Perfect Transformation Powerglide Update

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Ricochet, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Oh good god.

He has the frikkin' led heart.

We're all doomed.

2. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    It's perfect because he has his disturbing mechanical heart from The Girl Who Loved Powerglide. It doesn't get more 'perfect' than that. ¬_¬

3. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    Classics would be a better line with basics...

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

seriously, if by perfect means as cartoon accurate as possible with number of parts that defy feasibility of mass produced counterpart, its as perfect as can get.

the only way for anyone to credibly deny it would mean to produce a better version, and looking at jizai's impressive folio, highly unlikely, if not impossible.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

His stuff is more cartoon accurate than anything Takara has ever made, they really need to hire this guy. I would buy all of his stuff if it was available at retail.

No offense to the designers of the new Universe 2.0 Classics, but his Octane is actually better then theirs.

6. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

I was wondering when someone would notice that.

Frankly I'm impressed that he managed to make the robot mode look almost EXACTLY like the toon charachter model. The A-10 suffers a little bit for it but compaired to the original which didn't look much like an A-10 either. It's impressive as hell.

Little details abound:

The heart in the chest
    The back half of the canopy folds into the inside of the chest
    The way the tail fins fold up to form feet (that's more engineering than a whole pack of minicons right there)
    The "crotch" detail that harkens back to a mere sticker on the original.
    The engine nacelles fold up into the shins.
    The fact that it's fully articulated.

People complain about cost, but with large scale mfg resources this could be brought down to a much lower tooling cost. Think about it, part of the way Hasbro recoups their losses in engineering, and keep the retail price low, is to have multiple repaints. For a unique charachter (no repaints) with this level of complexity, $40 per is not unreasonable. And that's at Hasbro level output.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    we gotts give credit to takaras engineering staff. remember that guy who did the classics, with the butterflyformer in his folio?

im sure haskara has guys as talented as jizai. only reason we dont get stuff as good is because limits to production methods. theyve got bean counters who impose stuff like part counts, number of paint app details, not to mention drop test, choking hazard and other regulations.

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I should have been more specific, I'm not downing Takara or Hasbro in anyway, I'm just saying this guys stuff is is better than many of the toys released at mass retail (with the exception of Alternators and Masterpiece, and a few of the movie toys).

They complexity would probably make them more expensive than regular TFs, but I'd pay it for toys this good.

Realistically though, there is probably not a big enough market for stuff like this. :( 

9. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    i like this one so much more than the roided up starscream decoed Universe one. "Realism is the theme of Universe" my ass.

10. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the Wheelie. It is a bitch to put together, but well worth it. I love this Powerglide, and I cannot wait for Octane.

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Would love this Powerglide, but not at that price, unfortunately.

12. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    This guy is giving Transformers toys lessons for Takara and Hasbro. Now they just need to learn with him.

13. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're amazing - all of them - but Powerglide in particular is just brilliant. Not only a perfect translation from cartoon to toy, but a VERY nice touch with the open chest cavity to store his gun. I would gladly take this Powerglide over the Universe version since it... well... actually looks like Powerglide. Plus the proportions on this one are way more accurate than the kibble ridden Universe version with its stumpy legs & wonky positioned shoulders/arms.

If these things came pre-assembled and had slightly better paint applications, I'd buy them without a second thought regardless of the high prices since I think they fit the Classics aesthetic to a tee.

14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well, in vehicle mode apart from the panellines it's a dead ringer for the show and the robot mode is spot on show accurate.

it might be something to do with that.

fwiw i prefer this smaller version, not really into anything bigger than voyager at the moment, plus i would of liked the universe version more if he was red.

15. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Wow. Not one of my favorite characters, but that thing is nice.

16. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    So did anyone go and pick up a few? I would pay a extra for the effort of course. I gotta get em all!!!!

17. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    I meant... I love this guy's work... but we have yet to tell how the playability and durability of this kit indeed... Anyway... by making only that few dozens of the kits available... It is a nightmare for fans who can only afford a mass production kind of products... Just so sad... I am not gonna to find the kits online at all... insane price even if I could find it.

18. TinManA.H.

TinManA.H. Artificial Hero

Ok gang, I've asked this before when these pop up. Where do you order them? Or are they just at the Wonderfest thing? Thanks for ANY info!

19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wow. Wheelie is great, but the character isn't crucial for me. And Cyclonus wasn't that much of an improvement over the original. But this guy--wow. Shame there won't be more for the fandom.
    Wonderfest exclusives--they'll show up on eBay later for crazy prices, though.