Perfect Grade Gundam Zeta

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by megatroptimus, Jun 13, 2007.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I'm getting one that's already all assembled. What should I expect from that toy? Poseability, transformation, gimmicks, accessories?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Zeta Gundam (not gundam zeta) is awesome. really nice transformation, excellent posability, and a pretty good arsenal. he does have some balance issue because of the huge wings on his back though, getting him to stand up straight is a pain in the ass.

he's my favorite PG kit so far.

head to dalong.net, hit the review, and take in his awesomeness.

3. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    First off, it's NO toy!

I've built two of these things... expect VERY limited poseability as the shoulders are too weak for the weight of the arms. Transformation is fun, but be GENTLE. Again, this is no toy, it's a model and the plastic isn't meant to be handled roughly like a Transformer. However, once transformed into wave rider mode (that's the fighter mode), it has plenty of locks and braces to keep it solid. In robot mode, it's back heavy, so best to pose it where the weight is distributed evenly. Make sure the feet have something to grip to. A glass table or polished wooden furnature will make it slip like Bambi on ice. Besides transforming, other gimmicks include grenade launchers in the wrists, beam sabers stored in the hip armor as well as a light up beam saber that's all one peice. It kinda sucks though. Also, certain armor sections can be removed or folded away to reveal the inner frame details.

Accessories include a large beam rifle, two beam sabers, one light up beam saber, it's shield, and two grenade magazines that connect to the forearms.

Again, I STRESS this is NOT a toy and should not be treated as one.

4. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Well, I call Ideon a toy even if it's not. Words are only that, words. :) 

Sounds promising. Guy said all lights work but the ones on the wing tips. Dunno if it's fixable?

I already have the Master Grade Zeta Gundam, so I guess I should expect something similar except bigger and more detailed...

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I dont have that problem.

6. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    OMG, I just saw the pics... that thing is massive! I thought the MG was already quite big... PG is totally dwarfing it! And it looks beautiful. Shit, I can't wait now! I think I will only need the smaller kit(s?) and I should be done with the transforming Zetas I wanted.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  8. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Just wow. I think I got a good deal ($120 shipped). MISB kits are like $160 plus shipping on Ebay. Another guy on robot-japan was asking me something like $250 shipped for one. But given the price of the kit and all the hours he had to put in, I think it was almost worth it.

How long did it take you to build? Call me lazy, but I knew from the start that if I was to buy one, it would have to be fully assembled because I don't think I have the skills or the patience to build such a complex figure, especially with all the electronics. Assembling MG was fun but pretty painful at the same time. :) 

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    taking my full-time job into account, the PG Zeta was a two week project.

building PGs gets really repetitive when doing arms and legs. you'll go out of your mind if building both arms or legs in a row. assembling that many parts in the same exact way for that long is just maddening.

its not harder than a MG, just takes longer.