PerfectFusion Caesium (Masterpiece Slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Honestly, the difference in quality is negligible compared to the difference in AESTHETIC. Cesium is less detailed and more cartoony than the FansToys Dibots, and is also a bit too big in comparison. Like maybe 5% too big all around. It's most glaringly obvious with the head.

The only real quality issue that bothers me is the cheaper option they used for arm articulation only allows the arms to rotate forward and backwards and go up outward from the torso. The outward ratchet is actually in the torso instead of the arms. Most figures, that ratchet is actually in the arm, so if you rotate the arms forward you can use the 'outward' movement to spread their arms (like they're about to hug you); you can't do that on Cesium, but you CAN do it on all the actual Dibots. That's a pretty significant limitation to posing IMO.

IDK. I don't regret buying it, but if I'd gotten it instead of Scoria or sold Scoria off I think I would be far less happy. BUT... it's $60 cheaper than Scoria. I definitely don't think Scoria is worth a nearly 33% price increase over Cesium.

• Like Like x 1
  2. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

Not side to side, but in the previous page there are few comparison pics.

3. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't complete the dinobots without a shiny version of this guy. Release one this year please!

5. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Would probably help the picture if their mouths weren't open like they're in shock or really surprised or something.

"Me Slag no like that!"

"Me Slag think you full of Beryllium Bologna!"

:lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  6. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    B04C00BE-8F85-479B-8944-9EB428EB43C5.jpeg FA842874-3062-428C-AF0A-2AD8D33507EB.jpeg 3AB2DDC1-C49A-4ECE-86CF-130F81D24464.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. DanielTorres99

DanielTorres99 Well-Known Member

8. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Cesium is very noticeably smaller in length, width and height even with his legs outstretched. Maybe less so on a cellphone pic but its a pretty obvious difference in real life.

9. Robn

Robn Member

Does anyone have a Red Cesium face they're willing to sell? I've lost mine and really wanted to go with the full red look.

10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If no one has one, try sending a PM to @dalianjj from Fanstoys direct for one. I've gotten Cesium parts from him before.

11. Robn

Robn Member

Great, Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. DanielTorres99

DanielTorres99 Well-Known Member

okey guys so basically ive got a kind of crazy idea ... I like grassor, but my only real problem with him is his head. I think its a bit too big and that the sculpt could be better. Personally I love cesiums head sculp , I prefer the eye shape and how they are indented in the sculpt, whereas grassors are just really straight edges and barely indented into the sculpt.

so heres my crazy idea: what if i tried doing a head swap where cesiums head would be on grassors body ! ( I know i know, the gold chrome color wouldnt match, but honestly that wouldnt bother me at all) and i know cesiums head would be slightly smaller, but thats the point, plus i love how slag was sometimes drawn with a smaller dino head, which made his frills around it look bigger and more intimidating. like here for example:

View attachment 27937909
    let me know you guys thought !

13. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

Finally got this guy today. First impressions, I like it...a lot (insert Lloyd Christmas Gif here). I've now had all 3 MP scaled Slags and I'm pretty sure this is the one for me. Also, Slag is my favorite dino when it comes to looks. I love the wings in bot mode and the dino head/horns/frill sticking up in the back. All 3 MP options are actually very solid.

Why I'm sticking with Cesium:
    • Proportions are much better than Scoria. Grassor also has excellent proportions, but I couldn't stand the head sculpt or the tail kibble in bot mode.
    • Bot head sculpt is awesome. As good as Scoria for me, and so much better than Grassor
    • Love the toon-centric look
    • Posing is loads better than Grassor, but not quite as good as Scoria. Despite the shoulders and hips, Scoria could pull off some great looks. Again, Grassor's tail kibble in bot mode is just awful. You're really limited on poses. He does look bad-ass though...just not the kind of bad-ass I want for my MP dinos.
    There are a few things I'm not crazy about
    • The head could use paint. The matte red plastic is a bit cheap looking
    • The tail comes out of the calves in bot mode when posing a lot. Not a huge deal, but it would have been nice if it could tab in and still offer the same ankle tilt
    • The back pieces in bot modes seem very thin and may stress over time if you're not careful.
    All in all, I think this guy is pretty fantastic. I have Soar coming in a few days (again) and the new Toon OS Reximus Prime (had Grinder, didn't love it) on order. From there I'll most likely grab a Giga Metallic Graviter (the chrome red is too blingy and Stomp is too pricey) and think hard about which Snarl to go with (Guttur is being reissued). I don't necessarily need my dinos to all look uniform, so I'm going to go with the best options for me. That means a big-ass Grimlock and Sludge heading the group.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Finally got my Cesium yesterday. I like him overall but the back flap is a pain and mine had two fingers with pins not installed properly and one finger broke as soon as I touched it. I should be able to get a replacement hand but this is the third Fans Toys product I’ve had with broken fingers out of the box!

I also had missing parts on Grinder and my Soar came with two of the same arm! My retailer helped me out with all issues but I’m afraid to buy Fans Toys products now.

Having said all that it’s fantastic to finally have all 5 dinobots and they do look great together!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

You can write to FT or PM @dalianjj here if you need parts. QC issues happen. It's nothing to worry about.

16. Gene Hunt

Gene Hunt My reputation precedes me

Can we have confirmation from dalianjj that Caesium X is still happening?

17. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

I think it is. Only because my regular Cesium came with instructions for the X version. Not sure why they would print the instructions and not produce the bot...but you never know.

18. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Cool. Since you are getting Reximus, the tall Caesium will probably work out great for you. Another option is GP Grimlock when they get to it, might be nice, looks promissing anyways.

I really dont like the GP Swoop, not sure what they were thinking, doesnt look as bad ass as their original drawing at all.

I would say try out the GP Sludge, it looks like a bomb, and since you have Caesium, i think Sludge being taller than him is better. If i were to get only 1 GP figure, it would definitely be their Sludge. That said, i love my FT Stomp X, and if i had the space/money, would get the GP Chrome Sludge too for sure.

For Snarl, i personally prefer the FT. I mean fans complain about the headsculpt, but it looks miles better than the GP one, and the finish and ratchets/posability are much more enjoyable to handle. Transformation is not as fun though or as smouth as all the other FT dibots, that is a place where GP excelled on this figure specifically. That said, if you get the FT, he will be shorter than Caesium... Might not be a problem for some, but will definitely be for others (i prefer shorter Slag myself). Would that be enough to make me get the GP Snarl, absolutely NOT.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait what? Can we have a picture to confirm this?

20. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my Dino-dilemma! I've actually come to the exact same conclusions this morning. I already have Soar and Cesium and have decided on Sever as well. I'm OK with it being a little shorter than Cesium and I prefer it over GP Cuttur in all aspects. Unfortunately, Sever is pretty hard to come by these days. I'm kicking myself for selling my old one (and my other FT bots) when I jumped ship last year. I almost held onto just the dinobots and Phoenix...but ended up selling all of them at the very end.

GP's Grimlock looks really solid. I think it has the best proportions of the bunch and maybe it won't look as blingy as the other chrome versions due to having a gold chest instead of the red. I actually prefer the gray look of the metallic versions, but I'm afraid the more matte gold finish on Grimlock will look off. I've had MP-08 and it's a solid bot, but definitely a little dated. I thought I'd grab the new Reximus in the meantime to satisfy my Grimlock fix for a bit as Grinder is too pricey and I wasn't in love with it when I had it.

GP Sludge is a true beast. I'm this close to just ordering it from ShowZ, but I'm holding out a little hope that one of the major China ebay sellers may put it up soon for less (Baba or Netclow).

Here you go! I got this guy from TFSource.

IMG_4814.JPG IMG_4815.JPG IMG_4816.JPG

• Like Like x 2