personal opinion on repaints

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by newguy, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love them. If you think about it, these guys are machines. How hard is it to imagine that there would be 2, 3, or even 100 different bots all using the same body molds. I prefer them to be different characters vs powered-up characters myself, as each new character feeds my Armies. (In fact I'd like more Mini-cons, please Hasbro.)

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am pleased somewhat by how hasbro has been handling TF repaints- for the most part.
    it is a damn sight better than the ridiculous Batman repaints.
    about the financials, i don't know or really care as long as a smart cookie in accounting keeps the factories producing new TFs, ya dig?

3. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    sunstorm is not a repaint...he is unique flaming consordium of CRAP!!!

UGH! that color scheme and it's shades of crappy color tones!

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I dont get some of the hate towards repaints as there's such a simple solution to them, if you dont like them just dont buy them. I'll admit they should maybe lighten up with some of the lesser molds, but I generally favor repaints as a whole. There are quite a few good ones that get made, some of which even surpass the original which in many cases I have found have swung my opinion on a particular mold that might have had a less then desirable original paint.

And like Scantron said Hasbro needs to get some mileage out of each mold so it makes a lot of sense from a financial standpoint. Also for the record the whole argument about repaints being some sort of Hasbro/Takara scam/cash grab is completely bogus, a toy company trying to get some mileage and there moneys worth out of a mold and actually make some money for shame :rolleyes2 

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  5. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Finally, someone else who thinks Sunstorm way too frikkin' overrated.

6. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    i can tolerate the small HOC character they released..he did not look too bad...the e-hobby figure just plain carries FUGLY to a new over priced and over-rated level.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yep.

Some repaints I don't mind buying at all since sometimes the repaint is better than the original. But those are pretty few and far between. If I really like a mold I'm more likely to buy it multiple times too. Besides if we didn't have repaints or remolds we'd never have gotten 5/6th of the G1 Seekers, Prowl, Smokscreen, Red Alert, Hoist, Inferno, etc. etc. All that said, I think the Premium series is just a tad overkill. That's just essentially the same toy the released a year ago with a few more splotches of paint.