Perfect Rivals?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    So the new Universe Target Exclusive Comic Book 2 Packs (that's a mouthful) come out November and I can't wait.

We've got Springer matched up with Ratbat and Roadbuster matched up with Dirge. Since I'm really looking forward to building up my Wrecker and Ultracon collection I have started to look for certain figs that I can match up as rivals.

One of my most recent figs that I added to my collection was Allspark Big Daddy, I renamed him Burnout and he's in my Classics Wreckers collection. For the life of me I couldn't come up with a rival for him until after looking through pics of other figs from Cybertron. He finally has a rival who I just ordered.

Here's his rival:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't know why but he just looks like he makes the PERFECT rival for Big Daddy/Burnout. I imagine Burnout as a smart talking Autobot and Cannonball just gives me the image of a trash talking Decepticon so it just seems like they'd be at each others throats all the time, constantly trading insults as well as blows. I can just imagine a comic panel with them racing along side each other trading insults back and forth.

Anyone else think these guys make perfect rivals?

2. Rhask

Rhask Member

I would agree, I amazed we never saw a hot rod/starscream set for classics 1.

3. nintendofreakgc

nintendofreakgc Bumblebee fan

Actually, we did - it was one of the 2-packs of Deluxe figures that they released (the other being Bumblebee and Astrotrain). I'd never really gotten why they put those two together (other than them both being, as far as I know, from the first wave of Classics), but I can sort of see why now - their personalities could rub against each other for some snappy dialogue.

4. Rhask

Rhask Member

Dang never knew, was it an exclusive?