Perfect Effect shipping dates????

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by SpectorDave, Apr 7, 2011.

1. SpectorDave

SpectorDave Wrecker

Anyone have any idea of the shipping dates for perfect effect reflector?

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Yes. Before the end of the year.

3. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    BBTS says early April.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I have learned about BBTS preorders. Add a month AT LEAST. If it says Q1, expect it late Q2.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    BBTS don't control that date. The reason why they say Q1, or Q2, its what they were told and it is an estimate.

6. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, it depends how you look at it. BBTS does what is beneficial to them. Look at the Warpath cases.

If you ordered a case of 8, you were screwed. Your 8 pack case was opened and used to fill shipments for those who bought the 3 pack and the single pack for warpath. In most case people who ordered the 8 case first got screwed for people who ordered way after that point.

My March order delivery for that case is pushed to April, but I know they had the case, or others would have not gotten the warpath.

Let's not even mention the stuff they just leave on their site forever just constantly moving the expected date. At least TFSource mentions that something is suspended indefinitely. (Looking at the Prime Trailers on this one).

Or let's look at the Gear of War set that was supposed to come in Q1, that is now sold out, but I ordered 4+ months ago and still have no hope of seeing it any time soon. If your not sure, put it down, time frame unknown, instead of saying March or Q1.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I am curious: how are you certain about how the warpath cases are filled? We have very lackluster information. You can say that cases of 8 are filled last, but what is that based on? its possible that most people who ordered the case of 8 was after the orders of individuals, or case of 3. (and looking at the threads in the last couple of months, this may very well hold true). So I am wondering where did you get this information?

As for whether they put down timeframe unknown or a guesstimate, that's a business decision. One isn't better than another, because if they put down "time frame unknown", they would have gotten complaints, maybe not from you, but certainly from other members who prefers it this way.

I ordered my warpath case RIGHT WHEN BBTS put the preorders up. Its been sitting at my PoL for 2 weeks now at least. I also ordered the gears of war set (TFC004 and 005). I ordered 004 July of last year. and it was added to my PoL in Sep, its not too bad. 005 they are waiting for. I don't know what's taking so long.

From dealing with them in the past 2-3 years, I can see that there are some toys that they are more accurate on in stocking and release, while others have more.... out-of-control updates. I would dare say partially it is because it is overseas release. The company can also be at fault (designer company).

An infamous example is Blizzard. They are an amazing game company, but hey, when they first put out a release date on any of their stuff, its usually +/- 1-2 years.

Also for reference, you don't need to order from BBTS if your schedule is very time sensitive. You can get it from Robot Kingdom or other sites that get it faster. I use BBTS when it is cheaper overall (including shipping), simply that ^^;

8. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    My single Warpath order got pushed to an April release.

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken Well-Known Member

Where is the proof of this happening? I have yet to see a definitive case noted.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, I did a thread a while ago and most of the shipments were of the 1 or 3 pack. There were a couple of 8 cases that were sent, but a couple of the people said that they made a mistake on the vote as they ordered the 8 pack, but it didn't actually ship.

The question I have for you is, how do you think the cases come in? They come in 8 packs from Hasbro. They even say that you are getting a sealed case from Hasbro so they cannot tell you the quality of the figures inside the sealed case.

So how would they fill the 1 or 3 packs without opening a sealed 8 pack case? They would have to open it to fill your order. No other way. Plus keep in mind that the 1 pack is the most profitable followed by the 3 pack, then the 8 pack.

11. UltraMarknus

UltraMarknus Well-Known Member

On topic: Robot Kingdom has it as "around" April 20

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Have you considered the possibility that upon the posting of the preorder, its possible that most people ordered singles and packs of 3's? Its possible that at the later dates, when people find other members have similar interests, to start ordering 8 packs.

To actually provide evidence for your statement, I would dare say what's necessary is a thread of people stating not only WHAT they ordered (1, 3, 8 pack), and WHEN they did the order.

I Just don't think it is fair to go on pure conjecture, to accuse BBTS like that. Personally, I would prefer to see some of the supporting evidence.

13. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even if they do arrive in the 8 pack cases, aren't you forgetting that BBTS, as a private entity, has EVERY right to decide how they fill their orders? They are under no obligation to do a "priority" list for those who ordered the 8-pack before the individual ones, and vice versa. If memory serves, they opened pre-orders for the Warpath 1 and 3 cases first, which they would then be filling them in the order receives. Yeah, they charge more for them, but they also more than make up for it by offering the case options or the POL if you want to ship massive quantities.

Yeah, I'm the first to admit I'd like my stuff filled first, but I'm not naive either. I don't pay a premium to be the "first order filled" when I order items from an online retailer, and I'm in whatever order it gets filled. But there are also myriad other issues at play here, more important than when I get a toy. With all the havoc that's gone on in Japan, I think it's reasonable to cut everyone some slack if the release date isn't "exactly" right. Especially since they got another hammer dropped on them today.

The world isn't going to end if the estimated release date is off by a day, a month, or a quarter. Bottom line is if people want their shipments as quickly as possible, they can pay the premium, or develop a little patience. Bitching about how so and so retailer is off by a month isn't going to change the fact that sometimes things are out of their hands, and if people don't like it, they can buy elsewhere.

Sorry if it's coming across pissy, but really, how many threads do we need diverted to "XYZ retailer is HORRIBLE because they wuz wrong on when I gets my toyz!"

Everyone's in the same boat on these figures at this time of year, and far more important things than the release date of a toy have caused things to be delayed. And until there's proof that a retailer is doing things that they have been accused of, it's a rather moot point and has no chance at a resolution, because it's all based on hypotheticals and inference, not proof.

14. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I am talking from speaking with friends on here, by seeing people's posts and so on. If you would like, I will start said thread to ask, what case did you buy, when and did it ship.

15. Dr. Grimlockisking

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most on point post of this thread. Thanks Marknus :thumbs2: 

No sarcasm either, thanks for giving the OP the info they were looking for.

16. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Not debating with you on this. I agree with you. My original post was more about taking BBTS preorder dates with a large grain of salt.

It was then said that this was out of their control. In which part I replied with my argument that they actually control this.

Then the questions came about how I know and so on, which I defended.

All I am saying is be careful and know your stuff when looking at preorders from BBTS.

17. Dr. Grimlockisking

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And I'm not debating that either, I know there's a lot of frustration out there with stuff like this, but it feels like it's "shooting the messenger" so to speak. BBTS, TFSource and the like don't control when they get their items from the manufacturers and distributors. There are simply things they cannot control, much like a manufacturing company can't control when something happens like a natural disaster or a machine breaking, mold lost, etc etc.

Honestly, I think we as a fandom are spoiled right now, and we have options we didn't before, like ordering directly from iGear instead of going through "local" online vendors like BBTS, TFS, HTS and we get it straight from them and they keep us in the loop, where others don't.

That said, yeah, BBTS is off on their pre-order release stuff at times, but I'll take that over an order not getting filled like the WC fiasco at HTS earlier this week.

18. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know. I mean I don't blame them for the Gear of War set, I would just like a real update on it. Something like, the company is backed up and they don't have a release date.

As for the cases, they should be doing the first come first serve. But it is not my business and I cannot judge there.

The Trailers for Classics prime is real shitty on their part. Those things are not really coming out. I mean that is what puts everything in question for me with them. Yes it wasn't announced that they are definately not coming out, but at least put down the fact they are not even in production.

When it comes to new things, I agree they cannot control the timing. That is why I originally wrote, add a month to the date they provide. They usually get it within a month.

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Alucard, did you try to email BBTS? they were pretty good at telling me information about preorders, where they have it.

As for the cases being first come first serve. I agree that that is how it should be. However, we do NOT have enough concrete evidence to say they fill what is profitable first. And even if they do, grimlock's points hold.

As for the gears of war set, they were in stock for a while before they went out of stock; I have no idea what is going on (I did order a second set), but I didn't bother asking about what is going on.

20. Dr. Grimlockisking

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On the trailers one, do you mean the iGear ones for Masterpiece or PP Prime? I guess I'm not sure what classics trailers you are referring to, they have the BTS ones in stock, so I'm confused there. If it is the iGear ones, I think they are just operating under the assumption that iGear is still planning on offering them (though I don't know if they are) and want to make sure they know how many to order.

Yeah, the GOW stuff sucks. I'm waiting on those before I ship my POL and I'm hoping they come instock soon. I ordered them shortly after Christmas and am hoping to hear some news on them in the near future too.