perfect effect QC

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, May 10, 2011.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

ive previously bought rumble/frenzy and eject/rewind and had no problems but this time i think a piece was missing from my reflector set.

is there supposed to be a handle attached to the shield? i see it in the directions but i cant find it anywhere in the package.

so my guy just has to stand with the shield leaning against his hand as i cant find a handle for it.

any idea if they can send a replacement piece if i contact them? anyone have a place to contact them at? (phone, email, website?)

anyone ever had something like this happen from them before and want to share their experience?

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Who did you buy it from?

BBTS is super good about getting this stuff fixed if you bought it from them.

3. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a problem with mine and TFsource fixed it in two days!! They are awesome!!

4. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    YES, there should be a handle in the shield..

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Yeah I would just return it to whatever store you got it from.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Online stores always set aside a few pieces to account for things like this. If it's one of the 'big boys' just drop them a line and I'm sure they'll sort it for you in no time.

Also I hope the title of this thread doesn't put people off buying PE products, as all my experiences with them so far have been incredibly good. I feel they are really pushing hard on Fansproject's heels.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Their overall quality and designs are great. The only thing really holding them back in most people's minds, I'm sure, are their prices. They've certainly gotten better than when they put out that TAW God Sword ($60? Seriously?), but none of the other 3rd Party groups are inevitably always going to be compared against FansProject, and their revenue-neutral business model (probably not even realizing that this is the case).

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yeah, I think that's probably true to an extent. Although, like you say that argument could be made against the vast majority of 3rd party manufacturers. I guess it comes with the territory (unless you are Fansproject!).
    That's why I regard PE so highly - yeah, you pay the premiums, but you know you are getting a quality product. Shame you can't say the same for everyone *glares ruefully at Impossible Toys Arcee*

9. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I know for mine I didn't realize at first that the handle is folded in against the shield on a hinge. Could be that. If not, then take a photo and email whomever you bought it from as they should be able to replace it for you.

So far with PE products, I'm 5 for 5 with perfect QC. Not gloating, just saying they are very good as a company at putting out quality products.

10. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

thanks i have contacted bbts for an exchange.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least none of the other 3rd Party groups subscribe to CrazyDevy's brand of batshit insane.

As far as SFX goes, the price is actually pretty fair, given the right perspective. People like to dwell on the small robot sizes, but when you look at the camera mode, you're pretty much looking at a full Deluxe. FP put out Warbot Defender at $85. These guys have a bit less mass, and cost $90, which really isn't too bad given FP's rock-bottom prices.

And then there was their previous Ultimate Form set for City Commander, which was a steal. Going by the individual prices per piece, we're talking $155 worth in product for $100.

12. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i just have to say that i really am in love with these little perfect effect guys. all of them.

rumble/frenzy
    eject/rewind
    and reflector is awesome too. i put it all together already before i found out it was missing that little piece.

13. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

has anybody put decals of autobot or decepticon symbols on any of these?

14. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    If you order $10 or more from reprolabels, they send you a sheet of several different sized autobot and decepticon decals. The tiny decepticon decals go well on their thighs or lower arms.

15. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The screw on my tripod/Gun thing has no threading to catch on, must have sheared off somehow, Haven't heard this happen to anyone else, but its something I can easily fix.

16. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Sundor's left wing broke during it's first transformation. Then 2 weeks later, the arm clip for him broke as well. IMO I wouldn't deal with PE anymore. For the price they're charging, I'd expect their platic quality to be alot better.