Perfect Effect PE01FR Shadow Warriors

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ahro23, Mar 5, 2012.

1. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

DISCLAIMER: I do not hold BBTS responsible for what is obviously a quality control issue on Perfect Effect's part.

Now that we got that out of the way.... just wanted to vent my annoyance since I'm sure some of you guys will get a laugh out of this.

I shipped my POL last week and was excited to get it mainly for 2 reasons:

1. Hercules would finally be finished :bowdown: 
    2. I could evaluate/compare how the Perfect Effect Rumble/Frenzy figures stacked up against my United figures.

So out of the box, I started messing with Rumble (or Frenzy depending on how you want to name them :lol ) and noticed his shoulders looked a little crooked. I got a closer look in better light and noticed not only were they pushed back a little, there were already stress marks on the joints out of the box :eek: :

[​IMG]

So at that point I thought "ok, maybe it's just how it's made. Good thing this set came with two figures so I could compare them right away :cool: ." So I pulled out Frenzy (or Rumble lol) to compare them, and sure enough, you could definitely make out a slight bend in blue figure's shoulders:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So ok, these things happen, whatever. I'm definitely sending an email to BBTs to work out a replacement for one of these figures, so let's get out the rest of the accessories for the good figure so I could do some reviewing.... OH WAIT

[​IMG]

I guess if I still wanted the fins in the correct positions I could flip one upside down :lol .

But anyway, back to BBTS you two go! I'm confident BBTS will work through this issue with me, but it's still annoying :lol . I'm glad I put off starting the email to BBTS so I could get through my entire POL to make sure everything was fine. I was very close to saying something along the lines of "you would expect better from PE when these figures cost so much" but I don't recall seeing these kinds of QC issues on their other products so I'll chalk it up to back luck :eek: 

2. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the shadow warriors and frenzy/rumble all had somewhat uncommon but common enough problems that plague the mold. I would love to get these guys. Good thing you got them from BBTS, from what I hear theyll hook you up.

3. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

I have stress marks on mine too.

I've had mine for about a year now, I think. I do play with them a lot, and so far, the stress marks have not gotten any worse.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You can take a hair dryer to those stress marks! I did so to my KO cassettes and just watched the stress marks disappear :) 

5. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

Really? That's awesome! Now to get a hair dryer. The wife doesn't want me using hers. :-0

Can't wait to try this!

Thanks for sharing!

6. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

So I emailed BBTS to see if I could do an exchange but the very nice representative said stress marks on Rumble was actually a pretty common issue with this set. While I do love the bot modes on these guys (paint, design, articulation, etc), the QC issues on my set and lukewarm alt modes at best are more than enough for me to just stick with my United set. I really wanted to keep/like these guys, but I really do think $70 could be better spent somewhere else for my collection :eek: 

7. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Thanks for the tip :D . I'll definitely be using it on other figures I already own :) 

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    What did BBTS say about getting two of the same weapons?

9. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

She told me I could either just straight up return them for store credit, tax (since I live in Wisconsin), and shipping or she could ship me out a replacement gun free of charge.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I would just take the gun if the blowdryer trick works. These guys are pretty awesome.

11. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I wanted to really like them, but they were lukewarm at best for me. Mostly just because of their alt modes and how much they cost for what you really get. But I do understand that they are third party and I'm thinking maybe I just had unrealistic expectations after playing with my Scouting Force X set.

On the flip side, while I know they are not even close to perfect, I'm pretty happy with my United set :) 

Edit: I take back what I said the cost and what you really get. I'm sure these figures fill in a huge hole for a large group of collectors, but for the price, it doesn't add that much benefit to MY collection :eek: 

12. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    mine were okay, paintjob wasnt the best. i just checked and no stressmarks. Im wondering if that had to do with who was putting them together, maybe that worker had bad technique or something.
    PE got it right later though, they did a really bang up job with the SFX group. the paint on those joints was immaculate.

13. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I loved mine, except for their gun turret mode... I cannot mount them for crap, because their little gun won't attach to the peg part of their head to mount anywhere :/

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    PE is known for their stupid high prices. They continue to this day with a $100 small deluxe Arcee. The only difference is that although $35 is a lot of money for their tiny figures, $35 tend not to be a lot of money in general. BUT as stated you reallt start feeling their stupid high prices on figures like their Arcee.

15. jleezy79

jleezy79 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with the weapons for "The blue guy" (I don't need to argue about names) and got two of the same. TFSource shipped out a replacement almost immediately. I love the figures and they go well with Cybertron Soundwave (which is the only Soundwave I have at the moment) but am shocked about how much I spent on them for their size. I do look forward to getting Reflector when my wallet recovers from TFC Hercules though.