Personal request regarding BC '07

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Hi Q, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    To start with the main point, I want to go to BotCon next year.
    And I want to do it right, I want to go for a Primus package.
    Which means a flight overseas, making the total pretty expensive, but I'll live.

Thing is this is totally beyond anything I have experience in, and although I'm sure I could work it all out myself, I'd feel more comfortable with some help.

For example, because I want to get the most if this I want the be there when it starts, meaning I have to be in the US for that, and since flight times aren't all that sure, I'd better plan one that arrives a day early or so. Meaning I'd have to stay somewhere, and I expect hotel arrangements specifically available for the BC only to be for the BC nights. That is how it works, right?
    So what would be great if someone would put up with me, preferably someone who also preregisters and wants to be there from the start as well, so I can tag along. Maybe also to pick me up from the airport. ;) 

I may also plan to stay overseas a bit longer, catch the movie there if it isn't shown at the BC, or who knows what, but that's for later.

I realise I'm saying this to a bunch of people who pretty much don't know me, which is why I'm already posting this now. I like to be sure of things well ahead. I'm just not much of a forum user, don't venture out of junkion exchange much.

Anyway, to the point, or rather the question, is there anyone who would be willing to help me out with such issues? If anyone can already even say yet at this point...

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Okay! First, up: LOVED your TF database, d00d. I still use it to catalogue everything I have. Thank you!
    I get the feeling from your post that you haven't done much out-of-country travelling; well, don't panic, or worry, or anything like that. Going on holiday to the US is far more simple than it sounds. I've been over there 8 times now, and every time except Botcon 04 has been by myself. So if you've got any particular questions about that side of stuff, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can help.
    Botcon's a friendly event. I won't be able to fly over there with you (I'm UK based, you're in the Netherlands), but if you want someone to hang around with & introduce you to various people (everyone I've met from here at the last 3 Botcons has been great fun to hang out with) I am more than happy to offer my services.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You should be able to arrive a day or so early and still get the convention rate for that night.

The con started on Thursday night, but I checked into the hotel on Wednesday and got the convention rate.

4. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When I booked in 05 I booked an extra day and still got the con rate. As far as i know as long as you not staying more than a day or 2 extra you should get the con rate. As far as events to do before thursday night resgination. you maybe able to hook up with some other fans and drink or have dinner with. I know if I can I'm thinking about showing up a day early myself and having my parts parts start as soon as I get settle in like last year.

5. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

If all else fails, I live 1 hour away. Gimme a holla. BTW, where are you flying into?

6. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    So far I only know where I'm coming from, which is below my avatar, the Netherlands.
    I figure I should first await actual BotCon details before determining other details.