PerfectFusion Caesium (Masterpiece Slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 2, 2016.

1. 0ursisthefury

0ursisthefury Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just bought the X version of babadoo on eBay...wtf seriously. Will this come out in an X version? Do they plan on remaking the entire dinobot line? And most importantly...why

2. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have to disagree with them then. Scoria is not shit. He's perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned. I don't want or need a slightly taller version with different hips. I'm calling it a placeholder because that's what it has become for some of us. The people who wanted a fixed version that is. Why does it matter if it's the same company? Is it even the same company? Whatever, it's all good cause i ain't biting on this one

3. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well wait a minute - this is actually a new company called Perfect Fusion Toys! :)  We dont know what the heck is going on yet.

I'm not angry about this - why should I be, at face value it's just another choice. As somebody pointed out if I'm happy with Scoria and my Dibots, which I am, I can just keep them. But I can certainly see why some people will rage about the message this puts out from FT (assuming this is FT - maybe Dalianjj just got a new job? :) ).

This I'm not at all interested in, especially with it's overstylised aesthetics and my emotion is more baffled at why this exists than angry. I mean the MP dinobot market is so burnt out now and people either firmly with FT or Giga that surley very few are gonna buy this? Slag character completionists and, if this turns out to be a whole new set, people who've not gone for either FT or Giga yet mainly.

Remember Scoria won figure of the year! The vast majority are happy with him even though he has a few issues and FT have learnt a lot since making him. Very few people are clamouring for a new Slag! Certainly not, imho, one that doesn't fit with the rest of them aesthetically. This seems to be more a walk towards stylised, roided out Giga style than a walk more towards toon accuracy and the recent more toon biased official MPs. I just dont know who's gonna buy this and why the energy has been spent on it, but ah well!

Another point is maybe this new style direction explains a few of the stylised reinterpretations we see on Grinder - like they had this in mind with Grinder? Seems to fit in. The majority dont like those stylised features on Grinder.

4. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You can apply that rationale to anything, though. Why did I bother getting a PS3 when they made it redundant years later with the PS4? Why get a PS4 now when there's talk of a PS4.5? Why get that when there will be a PS5, anyway? In theory you could just never own anything ever because then you free yourself the risk of owning anything outdated. I've loved my Scoria for a year. I'll love him for years to come. New/other/alternative releases won't change that.

What does annoy me, however, is when folk who pre-order get something a bit dodge which is fixed in a later part of the same run - helloy KFC/XTB!

5. alogo

alogo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I will say one thing...

I hope that Dalianjj and FansToys have their priorities set straight. If Quakewave was not a success made by us then they wouldn't act as entitled, in general, as they do now.

Sure they have good products but that is beside the point. $200 per figure is nothing to sneeze at.

I hope they have a good explanation that clarifies the mess that has been created now.

Otherwise i have the means, and that means my wallet, to make a very clear statement as to my intentions going forward. And i think a lot of people, not all, will do the same. Not to say anything of the already announced products which we have no clear announcement as to what will happen to those.

6. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thats not really a good example. You know going in that technology will be replaced. Cars, gadgets etc. Figures, wives, kids, pets etc. are for life :lol  Im not mad at them for this at all. Just annoying that they seemed to have abandoned Skyfire. Every time they announce something since spotter and the insecticons (which i love and bought) i get my back up. Where the fuck is Skyfire?

7. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some quick comparisons :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

The issue is you know there will be a PS4, PS5 etc. When you buy a console you know you are getting something with a finite shelf life, but it still does what it set out to do. Maybe comparing a 3DS and a new 3DS fits in better with what you meant...

This is a company who is releasing a set of 5 dinobots, that is seemingly remaking them before number 4 of 5 is even out.

And with a cost of £150 for some releases, the cost of 5 Dinobots massively outweighs the cost of most things! £750 for a set of X Dinobots that suddenly gets a newer version which fixes any of the remaining issues is a massive deal.

But you are right in one way. If these companies actually did QC before a figure came out they wouldn't need to do this! If they knew they could/would do a more toy accurate version, why release the toy colour scheme? It is those ethics which make me annoyed!

More reason to forget 3rd party releases. I think I will conclude my purchases from FT once Forager and Stomp / Grimlock are released.

9. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    [​IMG]
    All three look gorgeous :lol  More power to those who wanna pick this up. Me, im focused like a laser beam. Just took my focasyn this morning

10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i might actually have to sell my scoria for this looking at these pics

11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    This is nothing like upgrading from a PS3 to a PS4. You know there's gonna be an upgrade in 7 years with a PlayStation, did you know your Scoria was gonna get upgraded in 2 years? If you did would you have bought it?

That's the issue here for me. Competition between companies on the same character isn't the same either no matter how much you dress it up. They haven't even finished the team yet and they're already upgrading the members. Where does this stop? This is numbered as the first release so who knows who'll get upgraded next.

I'm shocked ppl are ok with it and the double standards at play are surprising me for some reason.

12. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I totally accept the console comparison has some fundamental differences. On the other hand, you HAVE to upgrade your console at some point if you want to keep playing contemporary games. You DON'T HAVE to upgrade your Scoria as you'll by that point have a complete set of MP dinobots.

I'm waiting for someone to pile in accusing me of defending FT, but that's not what I'm aiming for. FT, MT, GP, TT - that's irrelevant. I guess I'm just trying to explain why this announcement, personally, hasn't irritated me a huge amount.

Far more interested in what PerfectFusion is. A new label? A breakaway company? An ill-times April fool?

13. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    maybe this is a side company different factory and they are just tackling slag first then onto other things non dinobot related , like it or not scoria is the only one that looks a tad out of place as it takes cue's from mp08 and doesn't really fit with their other dibots and there have been lot's of complaints about that so i can fully understand why they are doing this

14. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Im not shocked at all because people always want an upgrade and lots of people buy something hoping that takara will release the same character so they can sell the other version and replace it with official product. I can bet that they will redo Swoop next.

15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Unless it's KFC/xtb. A V2 is the devil spawn in that case.

@ Banjo. You're absolutely correct. Noone has to buy this but it's the precedent being set that's dangerous imo. Thankfully I'm coming to the end of my 3p buying days but I feel sorry for the early adopters laying down 100s of dollars only to have a better version from the same ppl pop up around the corner. It's a potential market killer as it's already a niche of a niche and if ppl stop buying to see what happens......

Ppl are already starting to do it with kfc/xtb, it'll happen with FT too.

16. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    yeah i buy stuff hoping takara will make one i can replace it with ...for example apollyon i would sell in a heart beat if takra reveal an improved v2 megatron

17. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

He looks pretty cool but... I just don't really get the point.

He's too much inline with FT dinos to attract people that aren't already big fans of the line.
    Scoria is one of the weaker Dibots, just from being the first designed, but I don't know if there's enough people that really would want to replace him?

Now all the FT fans are going to be wondering if they should buy Stomp, or wait for "PerfectFusion"s improved Stomp 2.0
    And all those that are keeping their Scoria are going to know they have the "old" version.

Maybe this is a budget option, akin to Quakeblast?

Seems like a late April Fools day joke gone bad.

18. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Im with you my brother, this precedent being set is dangerous. I also am nearing the end of the line. Today im wondering if i even want Grinder now that i have Reximus. 5 decepticons and 4 autobots after dinos and I'm off to finally fully enjoy what I've amassed. Fembots will be bought but they arent on the list

19. Bozo

Bozo Autobot Knight Corps

I am missing a MP slag in my collection (my favourite dino mode). The FT Scoria is too potatoe in Dino mode. The Giga one looks too steroids up. This Scoria 2 will be perfect and I will buy if it is coming out soon. I am a part of the market Scoria 2 is aimed at.

Happy days

20. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I do agree that if the anger at this sort of practice is widespread, then it could harm the 3P market. Asking folk to shell out £100+ is already a big ask. Add in a sprinkling of uncertainty about a 'better' version being around the corner and it's very conceivable that sales could fa..