Personal Dilema

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oddobot, Apr 22, 2009.

1. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I was going in, in '02 for those very same reasons but my Dad's passing away killed that in a heartbeat, I actually cried when I told my recuiter I couldn't go...I realized that if I did indeed go to Boot I'd be heading home to bury my Mother for abandoning her after my Dad. That was one of the suckiest days in my life I would have been done in Oct of '08.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Selling your games,TV and action figures is stupid. Unless you've got a home theater system and some mint Jumbo Machinders or something. Pawning your middle of the road TV and eBaying your TF Universe figs is going to do what,exactly? Let you keep the home 2 weeks longer?

3. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    ...Ok lesson learned. I'm not a wuss who sits here complaining "oh woe is me, my life sucks" my life doesn't suck, it's just hard for me like it is for millions of other people. I have no credit cards, so that isn't a factor for me. I got the house in the divorce, and have been trying to sell it ever since.A small town economy just doesn't work like most larger cities. I came on here, cause I view most of you guys like brothers and sisters. Things haven't came easy for me. I graduated high school, near the tops in my class, and I took 2 years of radio broadcasting programming, but had to leave early to help out with the family when my grandfather died. I'm not made of money, and i'm happy with that. I'm working this problem out to the best of my abilities. Thanks for all your input.

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree you need to sell the house and stop buying anything new. You may want to seek out an AM radio show called Dave Ramsey. He is a financial guy. You can call him on the show and get the financial advice from him. But he would most likely tell you to sell the house and find a small apartment. This will allow you to get more savings.

5. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    military is not for everyone.

6. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I'd just keep working with the bank/mortgage company on this issue. If the payments aren't getting posted then there's a problem with them. I'd also recommend finding someone, reputable, to talk to about what to do in this situation. I think you need it.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, that's exactly what it might do. And if that two weeks is the difference between getting ahead of your bills and foreclosure, then it's worth it. Sure, if you have no options on the horizon, I guess it's kinda pointless, but the idea is to buy yourself some breathing room to work out an alternative.

That's true. But it's at least at option available to most, and while it might not be ideal or every desirable for some folks, I have to believe it's preferable to foreclosure and potential homelessness.