Permanent thin markers?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Have any of you guys found permanent ink VERY thin point markers? I want to do some panel lining on white, and I've found .005 black pens, but looking for gray. I don't want to drop $50.00 on a rapidograph, which I believe are fillable with any color ink...

Hoping a specialty store or someone online would have .005 or .01 grey pens.

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
  3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    hmm, close. I think it would need to be felt tip also, not ball point type, just saying...

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
  5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they have some decently priced rapidographs out there bro. Think I have seen them for as low as ten buck(usually around 15 more commonly). Then just go grab some Daler Rowney Acrylic Inks they have a cool grey one you could use.

6. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I've had luck with using gundam markers, but they don't last very long.

You could use the tried and true capillary action wash as well, which can sometimes be less work than markers.

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Not sure if they have gray or not, but I've used my Pigma Micron pens to panel line figures and Gundams in the past (most recently panel lined a Classics Jetfire, just haven't posted it up anywhere).

They seem to work pretty well, but they do seem to rub off some if you rub your fingers over it again and again. They definitely work for the panel lines and grooves that aren't touched.

8. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    These may or not be what you're looking for, but I have a couple of suggestions to provide myself.

A lot of artists use Copic markers, a notable one you may have heard of being Alex Milne. The company states they work on plastics, but I am not sure how quickly they will take to dry, or how quickly they will fade. There is a FAQ page on their website, if you'd like more information. http://copicmarker.com/

I also live very close to the mall here in Yokosuka, as well as two Toys 'R' Us' in Yokohama. I say this because if you want to use Gundam Markers, I can purchase quite a bit of them, in a very wide range of colors, for much cheaper than you'd be able to through an online retailer.

- Alty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.