21, 2009.

1. DOWNFORCE

DOWNFORCE Well-Known Member

Sweet keep it up!

2. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

Were you planning on giving your script/ slash treatment to BAY or someone??? I also am writing a treatment/ script but I dont plan on showing anyone because I somehow want Bay or someone to take a look and consider my ideas. I like what you have but I think mine may be better for the movie universe. not to mention I have a reason why the events that take place in my story are taking place.

3. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm finding it a bit difficult to work in the comedy to the treatment. It definitely needs fleshing out. Once i've completed it I may give it a second writing to try and add more elements to it, specifically comedy wise.

One of my biggest gripes was that almost every Autobot in ROTF was 'comedic relief' - this should *really* be kept to 1 or 2 characters. So I fully intend to just leave it be with Skids/Mudflap with the occasional Bumblebee moments.

Reason I took 'experiment 84' was just a weak homage to G1. I want to try and explore Shockwave as somewhat of a mad scientist, he's still cruelly logical. He firmly believes the way to the win the war is to enchance their race with new abilities, however he has no issue torturing or terminating his experiments if need be. Also, the spark idea spawned from BW Megs and Rampage, a concept I really liked.

I specifically chose Roadbuster and Jetstorm as they're two characters not often seen and from two different eras (G1 comics, and Beast Machines). As for the Combaticons, they'd initially be like most Decepticons in Bay films, and remain unnamed. Would probably give Onslaught a line or two but as for Blast-Off (though would consider making this Vortex) and Swindle, would probably get fairly minimal characterisation.

Blaster was a tough choice, I wanted this team to be a semi-Wreckers type team, 4 heavy-hitting soliders (Springer, Roadbuster, Tracks and Wheeljack) as well as someone to pilot their ships and maintain order from a distance which is why it was a battle between Blaster and Perceptor. I chose Blaster because i've always liked the idea of having Steeljaw as an Autobot 'guard dog' so to speak. Unfortunately he won't play a major role in the treatment.

Finally, I have no plans to send this to Bay. No matter how awesome these scenarios play out in a treatment, i'd get laughed out of the office before anyone even read it. I simply don't have the credentials to get a foot in the door sadly. Will have part 3 up today.

4. PrimePower04

you never know tho...Bay could use some of the ideas we think of. Afterall writers are writers not masterminds of new ideas. We however think constantly of cool ideas the studio could use!

5. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Very nice... as a writer i can say that it isn't quite professionally done (but thats why we have editors!). I definetly appreciate the tone, but where is the core theme... some elemental sci-fy nature to drive along the plot perhaps?? I read the whole thing, which in an obscure manner says a lot. Good work.... wont you be pissed if any part of TF3 mimics your writing and you recieve no credit lol.

When a bunch of people said they were writing transformers 3 treatments i thought, my goodness what kind of ghastly uncoordinated writing project is this going to be. BUT, i must say i was pleseantly suprised.

6. newguy

newguy i

How many explosions, and awesome robot fights? Thats all I want from the movies now.

7. ChrisIzDaShiz

ChrisIzDaShiz Banned

Wow....umm.....you really need.....a g/f!

8. newguy

newguy i

Hur hur hur. YoUR sO FuNNy

9. Starscream NZ

News Credits:
    Actually, no, I don't need a girlfriend. I am happily in a gay relationship. I fail to see how that would really affect my writing skills anyhow.

As for an overall theme, I agree that there is no major one present in this treatment. The main theme I have in my mind is 'all or bust'. It hasn't been presented well, my motivation for Megatron is basically that he's lost everything. He's lost The Fallen, the Allspark, the sun harvester, the hatchlings (to his knowledge) and now he's out for an 'all or nothing' final battle, and to kill Sam for everything that he's done to help the Autobots win. I couldn't really think of a mcguffin as such to use, as aside from stealing energon, there's nothing currently in TF lore that would suit, and it'd just be lame to have THREE of Cybertrons most important artifacts on earth (the Matrix, the Allspark, not to mention the Primes corpses, the seekers and so fourth).

Thanks for all the postive comments, and constructive criticism. I appreciate it all.

10. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

Do you think the final battle should be between Megatron and Prime? Sweet treatment dude.

11. Starscream NZ

News Credits:
    I'm currently visualizing the final battle in my head. It would indeed have Megs and Prime duking it out one final time, as well as everyone else fighting amongst themselves too. I'm also penning a final showdown between Bumblebee and Barricade, if that's possible.

12. PrimePower04

are you going to do a ful script or just your ideas that come into your head?

13. Starscream NZ

News Credits:

I'm merely going to write a treatment. I don't feel I currently posses enough writing skills to write a fully-fledged script. If I were to write a script, I would want to make sure I would be totally proud of it and make it as true to the movie style as I can make it, while making it convincing and not some fan-wank story with 50 characters in it and totally a unrealistic plot.

14. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

Hi!

Like your idea of Steeljaw as a guard dog, try to work it in if you can. (i like that you chosed Blaster over perceptor).

also Blaster could have a moment alone against Soundwave, does soundwave know where the NEST base is located by the way?

15. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm loving this so far, but I'm not too sure about aking the spotlight so far away from Prime. The autobot interaction you've created is really good, specially when arcee and jazz are mentioned and the scene where sideswipe teaches the twins to fight sounds be amazing. Blitzwing is pure awesomeness.

The one thing that bothers me is that there's too much robot scenes, it would need a huge budget to get done, sounds good as fanfic, but as a script treatment you have to keep that in mind.

16. Starscream NZ

News Credits:
    You'd be correct here. What my plan of attack now, is to finish off part 3 and then begin a re-write to add the emphasis on the human characters, there's points i've picked up on now that I haven't written into the treatment already. As much as many of us would love it to be a pure robot on robot film, it ain't going to happen so I am working to rectify this. I'd like to include Simmons into this somehow but having some difficulties finding him an important role.

17. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

Simmons is not needed i think.

Maybe you can add Miles, Sams friend from TF1.

Fig, the soldier from TF1, now on wheelchair, maybe lennox and epps could pay him a visit.

Does Mikaela have some female friends?

Always thought Ron, sams dad have a brother, maybe sam has an uncle?