Personal Canon

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by nobleboivin, May 23, 2012.

1. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When you guys write fanfics, make comics, or even play with transformers do you make up your own cannon or do you go by the current story line. Do you give them your own accents?

I prefer giving Prime Cliffjumper a norse accent. I don't know why but he reminds me of a viking.

When watching Transformers do you imagine a different voice to the transformer you are listening too like say instead of the voice for beast wars megatron you heard the voice actor for g1 megatron or even a different person. Just a curious thought.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I pretend Galvatron is a separate character from Megatron with his own team.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I think of Fall of Cybertron being connected to Prime.

4. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Man, I think I paired Drift up with a red Halo figure once. They went out and stopped drug deals.

5. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

Yes, along with the others. They are all separate.

Maybe, Starscream as a leader with his own team. :ev: 

6. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    I have since I started collecting. It began as using homages from the Unicron Trilogy to build my own G1, but has since become a monstrous thing that I base my fanfics on.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Personal canon? Yes, quite a few of them.

Different accents? No. If anything, it's quite the contrary as Prime always sounds like Cullen to me, Prowl as Bell, etc.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I have only a loose canon (lol) for my collection.

Basically it follows the events of the G1 cartoon and is somewhere around season 3. Megatron and Optimus have adopted cybertronian modes, because it is in the future and they are mostly on Cybertron or in space. Optimus and Rodimus are leaders of separate teams of Autobots and I think Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge are like their IDW counterparts. Because I don't like Galvatron's toy much, otherwise he would be the Decepticon leader, because I actually like Galvatron more than Megatron.

Thunderwing is either a normal Decepticon, or could be the IDW incarnation when together with Legends figures.

That's how I picture my Transformers when I look at them.

9. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

Yeah I have my own canon as I explained in another thread.

Call it Transformers conquest.

I take alot from IDW G1 Prime and other series and come up with my own ideas too.
    I imagine characters with voices from the cartoon so Welkers voice as Megatron and if they dont have a voice like Straxus or Skullgrin I make my own voice up for em.

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I consider the Dinobots as always being smart instead of the idiots shown in most TF series.

I consider both Prime and Megatron as head leaders of the factions. But have generals in other parts of the galaxy fighting and leading their own troops without hardly any contact by Prime or Megatron.

Arcee has always been black and blue, the pink and white one was a Decepticon spy built by Shockwave that malfuction and forgot about the true mission.

The Predacon faction broke apart following Beast Machines. Some united with the Maximals after being inspire by Dinobot in Optimus Primal's Beast Wars files. While others believe Megatron never did that and it was a Maximal experiment that went wrong and form the Cult of Megatron group.

Cheetor and Waspinator are now generals in the Cybertron army.

Silverbolt never became a bird in Beast Machines, he became a transorgainic wolf/eagle.

Rattrap never became cripple during Beast Machines, instead he replace Rhinox as the tech guy but still was the same fighter as back in Beast Wars.

Cybertron now has statues of Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, and Dinobot.

The Matrix was hidden during the rise of the Maximals and Predacons and watch over by selected former Autobots. Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime, Kup, and Grimlock each took up the task when the one before them joined the Allspark.

While Cybertron cut off ties with Earth, they still had a unit on the planet to watch over it just in case the Predacons would try something. Which would of been seven former Great War Autobots that became Maximals with vehicle modes.

Shockwave didn't die in the Unicron attack, he left the planet. He returned years after the events of Beast Machines and started up his own Neo Vehicon army to fight against the Maximals and Predacons in the Cybertron Army.

11. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    yeah sure.
    optimus prime is supreme commander and is the leader of the cybertronian alliance. scourge, override, wreckgar, ultra magnus, metroplex, fort Max, and starscream are all his lieutenants and each has a transformer home world they govern over. except metroplex while he does run giant planet, he is more so incharge of the built team whose goal.is to built a space bridge that connects the entire universe. rodimus prime explores and maps the universe. star scream leads the decepticons with a red faction symbol and his second is jetfire. the symbol is worn with pride as a reminder that they have a choice. they are a military police force. the red is respect for the autobots but still use the con symbol out of not only sentiment but also to change the meaning of it. galvatron leads a crew of all the decepticons who refused to accept peace and would not give up conquest. his. few consists of the greatest war criminals.

that's me personal Canon.

12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    It's a mixture of G1 toon and G1 Marvel comics with a bit of WFC mixed in. In my universe Megatron was not the first leader of the Decepticons.

13. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Check my signature for two fan fictions in my current series, and my other fan fictions to see what my personal canon is. :wink: 

14. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

I've said it in other threads, but here it is. Now with added details.
    Prologue; The Great War took place between the Autobots led by Ultra Magnus and Zeta Prime's loyalists over the caste system as well as other laws prohibiting freedom in place for greater security. Optimus was a historian who was technically neutral in the war until it came to him in full force. He then enlisted and was put in an unit trained by Ironhide. Megatron was a prisoner in Kaon for causing mining riots until Magnus broke him out in exchange for his help. (Kaon prison had arena battles between the prisoners for the influential's entertainment and Megatron was undefeated; hence why Magnus took notice). Zeta started out strong, but was slowly declining in power. To make one last desperate push, he made a deal with Straxxus' Decepticons. He'd give them a planet that was full of potential Energon (He'd even sent weapons and 'seekers' there to make conquest easier) if Straxxus would devote the Decepticons to stopping the Autobot revolutionaries. Unfortunately, Megatron took over the Decepticons, heard the deal, and assasinated Zeta. Optimus discovered Megatron's treachery of joining the Decepticons and Megatron hid. Without a leader, both Decepticon and loyalists were defeated in a victory march towards Iacon. Optimus was named the technically archaic name 'Prime' by Magnus, and sets out after Megatron once he finally resurfaces.
    Index of concepts
    Prime: Named after the myth of 'Primus', it was the title of the autocratic leader of Cybertron ever since Nova Prime created the Matrix and overthrew the Quintessons. Because of political overturn since the war, 'Prime' is no longer a political title and is instead the title of the primary peacekeeper. (Basically, what Fury is to SHIELD and the rest of the world; no official say in the government, but has tons of respect).
    Magnus: the title chosen by the Autobots for their leader as a sign of diference between them and the loyalists (He isn't "god-chosen" or all powerful, he's just a bot). Magnum was chosen for this role and is nicknamed 'Ultra Magnus' because of how he's basically named 'magnus' twice.
    Autobots: Name chosen for rebels of the original 'Prime' regime. They created the Autobot symbol in peaceful rebellion of the caste symbols. Even now, many still wear the Autobot symbol as a sign of the freedom they've achieved and the cost for it.
    Decepticon: Secret Society or Legion of Doom like group who originally wanted to overturn the government through terrorist acts so they may enact their own 'survival of the fittest' (and they used special experiments to make sure it was them) government. Some of them trace their ancestry to mutated transformers that ruled as surrogates during the Quintesson rule. They're angered that they were once worshipped for their power, and now they're treated as beasts.
    Terrorcon: Catch-all term for high risk criminals. (Basically, their most wanted list). All Decepticons are terrorcons (and wear the terrorcon symbol as a mark of pride) but not all terrorcons are Decepticons.
    Matrix: Crystal that was carved out of the Allspark and worn around the neck of Nova Prime. He used it to create the Supremes; simple minded behemoths who do as the Matrix-bearers asks. It also was used by Zeta as how he planned to awaken the seekers on earth.
    Seekers- loyalists and Decepticons sent to earth in stasis mode until awakened. Unfortunately, that plan fell through, but now Megatron has discovered them.
    Supreme- Matrix created collosus' who are very simple minded. The Primes used them to enforce their rule. There was one resting in each city state. One, Omega is completely unaccounted for.
    Energon- Like always, the fuel and lifeblood of the race. It isn't literally buried in the earth, but can be refined in a complicated process from oil and other carbon derivatives. Therefore, Earth is practically a goldmine.
    Protoform- blank slate usually young cybertronians. They usually slowly update themselves into they are in their own individual body, but can be gangmolded as well. All seekers were placed into protoform status for scanning in the stasis pods. Starscream finds seven and uploads his own body type thus creating physical clones who are mentally individuals.
    Main Characters (some of you may have seen these, but it wouldn't be complete without them. There might be changes because this isn't quoted and imagination marches on sometimes.)
    Optimus- Was a historian during the civil unrest before the Great War. Seeing the unfairness through his field, he wrote 'papers' (or whatever the cybertronian counterpart is) urging others to assert their freedom. In the war, he eventually rose through the ranks until he discovered Megatron's treachery which boosted his following even more. After the war, Magnus decided to make Optimus the first Prime of the new regime. He is in charge of keeping the peace and protecting Cybertron; his current mission to apprehend the returned Megatron from deep space. He is world weary, acts as though as he's seen it all, driven, and no nonsense. Sense of humor is dry, sarcastic, and often pessimistic. His primary weakness is that instead of sharing the load, he often puts it all on himself. Main weapons are ion emmiters which can create solid light in the shape of most melee weapons. Transforms into some sort of emergency vehicle, but I've changed my mind on the firetruck as I want him to be smaller than Ironhide. Any suggestions?
    Megatron- Was imprisoned in Kaon for raising riots and using bombings by Zeta. Released by Magnus, and he quickly rose like Optimus. Was also a member of the Decepticons in the shadows. Led the autobots to the Decepticon camp; where they captured leader Straxxus just so he could get rid of a competitor. Killed Zeta, thus ending his reign but not the war. The last- quarter or so of the war was fought between the Autobots and the Decepticons. Optimus discovered Megatron was the supposed new leader in Tyger Pax; one of the bloodiest battles in the war. No one knows exactly what happened there except for Sentinel and Optimus; and neither of them are talking. Megatron appears courteous and polite towards those who obey him, but those who won't find him manipulative, self serving, and savage. He is jettisoned from the Avalon in earth's atmosphere in the first 'episode'. Old body transforms into tanker truck; new body into pave low helicopter. Is a walking arsenal, but main weapon is fusion cannon; large gun that looks like a clamp or maw. When it opens, it charges for a while then releases a beam that disintegrates whatever it touches.
    Ironhide- Optimus' drill seargent from the war. Calls new recruits 'chromedomes' because they have shiny armor. Was gangmolded by Zeta as a 'defender of order'. (basically, he was literally born to fight). Eventually joins Magnus's Autobots. Since the war ended, he's become antsy; loving peace but bored because he has no one to fight. (I don't know if it's an archtype, but sort of based on my grandfather and I imagine other older people; he worked his whole life, is told he doesn't need to work, so he doesn't know what to do with the time). Jumps at the chance to join the Axalon and hunt down Megatron with Optimus. Has a cannon on each arm which he cherishes; left is named Pathfinder and is a mortar while the right is a gatling gun named Piecemaker. Has a large scar along his nonfunctional right eye. Transforms into bank transport truck.
    Bludgeon- Early life is a mystery. Is the eldest ranking Decepticon save for maybe Megatron; but follows dutifully because he isn't the leader type. Follows the Decepticon cause; not who's in charge. (When Straxxus was in charge, he'd defend him to the death. Megatron kills Straxxus, Bludgeon doesn't care and now is loyal to Megatron). Gave Ironhide the scar, and considers Ironhide 'the one that got away'. Has a strict sense of Decepticon honor, which means he considers it a disgrace that neither he nor Ironhide died in their fight. Itonhide blasted him with Piecemaker; thus tearing his face apart into a barely functional skeletal like state. Main weapon is a thermal blade with turret as hilt (it is heated so it cuts through metal like butter). Transforms into japanese tank. (I already had them as the oldest of each team, and gave them a rivalry because cowboys and samarai)
    Hotshot- Was designated (the stage of development where the protoform is replaced by an individual body and a name is given) after the main part of the great war. Was a pyrotechnician and engineer who loved hearing the war stories thus practically signed aboard the Axalon at lightspeed. Idolizes Optimus as a war hero, but Prime sees things differently. Hotshot isn't stupid by any means, but is very self confident and desires to prove himself to the rest of the crew. He's also rather impatient; something Ironhide and Arcee both wish to get out of him.. Main 'weapons' are actually his tools; plasma cutters. Transforms into muscle car.
    Starscream- At his heart, he’s a survivor. He’ll do and say anything if it will save his shell. He was protoform in dark mount who switched sides depending on who was winning. Straxxus took him in if he’d join the Decepticon order.. Was enjoying Megatron’s ‘destruction’, but fears Megatron after his return. Despite his narcissism, he honestly believes Megatron is mad, earth is a pointless cause, and Megatron no longer has his race in his best interest. Main weapons are null rays that nullify energy weapons and slow down mechs. Transforms into F-18.
    Red Alert- Was a dutiful soldier before the soldier for hire, lockdown, defeated her and tore off her left arm per M.O. and a medic on the other side repaired her. Seeing both sides had monsters and saints, she became disillusioned with war and took up medicine. She is cold and distant upon first impressions, but truly cares about her crew. She considers herself a technical pacifist; she only fights herself when lives are directly on the line. Her left arm was replaced with a swiss-army like multitool. Transforms into a search and rescue Ambulence.
    Flatline- Is the medic among the Decepticons. Considers Frankenstein like repairs to be works of art. Megatron uses ‘fixed by Flatline’ as punishment, but Flatline doesn’t get why. He honestly wonders why someone would want a normal face when they could have a large beartrap like maw capable of biting heads. Ironically, he himself is deformed by spark mutation; he has two vestigial arms and a hunched ‘spine’. His cackling laughter is said to frighten some of the other Decepticons; mainly Starscream. Main weapon is a circular saw. Transforms into Hearse.
    Wheeljack- Is the ship’s pilot and engineer. He often brags that he piloted the Wrecker’s ship, the Xanthium, but gets mad when people remind him that it crashed. He becomes frozen during fights, so he often stays aboard the Axalon making improvements. Science is like a hobby of his; he’s no Perceptor, but he get’s results when needed. He’s self serving and a survivalist, but still very loyal to the Autobots. Main weapons are a giant drill and two dynamo rods. Transforms into a utility truck.
    Fracture- Megatron’s bodyguard. Is deeply loyal to him because he saved her life once during the great war. She commands her own team of bodyguards who shadow Megatron. Is sad when Megatron is thought dead, taking her troop to go searching for any sign he might have survived. Is generally a bully, but actually likes organics (as pets, mind you) and is a well tempered bot towards those who have earned it. She won’t mind doubters like Dreadwing (but she will constantly try to convert you), but she can’t stand traitors and Autobots. Is armed with vibrational clubs. Transforms into monster truck.
    Arcee- Was rumored to be a thief in Praxxus before Prowl apprehended her and decided to take her in. Has since become an intelligence officer with specialty in known Decepticons. Optimus decided to use this specialty to help his crew; a job she takes with pride. On earth, she is the crew’s infiltrator. She is the member who follows orders and quotes protocol. She still has her thieving skillset, but uses them to good effect. Dislikes Hotshot because of his recklessness. Main weapon is a wrist mounted crossbow that launches capsules with a variety of effects. Transforms into crimson motorcycle.
    Soundwave- He’s Megatron’s specialist; in charge of espionage, interrogations, and dealing with traitors. He’s a fear manipulating sadist who’d rather break you mentally than actually fight you. He’s known to blackmail others for contacts. Controls the Laserbeak Armada Surveillance System; engineered winged cybertronian animals who transform into security cameras. Is loyal to Megatron, but fears being replaced. Can emit sound that is at high enough frequencies that it causes pain. Transforms into broadcasting van.
    Jetfire- First seeker awoken. He was a Decepticon who volunteered to join the rest of the Ark’s soldiers to wait until Straxxus called him. Despite being a Decepticon, he valued loyalty and loathes Megatron for subverting the Decepticons for his own agenda. He eventually joins the Autobots because “I serve Straxxus, and Megatron clearly never did”. Something was wrong with his stasis pod, so he aged poorly while the others were in perfect suspension. Took in Starscream in his younger days, and tried to teach him loyalty; he’s now disappointed in him. Main weapon is a claymore which doubles as a rocket launcher. Transforms into stealth bomber.
    Thunderwing- Megatron’s scientist and Allspark/ Matrix specialist. Is utterly obsessed with the Matrix and will do anything to get it. Doesn’t care about Decepticon cause or Megatron; just cares about the Matrix and his own experiments. Is still quite eccentric and able to get others to aid in him willingly. Soundwave believes that he has his own agenda and thus follows him particularly close. He finds one of his old weapons in a seeker’s stasis pod; the apex armor. Main weapon is two ‘lightning guns’ in his wings. (wings stick out of shoulders like shark fins and rotate upwards when in use). Transforms into drone plane; armor transforms into drone deploying plane.

15. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Several of mine I use for my fanfics.

16. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I take the parts of official canons I do like and disregard the parts I don't, and kinda shoehorn everything into one 'story.' i.e. I like the Quintesson origin and the 13 original TFs, but not Cybertron itself being a godly TF in it's own right, so in my personal canon Quints made the TF race, which united under certain 13 members and rebelled, and Primus is just some mythological "mother earth"-type deity.

Granted, it's usually "hey, this guy looks good next to these other guys, they can totally be a team!"

17. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My personal cannon is located between my legs!

WOOF!!!

*runs*

18. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

Yeah pretty much what I do as well... Though I HATE ROTF with a bloody passion, it makes for a great jumping off point for a personal cannon. I did change some aspects though...

Guess I should add mine:

"Due to the large number of disappearances of Decepticons (either offlined or MIA), Autobots from near and far land on Earth. After about a year and a half's time, about 25 are now on Earth. Though the large amounts of Autobots are nice, NEST leaders thought it wise to move to a larger base of operations. To give them time to construct one, the Autobots were given 'tours of duty' and stationed at various bases courtesy of the US Military. Each group has about 5-6 Autobots, with the largest group having about 9. Omitted from this rule are the Wreckers (no explanation needed)."