Perhaps there will be a Gen Devastator, Saw this at Seibertron.com but pics sorry?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by jjd1981, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjd1981

jjd1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Over at Seibertron.com I noticed that they have a place holder in there toy galleries for a Generations Devastator Combiner Assortment. Do they know something we don't? Are they Speculating? Anyway I just thought I would pass this along. If this isn't news please go ahead and delete the thread, thanks!

Link: Generations Devastator Combiner Assortment - Transformers Toy Galleries

Edit: Sorry the title should read : but no pics sorry.

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I think Seibertron often gets it wrong. I'm sure TFW must have heard about it as well if it was true..so probably it isn't.

3. jjd1981

News Credits:
    Yeah I wasn't sure, especially since that comic with the battle in space set showed and was a sign of a gen warpath, so you never know. Just thought it was interesting that they had this up.

4. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be so awesome if true bad news for tfclub but good news for my wallet

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Doubtful, Devastator there looked pretty much like the G1 version, no obvious Generations-esque updates like with the others.

6. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i would say NO...since they have actually issued a classics devastator already.,,that horrible green themed repaint of the energon mold...

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I would also say no. If there is ever going to be a Generations Devastator then it is so far in the future as there to be no way of knowing about it at this moment in time save for pure speculation.
    You think Seibertron would include that listing and then not mention it at all in their news section?

8. jjd1981

News Credits:
    Honestly I didn't think about that, but if they were saving it for some big reveal maybe who knows. They do strange things sometime. Personally, this has always been my site of choice. I ran a search on google for classics devastator and that popped up. I thought it was something new so I would share it, as I had not seen anything about it before. The only reason I took it as something potential was the title with combiner assortment, it sounds legit to me.

9. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh when will we learn. ANYTHING is possible! I doubt Hasbro in the slightest. They have surprised me once or twice.

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Interesting. What would lead them to put that up, I don't know.

11. jjd1981

News Credits:
    Kaymac, I am glad you said what I said when I first came across it. Why? what is the purpose for this? I remember there was one time a few years ago when they had something like this up for an announced transformer, and we got it, so I don't know. I think it might have been for Hound? I don't remember though.

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Heh... one could hope, right?

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    This would play into a theory I had since the BiS comic came out. EVERY character that appears in the comic is getting a toy, and I mean EVERY.

People dismiss Devastator and the Dinobots because they are not drawn in Classics style, they are their G1 self. But what if getting a G1 accurate version IS the Classics version. They are Dinosaurs and Construction vehicles, no need to update any of them.

I think it would be funny if Hasbro has this under wraps and will reveal it when TFC is well into production on their version. This way TFC gets hit hard financially and Hasbro sinks a third party group. And this is Hasbro's way of combating 3rd party groups. Look how WreckGar sneaked up on us when FP was about to make one.

This is all wishful thinking though (except the sinking the 3rd party part, I support 3rd party products)

14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    First Wreck-Gar, Now Devastator, next I bet Springer will get a Gen toy to.

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't really see that happening. More likely, enough people would find some reason to hate a Hasbro Generations Devastator, no matter how well it was executed, that TFClub would still easily have a big market for theirs.

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

^ and what if the hasbro one doesn't sell at ALL and becomes a giant shelf warmer? hasbro wouldn't want to compete and possibly lose :lol 

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've got to admit that it is interesting that they would prepare a section like that when there hasn't been even a rumor anywhere else. Perhaps they have some inside source that no one else has.

Part of me is like no it's not going to happen it's all just wishful thinking. But then on the other hand Hasbro has been pulling out a lot of stuff people were not expecting lately. Perhaps Hasbro's plans for after Dark of the Moon are bigger than we expected to stay on top even after the film is over.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Tracks was in his G1 model too. Not that I think Hasbro is definitely going to make toys of all the characters in the comic, but I don't think we should discount it happening just because they look like their G1 models.

19. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally i wouldnt rule any of this out i think hasbro may be getting a little restless with some third party stuff as its like us fans saying oh hasbro will never make x toy when in fact hasbro has surprised us before with figures like straxus and thunderwing i dont think they are about to shut third party companies down but i think they have started making products we wouldnt expect perhaps they are telling 3rd party companies to be more niche in there aims than they are being right now

20. Blurrz

Blurrz cantkillprogress

News Credits:
    We're getting Devastator something this year but it's not exactly going to be new and it's not going to be from Hasbro. There is no entry in the database for "Generations Devastator", someone's just playing with the search bar, plus the subgroup ID is all wrong. If you're hoping for a modern Devastator, put some hope into Crossfire-03.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.