Perplexed with empty hands.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DragoUnicron, May 19, 2006.

1. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

Well, I have just finished FF I and I am now out of games to play for my DS. I thought that I would come to the masses for ideas of things to do with my hands (lets keep it clean :D  ). In that light, I seek ideas of what game I should get as I have now exhausted my gameboy collection. I would love to get the new mario, but it is still expensive, and I need something that will last me a week and a half. Something with some meat behind it.

The games I have for Gameboy: MMBN, MMZ, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Golden Sun. For the DS I have Castlevania and MMBN 5. Any good ideas? Kind of want to get a DS game, but I really don't want anything like Phoenix Wright or Nintendogs or anything like that.

Please help!!

2. gil

gil Godmaster

Pick up one of the puzzle games. Tetris and Meteos kept me playing for weeks. Try Brain Age too. Sidoku (or whatever it's called) is well worth the $20.

As far as other games, Mario Kart is a must. And the Tony Hawk game is better then you think. And if you like the first person thing, Metroid should be good. I suck at that game though.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    new super mario bros.

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Which Game Boy Castlevania do you have? I reccoment Harmony, and Aria, and if you really like the series, Circle. The new Mario game really IS good, and it probably won't be going down any time soon.

If you're into challenging shooters (Gradius, Ikaruga style) Nanostray isn't too bad, and you can probably find it cheap. The new RE game for the DS just went down to 30 bucks too.

Unfortunately, a lot of the cheaper DS games are cheap for a reason.

5. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Well if you like MMBN try MMBN5 double team. You get both versions of BN5 on one cart and they're improved a bit with touch screen menus and better music using the superior sound hardware of the DS.

Edit: nevermind I reread and see you already have it.

then I second the puzzle games. Tetris DS for online competition, Meteos for pure puzzle joy, and Puyo Pop Fever for truely hardcore puzzlers.

6. RiceCrackaSTI

RiceCrackaSTI Well-Known Member

New Super Mario Bros. is the best so far, Metroid and Mario Kart DS are worth it alone for the WiFi, Advance Wars DS if you like turn based military games. All are worthy purchases easy, and if you don't like paying full price, trade in some of your older games.

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Don't forget Viewtiful Joe!

8. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

Not really interested in puzzle games at this stage in my life, maybe later. Is Mario 64 a good transition? I would have thought with the loss of the joystick that there would be some problems. I am thinking about metroid, metroid pinball, new mario, and mario kart as well. Thanks for all the ideas so far, and keep the suggestions flowing!

(P.S. Already have all the gameboy castlevanias and mmbn.)

9. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Mario 64 DS takes some getting used to in the control department, but it's not bad. You just have to remember to pick your thumb up if you don't want to move, basically.

New Super Mario Bros is short, but has quite a bit of replay if you want to unlock everything.