Personal comment from a huge Transformers fan

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tareq.ammari, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tareq.ammari

tareq.ammari Member

For such a huge Transformers fan, I was really disappointed when I watched the movie. Comparing it to the old animated movie, or even the 1980's cartoon series, I found that it was a TOTAL failure! There are many questions I'd like to ask about the changes done, for instance, the old soundtrack "the Transformers.... more than meets the eye.... Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons.... the Transformers..... more than meets the eye..... the Transformers.... robots in disguise", why change it into a simple phrase in the movie "there is more to these robots than what meets the eye" when it amazingly scored such success in the old days. Furthermore, we used to see human interference occasionally in the old cartoon series, for example when Spike and his girlfriend heleped rescue the Autobots by making sure Dinobots came back from Cyberton with enough Cybertonium to revive the Autobots. However, in this movie, 95% of what you watch is about the humans with occasional robot appearance, what is so cool about that?! Moreover, the design of the robots is so detailed to the point of irritating complexity. Also, it was well known that human weapons did only little damage to Transformer systems, yet in this movie, the total opposite is shown. An example of which includes a hero on a motorbike with a grenade luancher completely deactivating a super-advanced decepticon. Ironically, instead of the robots using laser weapons, the humans, whom the audience is meant to think of as the less advanced species, used laser guidance in targeting decepticons for extra bombing accuracy. I felt like the characters were a product of mixing the characters from the first and second seasons with the characters of the Tranformers Armada. Personally, I found this product very shocking and unpleasing. Also, why change robot's transformations, names, as well as their personalities? let's take several examples:

1. What is with changing Bumblebee into the Camaro when the Volkswagen beetle Bumblebee used to transform to was parked RIGHT NEXT to it in the car dealer garage?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. We are all used to Megatron transforming into a gun, but in this movie, he transforms into some kind of fighter. Why was that done? I mean now what is so special in Megatron that cannot be found in Starscream, who also transforms into a fighter jet?

3. The usual conflict for leadership and power between treacherous Starscream and mighty Megatron was not illustrated at all.

4.We all know who devastator is, he is the giant robot whom all six constructicons (Scrapper, Mixmaster, Hook, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Long Haul) transform into. Why change that into the tank we saw, wouldn't that suit Brawl from the combaticon team or Blitzwing more?

5.We are all used to Ratchet as the Autobots' medic transforming into an ambulance vehicle. Why did he transform into a yellow Hummer H2 car with flahslights in this movie?

All in all, I find this movie a true threat to the genuine Transformer heritage we are all used to, and marks one big ugly point in the once spotless clean face of reputation the Transformers once beared.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If you were such a huge TF fan you would knwo the answers to these questions. please stop :horse: 

3. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    "However, in this movie, 95% of what you watch is about the humans with occasional robot appearance, what is so cool about that?!"

Man going through the movie again on youtube, its kind of more like 50-50, and the Autobots had so many awesome scenes that its clear who the movie is about.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    VERY well said. I was going to list the answers but 10 seconds with the search function will get you the same results.

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Well, tareq.ammari, I think I might have some of the answers you're looking for. I'm just tossing these out there, so I might be reading a bit too much into it, so bare with me please...

For questions 1-5: It isn't G1.

If you made an account just to post this thread, which judging by your post count, is what you did, you obviously didn't invest enough time in this movie to be aware this is NOT G1.

And as for the movie being "a true threat to the genuine Transformer heritage we are all used to, and marks one big ugly point in the once spotless clean face of reputation the Transformers once beared," While I think the 400+ million dollars of revenue speaks for itself, maybe you're related to a rich dude and that doesn't mean much to you.

For the last time, because no one sent you the memo, this is NOT supposed to be a movie based on the old Transformers of the '80's. How else can that be made abundantly clear?

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Well I suppose at least he didn't mention being a "true fan".

7. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

[​IMG]

8. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Wow where have you been for the last year or so, comments about alt modes came out as soon as the first images of the TFs were leaked.

9. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    We've got a live one folks!

Its his first post, probably just a normal poster who created a new account to try and stir up some trouble.

In before lock I say.

PS If you want a serious answer its because "Its not G1". It died with the 80s. Let it rest.

10. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh, sounds like a G1 purist. A big Transformer fan would judge it as new incarnation; if I want neo-G1, I'd read the IDW comics; but Dreamworks' Transformers is helluva lot better than the Unicron trilogy, as reboots go.

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.