Perfect Michael Bay replacement.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Grandum, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just found the perfect replacement for Michael Bay, should he ever quit the franchise - tarsem singh. A couple of days ago I watched Immortals, and it had that same feel as Bayformers, it had the same quality script, the same kind of characterization and the same kind of action scenes. It felt like the only difference was the time period and setting...EXTREMELY Baylike.

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

If you want someone exactly like Bay, then why not just keep Bay..? :crazy: 

3. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

This . :crazy: 

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Based on his previous posts on the subject and his sig, I'm pretty sure the entire post was sarcasm/trolling. 'Quality script'? When has that ever been used with a straight face? 'Characterization'? Also a hot button.

Nothing to see here.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I love it when entire threads are created purely for the purposes of trolling. Quick, someone get on the hotline to CTU!

[​IMG]

"This is Bauer at the Counter Trolling Unit!"

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Plenty of Bay clones out there so perhaps there needs to be one topic with all the clones instead of having to do an individual topic for each clone.

7. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I don't see a Problem? with OP's post.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

He's basically saying that because someone or something is shit then it would make a good replacement for Bay.

9. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I just watched the Immortals and enjoyed most of it. The ending, though...
    Why didn't Zeus just pull those chains and bring the mountains down on the titans right away instead of fighting them? They could have all bolted out of there like he ended up doing and none of the gods would have gotten hurt.
    In fact, they could have just let Hyperion get the bow right away so he could release the titans sooner. Then the gods wouldn't have been held away by their law and they could have smashed the titans earlier. Would have saved many human lives by avoiding the extra fighting...

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If it was just crap to get you on the replacement list then you could put down Uwe Boll or any director who made a film for Platinum Dunes. I think for the Bay replacement list you have to have big action and cinematography as the only things going for your films.

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Thing is, I like Bay and I really enjoy all three of the live action TF movies. I personally would prefer to keep him as director for any future films in the series, but I totally get that other people are not fans of his work. It's just the way the haters go about their business that irks me sometimes. I respect that other people have a different opinion to me, but I don't try and shit on everything they like just because I don't like it myself.
    This is a big enough franchise with enough media for everyone to find their own thing and enjoy it and just stay out of each others way. Or so you would think...

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Do people realize that other directors are now aping Bay's style since his Transformers films have been successful and profitable, that this has been happening for quite some time, and that it's an act that has a long history in cinema?

Is this a thing that people are aware of when they make threads like this?

13. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You mean like this?

14. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not just since TFs. Director's have been mimicking Bays' style since Bad Boys...hell since his commercial days. It wouldn't surprise me if many a roundtable at a movie studio starts out with something like this:

'We can't afford Michael Bay so who else directs and shoots like he does?'

15. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I've been seeing ads for a movie called "Battleship" that looks and sounds supiciously like Transformers.

16. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Agreed. I didn't care for TF Animated all that much, for example, but I don't go around hammering on it all the time like many Bay haters do. It gets annoying...

17. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i love bay 's dotm movie and wheelie rid big mastiff dog as horse

18. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

I'm going to be laughing if this guy gets Reported

19. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I have three choices for TF4's director:
    1. Justin Lin- Fast Five was a terrific movie with awesome car chase scenes. He was slated to direct Terminator 5. Put the two together and you have a Transformers movie. I think he would do an excellent job. Even in all the mindless action scenes in Fast Five, he still made you care about the characters.
    2. David Yates- I think he would be a good choice. He would probably give us a good plot and characters. He's probably looking for a new major franchise right now since Harry Potter is done, so why not go for the second highest grossing movie of 2011.
    3. Louis Leterrier- He knows how to direct special effects fight scenes unlike any other. The only thing is, he doesn't put very much emphasis on plot. However, that could change for a movie as big as this. If you combine some of his movies, it's almost like Transformers. Just watch The Incredible Hulk, The Transporter 2, and Clash of the Titans back to back and you can see how he would do if he had the right script.

20. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    Two(or maybe all)of those three things you mentioned are the things people want to stay away from when it comes to TF movies.