Person of Intest [TV series]

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Overlord Balder, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

[I searched, found no thread for it].
    So, anyone watching this series? It has Michael Emerson [from Lost] and Jim Caviezel [From Count of Monte Cristo].

It tells the story of "John Reese" [Caviezel], a fallen elite CIA Agent who was sinking in deppression as a beggar in the streets until the mysterious and rich-as-hell Mr.Finch [Emerson] found him, and hired him to help him.

Finch receives the CPF of people who are about to be involved in violent crimes [victim or criminal], and tries to stop it alongside his partner Mr.Reese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBfVndEtDyY

The show is written by Christopher Nolan's brother [I keep forgetting his name, but he's goddamn awesome].

It features some pretty interesting plots [Finch and Reese's backstories are epic], good Government conspiracies, amazing action, excellent writing and brillant acting.

2. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I flipping love this show. One of THE best shows on television IMO. And I believe it's Johnathan Nolan.

3. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a freaking awesome show. Ever episode is great and I htink one of my favorite parts is the hero of the show is human in the sense that he gets cuts, bruises, knocked unconcious etc. Too many shows now a days have the hero more super human and able to take a beating like a champ. Many times in PoI, the lead has had his ass kicked in terrible ways and it feels real.

4. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

When the first previews came out for the show and saw Jonathan Nolan, Emerson, and Caviezel involved, it definitely grabbed my interest. Wasn't let down by the premiere and the season so far. Took a little while for them to get the main plot and characters fleshed out but one of my favorite shows now. Rease is a bad-a$$ and Finch's character is really intriguing due to his mysterious backstory.

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Really enjoy this show. I only started to watch it because of Nolan's involvement and of Emerson's work on Lost and it's be a great show.

6. Overlord Balder

Watched the new episode ["Risk"], involving a banker.

I thought it was a good episode, specially the part involving the homeless people and Reese [also the banker's backstory].

I was a little confused by the entire WALL STREET CONSPIRACY thing, so many spins and turns, I'm with a headeache here :lol 

But the whole episode became ten times more awesome when the ending came
    Elias is one Magnificent Son of a Bitch, he planned everything on this episode, DAMN ELIAS. YOU SCARY.

7. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

Definitely wasn't expecting to see Elias in this episode. We'll probably see him in future episodes as someone who either triggers The Machine again or is part of another number that comes up.

8. Overlord Balder

From how the show is proceeding, it seems likely that Elias will be The Main Villain for the first season if not the entire show.

9. Overlord Balder

Watched the last few episodes.
    One was a pretty sweet one about a CPF of a baby girl, other was about an indetity thief, and the other was Elias one man-civil war on the system.

The first and the last deal with our 21Th century Moriarty, so I'll talk about them only: Elias stepped up his game, found his father, declared War on the entire mob family, the episode went full-blown The Dark Knight, with cars blowing up, assassinations, dirty cops and hitmen, Elias using his fullpower to destroy those who oppose him. His blitzkrieg.

And I must admit, it was awesome to see Finch and Reese try to react to the entire city going down on their heads as the mob bosses try to survive.

But in the end, it appears Elias was defeated for good, the HR doesn't support him anymore and Carter arrested him [in the sense of, he's now in a lonely cell], the mob families now hate him, his criminal empire has been dismantled. I doubt he'll become as powerful as he was.

We brought down the first Main Villain! HO-AH!

Now, it appears the Government is going to use its full force to bring Reese down, complete with FBI taskforce. I foresee Agent Snow taking the torch of show's main villain after this episode.

10. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Once the.show developed a larger plot than case of the week, I started enjoying it more. The only new drama I've watched this season. Of course, the others (Terra Nova, Memphis Beat) got canceled.

11. Overlord Balder

New episode.

Revealed a whole lot more about Reese's past, in fact, the episode brought up an extremely interesting theme: The age of Black-Ops teams, Cloak and Dagger Spies and that kind of thing, that era is reaching its end, Satelites and systems are relpacing the people who did this job. Interesting situation.

It appears I was mistaken, Elias perished, but instead of Mark Snow, The HR took his torch as the Main Villain from now on, they got the focus of "evil corp" in this episode, showing their M.O a bit more.

Even though Fusco just murdered one of the highest ranking ones to save Reese, quite a Heartwarming moment

Reese kicked ass, a crapload of Government Conspiracy arose.

By God, Snow surely likes pulling off an "You have outlived your usefuluness" on EVERYONE, he barely had spotlight and already did it to three different people: LSO, another CIA Agent, and in this episode? Reese outlived his usefulness in the past, as did his partner Stanton [ironically, Snow said Reese murdered her some episodes back, what an asshole]. He puts them to take out each other, but it turns out, both survived!

Seriously, Stanton appears, in the end of the episode, kills Snow's right-hand man, and then shoots Snow in the leg: "We need to talk". Freaking. Awesome.

12. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

Love this show!

13. Overlord Balder

Also watched the twentieth episode.
    Oh well people, this season is reaching its end, even though we have a conffirmed second season.

And boy, was this episode depressing.
    "When you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different. Someone better. When that person is taken from you, what do you become then?" Those were Reese's words in this episode, regarding his love Jessica.

We witnessed Reese deal with his grief over the loss of his identity and his love, quite a sad episode on its own, providing the final piece of Reese's backstory, and fulfilling his tragedy once and for all.

Poor Reese, once a happy man, now a Monster who fights other monsters.