Perfect Effect PE-DX09 Mega Doragon (TM2 Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Knightsword, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

So, some news, I was finally able to get in touch with Orson at CP directly, and unfortunately, he still had not heard back from his distributors on Doragon one way or another. Kinda sad, but I requested a refund as a store credit so I could still keep doing business with them. I went ahead and placed the replacement order with The Chosen Prime. Not crazy about paying $35USD more, but I've pretty much resolved I'm getting this guy one way or another.

2. Aldolotron

Aldolotron Well-Known Member

IMG_20181211_143222.jpg
    I'd love to get all beast wars transformers in this Style. In the meantime, DX9's Ancestrod is next on the list if he's not sold out already.

• Like Like x 14
  3. Shiftimus Prime

Shiftimus Prime Toy Dude

I did, I spoke with Orson today and he told me the same thing that Sanity Bleeds was told. I requested a refund and he was completely understanding. This situation just sucks and while they have my sympathy for having to disappoint so many customers, I cannot excuse being ghosted for weeks.

I also managed to grab one of those preorders from The Chosen Prime. I hate that after being so excited this piece, my only feeling now that it is just a week or so away from my grasp is that of frustration. I can't really blame Captured Prey entirely but I'm mad that my excitement was stolen from me.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  4. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Ah, you must have been the other Michigan guy he was confusing me with. Yeah, unfortunate situation either way. Hopefully the majority of positive reactions to the figure will carry over to everyone else when they finally get him. Personally, I don't plan to give up on ordering from Captured Prey over this, but as I've stated before, I'm probably not going to be doing a lot of pre-orders from them for awhile.

5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    That's crazy that he still has no idea. He's basically borrowing money from us for the entire year.

6. Boi Toi Bot

Boi Toi Bot Well-Known Member

Yea... the least he/they could have done is answered there customers questions. Or at the very least, given them some simple updates on the situation. It's not that difficult to do so.... but I guess it's easier when they already have your money.

7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Are you still waiting or gonna be cancelling as well?

8. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I just got this. Does anyone know a good way to put the tail back in place? I wish they didn't put it separate from the figure since is really hard to make the balljoint fit.

9. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great pic! Aside from really liking the aesthetic style of Mega Dragon, I also feel that he would go great standing next to Generation Toy's GT-10 Gorilla. GT-10 seems to have the right height compared to Mega Dragon, too. While I do like the way PE's Gorirra looks, I kind of like GT's Gorilla better. Blasphemy! I know. But that's what I've been telling myself to avoid dropping another $180 on a PE release.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. fansince84

fansince84 Well-Known Member

Add me to the list of: Demanded a refund from Captured Prey last week, they FINALLY responded today, had to pay more to buy the figure at the Chosen Prime. Glad this will arrive before Christmas but the days of me preordering a product from a company that instantly takes the money is over!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory

News Credits:
    This picture is amazing, I've never asked but always secretly wanted it since I've considered picking them up and wondered how they would scale. Thanks!

12. Boi Toi Bot

Boi Toi Bot Well-Known Member

I actually received mine long ago, when they first shipped them out. I just felt bad for the people who couldn't get him.
    If you want to see my pics of him, its on page 123 (initial wallpaper pics), 137 (with toothbrush attachment), and 141 (riding dragonstorm).

Also for anybody just getting him, I have a crappy video and picture that crappily explains how to pop in his booty onto his head on page 141 and 142.
    And another video showing the movement of his foot & heel on page 147, (no you wont break his feet, its just a very stiff part) but once you do, posing him will be much more easier and fun!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With some Reprolabel faction stickers.

20181211_230250_01.jpg 20181211_214158_01.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So just to be safe before I lock in buying this what other QC issues were there aside from the tail being too hard to attach on some copies. I heard something about the wings but dont remember what.

15. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    And he's finally here! Yesssss!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People were concerned about having the wrong wings due to screwhole placement, but the pieces are just cloned, not mirrored. I don't think there was any actual flaw with the wings.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Out of curiosity, how did you get in contact with Orson?

18. Shiftimus Prime

Shiftimus Prime Toy Dude

Through phone. I called him a number of times and left voicemails each time. Then he called me back on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
  19. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

TfSource got a very small shipment today. Glad I was able to purchase one.

20. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fully committed to this one and it's on its way to me. He's so pretty I could not help myself. I just hope I will like him and not be a let-down.

• Like Like x 1