PerfectFusion Caesium (Masterpiece Slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 2, 2016.

1. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Not the best pic by any stretch but my Dinobots are finally complete!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  2. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kinda pointless to debate the need/should regarding Tak doing a new Grimlock. If they wanted to pursue MP dinobots, there is no chance that they would continue with MP-08.

Because scale was not part of the equation until MP-10.

• Like Like x 1
  3. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    when mp08 made there was no direction regarding mp scale but now there is there is no way they would not go by their own scale chart as thats where the focus is now

• Like Like x 1
  4. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Beat me to it.

5. FoCsU

FoCsU Well-Known Member

Agreed. Got mine today from TFS-express and cant agree more.
    No QC issues on my copy, everything feels solid as it should (elbows are very snug) and the whole figure is just as I was hoping for.
    Not a "very good" like Grinder or Stomp, but very close. Glad I bought him :) 
    Cesium says Hi! on top of his box :) 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

You sound confused.

I doubt there's any point in correcting you because you sound very blinded to the obvious.

I would obviously agree that if they released MP Dinobots they would sell some. I just think people would come here and moan that they're not to scale and that MP-08 doesn't look anything like the cartoon or the G1 toy, but some sort of later figure mashup.

7. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    huh ?

8. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

So I’m going to be as candid as possible with regards to Cesium. Some background, I used to own the first run of Scoria but sold him for Cesium. I had quakewave but sold him for TT. I have many of FT’s figures, dibots, Willis, Sovereign, Phoenix, Bugs, and part A of Omega and consider them one of, if not, the best 3ps out there. Is Cesium perfect? No, but I do not have a MP that is perfect. The closest MP to perfect I own would be Stomp. As my copy does not suffer from loose wings and only semi loose wrists, I don’t see any serious QC issues on mine. Semi loose wrists don’t count as a QC issue to me cause it is either easily remedied or will be a non-issue since I rarely use the sword. I have only two gripes with Cesium. The first is the back panel that is made of a much more flexible(thinner) plastic. This may be deliberate so it can be jimmied into the correct position but I feel like I might break it. The second is the head in dino mode which is a little floppy/loose, and I mean A LITTLE, this is nitpicking on my part. I have not checked if this can be remedied by tightening a screw or maybe some future. Despite these flaws I think it is incredibly disingenuous to say Cesium is a bad figure or a QC mess. His issues are on par with the issues I have with Sever and Soar and nowhere near the issues I had with Scoria and some TT products. In terms of comparison to my other FT figures he is about in the middle. Not as good as a Grinder or Stomp but just as good if not better than a Sever or Soar. These are only my opinions so disagree if you want.

• Like Like x 7
  9. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Oh god, your display is much better than mine, nice dedicated shelf to only dinobots, and no other shenanigans, so they got proper space to have some good space in between each figure, which i wanted to do but alas, somehow fail because no room to display the rest of my MP collection. Very good job buddy, i love this kind of display the most!!! And damn, that is a neat posing for Sever and Soar.

Any chance, if you ever get time, to pose Scoria along with the rest, all in bot mode, just to show off the 6 member team. I am still considering it, just not sure how would look all together. Here is my current setup, and consideration was Caesium to the left of Stomp, and i think i will do bent knees like you have (i like the pose you gave him), or i may just skip him all together and save up for FT Hydra or PF Cyclonus.

MP pic.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  10. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure what you are questioning.

11. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting on my copy, but everything you just said sounds very reasonable. I feel like the hyperbole regarding whatever figure is being discussed is getting out of control.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Thanks for the kind words man, I like your set up too, good use of symmetry! I can relate to space issues, I do prefer having some spacing around each figure. At 100$ + a pop I think each should be seen well.

• Like Like x 3
  13. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

I'm running into space issues myself. I display my bots in my office, which also has my workstation, weights/bench and now a sim racing rig I just built. My main G1 shelf is now three bots deep and I have my MP IDW bots on my desk :/ but I have an open shelf ready for Ceasium!!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Gonna need to expand in to another room soon :p 

• Like Like x 1
  15. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree 100% regarding spacing. Naturally this will be subjective based on personal taste, but a well spaced out collection always looks better to me. I always kind of cringe when I see collections of crammed overflowing shelves, it's like a jumbled mess of tangled robots. No offense meant to those who have those type of collections, I know some actually prefer that. Hell, I used to have a collection like that. Much happier now that I sold everything except MP G1 and can display everything in four Detolfs.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  16. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Mines ready to be shipped, just waiting for a few more items to drop before I hit ship. Can't wait to get this guy in hand. :) 

17. OstOgBajer

We're planning on moving soon, and I'll be prioritizing houses with larger/more rooms. I wonder how long it will take until my husband finds out that one of my house hunting criteria revolves around displaying my robuts ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  18. OstOgBajer

Bleh... Yeah... I'm waiting for FT Kup or Springer so I can ship this guy. Damn waiting!

19. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Except that there is a chance. I admit it's unlikely, but to say it won't happen is nonsense because unless you work on the team responsible for this stuff, you can't say for sure.
    Yes but the question is if they care enough to remake a figure which is already decent enough.
    After all, it's not like the Masterpiece figures after MP-10 have all been perfectly in-scale. Just look at Bumblebee with Optimus or any others in-between. They don't line up perfectly. Grimlock only needs to be a head or two taller - they'd have to consider whether or not it's worth making an entirely new mould just for that height difference and the potentially minor refinements. Which, again, isn't to say they won't do it. I personally think they will. But that's not the point I'm trying to make.

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HA!

My wife and I are doing the same thing in a couple of years, looking for a house with an extra room to put our stuff in. :lol 

• Like Like x 1