Personal HUGE disappointment concerning "Hurt" *episode spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    The portrayal of Hardshell.

Since he was supposed to be Bombshell, he's supposed to be the more intelligent and discriminate of the main three Insecticons (both in homaging G1, and via FoC; ____shell was also my favorite of the three), but they treated him as another generic idiot strongman in TFP (not necessarily in FoC). I am fairly upset at his demise, especially so quickly. While I realize shit happens, just a personal miff.

Anyone else with thoughts concerning the particular subject of Harshell's TFP visit? Positive, negative or otherwise.

2. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    How dare a character be different in another continuity!

I'm just pissed that they killed him off so soon.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I actually liked Hardshell - I never really realized he was supposed to be a homage of sorts to Bombshell, so I took him for what he appeared to be: the strongest of the Insecticon horde, the most capable warrior out of all of them. I didn't figure he'd be sticking around for long, just another bad guy - but for the time he was around, I enjoyed seeing him. I also was pretty sure at one point he was going to win his fight.

4. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I guess you're right, but these Insecticons aren't exactly the scrap drones they were in G1. Actually, in point of fact, they're more erudite than the crazy slavering creations of Shockwave in FOC.

5. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Your bullshit aside, it was very clear that they tried to keep a connection to the G1 Bombshell in this Aligned-verse, FoC made that clear.

6. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Civilized Enforcer

Yes, I felt like he was a wasted chance... Here's what I would have done.

Bulkhead dies, Miko still blows Hardshell to Kingdom Come, But he gets repaired and given new armor that actually makes him look like G1 Bombshell again. Cerebro shells, The lack of ability to fly but the ability to shoot bombs, Ect.

7. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol Karhukjnsi telling it like it is.

personally, it doesnt bother me that he died- he lied to Megs, megs called him out, put him to task, and he failed. Thats how the cookie crumbles when your boss is a tyrannical despot.

Hopefully they keep David Kaye in the mix as a VA though, yessssssss.

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think for me, it's the loss of David Kaye as a VA in TFP, more than Hardshell.

I would put the Insecticons in the same bucket as the vehicons...they're cannon fodder--even their strongest ones.

9. TCJJ

TCJJ 103% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I definitely thought it would have been nice to see him last a bit longer. They made him out to the strongest, but he got his ass handed to him. They spent two episodes on him, and now it feels like a waste. Also, no more David Kaye (at least for the time-being), which is another huge disappointment.

10. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

I really doubt they would get rid of David Kaye this easily. He's obviously going to voice multiple characters like he did in Animated.

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I liked Hardshell. He was a pretty cool guy, had some nice transformation scenes, a lovely voice, fought and almost killed Bulkhead despite Tox-En and lava, beat the living shit out of Wheeljack and
    got owned by the Jackhammer

I'm fond of his TFP portrayal :) 

12. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest I thought the prime insecticons were kind of weird. Sucks that a character died but it happens.

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait- Hardshell is supposed to be an homage to Bombshell???? I *NEVER* would've gotten that. They're nothing alike aside from turning into insects.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I was rather disappointed. About the time one of the Decepticons becomes a threat or starts to become a character they either get killed off or they get moved to an almost background character as the production team hardly uses the character any more.

Considering Hardshell was tough enough to almost scrap Bulkhead for the little while it lasted it was nice to have a dangerous Decepticon again.

I know they want to make Megatron the big bad in this show, but I'd kind of like to see the Autobots in a little danger from Decepticon characters instead of scraping endless piles of Vehicons, Insecticons, or Knock Out running away every time his paint gets scratched.

15. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am also irritated that they killed off Hardshell. Poor guy. Instead of making me like Miko and Wheljack, I'm hoping the insecticons get them back for what they did. :mad 

As much as they want to make Miko and Wheeljack seem the hero in this episode, I did't really feel that way. They were soldiers that are meant to kill and be killed so I didn't feel much emphathy with their desire for revenge. In fact in some ways, I liked Hardshell more than them because bug did things for his fellow insecticons and his leader.

Is it true that Hardshell is actually Bombshell and they just named him Hardshell because they lost the copyright to the name?

16. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    yes, it's been like that for years. that's why in FoC theres a hardshell

17. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That makes me feel worse. More autobots must die! :mad 

18. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

I see where you're coming from but I feel like he got a pretty awesome death. Had Hardshell's death gone seemingly unacknowledged by Megatron (inasmuch as Breakdown's seems to have, along with several others I could mention) then I would be full on with you. However, that last scene where Megatron is demanding answers
    only to find that a human girl killed the strongest individual Insecticons,
    I feel that was a small forward nudging of the plot.

At this point in time, all three of the kids have had some sort of 'personal' run in with Megatron. Jack; having met Megs in the cave, Raf; nearly getting killed by Megs, and now Miko;
    responsible for actually killing a 'con
    . It makes me recall way back in the first few episodes (I think it was the second or third episode) where Soundwave snapped that photo of the three kids. I get the feeling something is coming into play. And with the news of
    Silas coming back
    , it feels like the whole matter of Human involvement will become more prominent. Some cool stuff's about to happen.

Personally, I'm excited.

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Hardshell was an absolute badass, nearly killing both Bulkhead and Wheeljack. The only one who's ever defeated Jackie was Soundwave, and even then that was a bit close..

I think I'm more upset at the loss of David Kaye than anything else; we need new veteran Transformers voices on the show (Corey Burton or GTFO) and it was great to have Kaye on board as Hardshell.

20. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Agreed. While I think
    Hardshell's death was kind of expected (and at the same time, a disappointment)
    , I think it serves a purpose and this cements the idea that Megatron will soon try to forge some sort of alliance with (evil) humans to the Decepticons' advantage, much like the Autbots did with their human allies (the kids and the US gov't). Enter
    Silas/Breakdown and MECH.
    Megatron has to swallow his pride and be more adaptable and maybe even adopt an Earth alt mode (along with siding with human lackeys) much like in DOTM, I believe.

As for Hardshell being a reimagining of Bombshell, I think that's a bit of a stretch. Hardshell is a unique character in the TFP universe with no ties at all to Bombshell. He seemed more like a savage version of Lugnut's character from TFA, to me, with how often he espouses his loyalty to Megatron (that and Hardshell's seeming newly aquired POKE aka punch of kill everything, in this ep XD).