PerfectFusion Caesium (Masterpiece Slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 2, 2016.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

MP-03 was replaced by MP-11 by Takara / Hasbro. MP-10 replaced MP-01 right after a re-release of MP-01 being the last. MP Rodimus just got a Hot Rod done, though MP-09 already had hot rod... Takara / Hasbro may do more, maybe even Grimlock.

Many Fans wanted a v2 Slag from FT, and I think FT is doing right by offering this choice to the members of the Dibot that was done first, at least for those who want it. And I have FT Scoria X and he is my favorite toy I have ever owned and will be keeping it. This new one really good too, and not too big like the GP one to go with my Dino X team, that is if they make an X version. I may just want this one regardless though, but will see once design has been finalized.

2. zgbsn721

zgbsn721 Well-Known Member

I think that is the name of the game at this point, for both TT and 3rd party. At least this is a whole new mold and not a minor retool or another repaint.

3. barok

barok Well-Known Member

This is either an A.P Rilfuls joke or it's a start a new different set of Dinos again. from EGM hahaha. If you are an old gamer fart like me, you know what I'm talking about.

4. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Fanstoys ZOMBIE 01

Well this is interesting-though doubt I'll part with my Scoria but who knows once the final render and prices are revealed. If someone would be willing to do a trade I might consider it- this update would really have to impress and someone would really want to have my existing bot. That would be the only motivation.

At the time of his reveal, I was thinking that Grinder's head did look slightly smoothed out in comparison to Sever and Scoria. I guess someone at FT felt the same and here we have an updated look. It would be nice if FT focused their resources on finishing previously revealed/hinted products before putting another Slag out there but I guess they know their target market better than myself.

I wonder if FT considered the potential negative of this teaser- as now it may actually discourage people from investing into Sever, Soar, and Stomp in fear that they would only be updated again in the too distant future- or maybe he was in a different time zone and this is indeed just a late April Fool's day post.

5. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    If this is legit, it's an easy pass for me. I love my Scoria. This looks like a mish-mash of Scoria and Grassor. Difficult to accurately judge from renders, but that said, I don't think it's better than Scoria or Grassor. But variety is good, for those who don't yet have a MP Slag...if this is legit.

6. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

I'm very surprised about this and even more about everyone's reactions.

Noone is upset that now they're apparently going to put out superior versions and we'll have to buy every one again (even before they finished releasing the first set and corrected Grinder)??

No me gusta. I was the first on the FT train, and now every time I look at Scoria, I'll know he isn't the best version available out there...Not all he can be. But at least he was pricey!

"The premium-priced Blu-Ray sold out. The Special Edition will feature the previously unreleased theatrical cut, extended version, and enhanced extended version with 12 hours of features, superior image and audio will be out next month. Same price."

Not only that, but what would it take to get FT to stop revealing new products and put out the ones they've teased over the years...Blaster, Omega Supreme, Skyfire?

7. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

Damn.
    You beat me by a few minutes.

I feel that this is exactly what this is. It's forced-wallet-sodomy to its most loyal customers.

8. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Nitro Zeus=GOAT

News Credits:
    What the?! This looks like a KO of FTs! Lol. It's funny seeing company try to best Fanstoys...

WAIT WHAT? THIS IS POSTED BY THE D MAN HIMSELF? HOLY CRAP! So......

9. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah... It's really amazing reading those ft fans comment. When other company doing something different you'll see comment like crap shit chugsterpiece not g1... When ft doing the same thing it'll be amazing kudos perfect...

Anyway looks like ft wasn't messing around when it comes to competition... This is without a doubt a retaliation to gp's grassor. Next I guess we'll be seeing quakewave 2.0 and sever 2.0. And when gp release gaudenter, soar 2.0

10. zgbsn721

zgbsn721 Well-Known Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gySZBuPp3yA

Sodommmmmmyyyyy! (It's a family guy clip btw)

11. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is screw you for Quakeblast. I'm all in.

12. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just don't get why this is happening. Seems Scoria would have taken most of the market for a MP Slag. Sure some might want to dump Scoria and go with this one but I can't see there being enough to justify it being produced.

BTW: The back of the legs look horrible with the dino tail being there.

13. motorthing

motorthing Polarised.

News Credits:
    What the hell?

Nice try though :lol 

14. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Fanstoys ZOMBIE 01

You do realize that those same people who post comments such as "crap shit chugsterpiece" have about the same level of impulse control with their posts, as they do their toy buying habits. I'd bet a few bucks that they rush out to buy what they protest to hate anyway. ;) 

As for your blanket statement about FT fans (which I did follow with one of my own- as no doubt someone is fixed to call me out on) I'm a huge FT fan- and this reveal has me scratching my head. There are plenty of critical FT who fans question and critique their design and practices, and offer up alternatives to how they do things.
    We're not all mindless drooling FT zombies as some finger pointers on this forum love to suggest as they frantically bang on their keyboards.

As for this 'perfect' edition of Scoria will most likely be a pass for me.

15. gilermo

gilermo Well-Known Member

Am I alone in this when I say I like this design a tad beter than Scoria? Definitely getting this....If it comes out.

16. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

Ahahah!

I can't believe it!

This is not V2 Scoria, it's V2 Quakeblast!

I mean, it's clearly a war between two companies. They're probably going to loose money just to win! 3? Why not 4 MP Slag? How can they find a market for all of them and variations?

But, unlike QB for 80 bucks, this Slag is against costumers... I mean, they should fight with a low price, not with better versions all over again. Nobody is thinking about our wallets???? :( 

After this, I don't know. Are you really gonna spend 200 for a MP Dino? There's plenty of them.

Not only Grassor, but also Stomp and Grinder are a bit screwed by this new Dino...
    And all customers are just... well...

17. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

This guy does look a tad bit better than Scoria but he still has the same issue imo. The dino head needs to have the ability to slide down or something in robot mode. He still looks too tall with all that sticking up when compared to the rest of the team. And if they are doing V2's now, how bout a V2 of Sludge with an actual G1 dino mode eh? ;) 

18. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Was thinking about calling 3P Masterpieces quits after the Dibots are complete, and this just seems to support the idea.

19. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

He looks like a more G1 toon accurate figure than any other version released so far...will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Noone is pissed off that their Scoria is now worthless and they have to spend out for a sixth Dinobot essentially?

I can understand why they did it but it doesn't sit right with me. If the same happens to Swoop.......