Perfect Effect PE-DX01 RC Motobot Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by NothingHead, Jun 5, 2012.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    pics are almost nonexistent in this thread :/

2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone have pix of the blue version with the Transformers Prime cast? I am not satisfied with either TFP Arcee we've gotten. This seems like it may scale best, but I don't have it to compare

3. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

:) 

Attached Files:

4. Mewtwo

This is all I have for now. Just her with FE Arcee and SS there. Maybe it could help a bit? If someone doesn't post anything in a few days I'll see what I can do.

Attached Files:

5. Spawn77

Spawn77 U.S. Marine

Does anyone have a pic of her next to Delicate Warrior? I'm trying to decide if I should pick one up. I'm thinking of doing an Arcee "evolution" display.

The only question is which to get...Blue or Pink? The Blue one is Arcee, right? Or is it Chromia?

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pink one is G1 Arcee; blue one is Chromia or Prime Arcee. You pick.

7. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I just got this one in the mail. Here are some pics and thoughts

[​IMG]

QC: There's nothing wrong with her QC, and in fact it's pretty stellar. The issue, and the source of most people's woes is, I think, the typical insanely intricate and tiny PerfectEffect engineering. She's deluxe-sized, but they didn't scale up the kind of engineering they used in figures like not-Reflector, they simply added to it, meaning she's FULL of lots of tiny joints and parts, and the tolerances are similarly tiny. This can make the difference between a sword that sits snugly but safely in her sheathes, and one that is jammed so tightly that it self destructs when one attempts to remove it. Paint apps are clean, especially given PerfectEffect's tendency to absolutely tiny, intricate detailing.

Also, many of her joints are scary tight when she's first unpacked, though they loosen after the initial friction is broken. However, with such delicate joints, it is possible to break the PLASTIC before the joint move how it's supposed to. The pivoting handles on the sniper rifle components were frozen so securely in place that it required about half an hour of teasing with a jeweler's screwdriver in the little holes in the sides to work them free. Afterwards they were fine. This also reared its ugly head on her shins, where the locking mechanism for her transformation is engineered FAR too tight. I broke the silver hinge piece over her foot. Not a disaster, since it's just ornamentation and easy to glue back together, but the way her feet are arranged, there is nowhere safe to really apply force to get the locking mechanism in place, and the mechanism itself does NOT have enough clearance.

[​IMG]

Poseability: Not-Arcee really has all the poseability you'd want. Her neck joint is a little more limited than I'd like, which limits some of her sniper poses, but her arms and more importantly her WRISTS are all jointed correctly to hold her sniper rifle and actually look like she's USING it. Her joints are not only present, but also work together. Her legs are nothing spectacular, but again, they do all they need to, and they allow her to kneel effectively, something a lot of Transformers fail to do well. Her stance is solid, even if it takes a bit to arrange her heel spurs and feet properly. Her backpack does an excellent job of looking cohesive, even if the wings don't really lock into place. Everything has a place to go, and doesn't collide terribly during normal posing.

[​IMG]

Playability: Not-Arcee is definitely more fragile than your off-the-shelf toy, or even the more rough-and-tumble Fansproject releases, but she's certainly not going to crumble in your hands. Her plastic is high quality, and the die cast in her boots gives her not only a nice heft, but good stability in most standing poses. She should be able to handle the rigors of being a desk toy, or being used in a photocomic, though I recommend filing down the locking tabs for her transformation. If you have experience with PerfectEffect's other releases, or can handle something like a Robot Damashii without smashing it to powder, you should be fine.

Interaction with other PerfectEffect figures: Though generally I prefer the look of the Blue Not-Chromia, I got the pink for two reasons: To complete my Season 3 lineup, and because another pink PerfectEffect figure, Ninja, was available. They were shown together at Not-Arcee's first appearance, and I figured every bike needs a rider. And together they will ride into the sunset to Save G1 together!

The effect is a little less compelling than I'd hoped. Ninja doesn't so much ride as hold on for dear life, and gives the impression of a small child clinging to an adult-sized motorcycle. Still, Ninja CAN hold the handlebars securely, and since she was designed before Not-Arcee was a twinkle in PerfectEffect's eye, that she can ride at all is impressive.

[​IMG]

Overall Look: Not-Arcee pulls off the one thing she really needed to do: fit in with Classics and Classics-themed toys. She evokes the G1 character of Arcee, while nicely updating it, as well as homaging a number of her different incarnations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arcee CAN store her rifle on her body... mostly. Stupid leftover ammo clip.

[​IMG]

8. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Well-Known Member

In my photo I found another way to store the sniper rifle, if anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

9. Mewtwo

This is what just happened to me yesterday. :( 

So depressing...

It's like you said though. It's not that the figure is cheap or anything. It's that some things are so small that they become more fragile. The little hinge for the swords is ridiculously small and will be very prone to breaking. (like mine). It is very very thin and therefore the plastic is at the limit I think... resulting in it being easily stressed and broken.

::Sighs:: I don't know what to do now... I hope RK can take care of me. I really do.

Oh btw Awesome review. :) 

10. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Fot those who own it... Does the comic book treat the blue RC as a different character, or is it a power-up of the pink version?

12. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think I had put up nice professional pics, but if u think they can be used, please feel free.

13. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The blue RC is a different character in their comic.

14. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Oh great, since they are officially seperate characters, I guess they need TWO wiki entires.

http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/RC_Battle

I really wish they had different heads though. What's wrong with a Chromia inspired head on the blue one?

Do both toys have the same comic? Can anyone provide scans?

15. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    well both versions of her appear in the comic so that's what has me confused as well.

16. Mewtwo

Are you sure? To me it looked like the Blue one was the real one and the Pink version was just in some kind of VR training thing. It seemed to imply it was the same character and either she can Change her color (power up mode?) or the Pink was only in the "Virtual Training thing" Unless I interpreted the whole comic wrong... which is very possible. But that is how it seemed to me.

17. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am not entirely sure, not really good at interpreting that comic story but I do remember seeing on the earlier page that there are two motorcycles both blue and pink together, hence I got the idea that they are two different characters. I may be wrong, I don't know. But regardless of the comic, they are two different characters to me personally, I see one as arcee and the other chromia.

Having said that, 3rd party being 3rd party, they can't possibly depict the actual accurate story to the transformers line, so it is left to fans to interpret who these characters are homage to.

18. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Just a few more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    lol your sig is funny with the busou shinki running away from the TF's. nice pics too

20. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kuma Style Video/Pictoral Review: Perfect Effect PE-DX01 RC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]