Perfect Effect PE-DX01 RC Motobot Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by NothingHead, Jun 5, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Agreed. If they make to price at least to that level it'll be good.

It looks such an awesome figure!

2. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Hey dude! A couple of things: RC's "ears" will pop out automatically if you tilt her head back, and the ammo clip will clip securely into place with an audible 'click' if you do it right. I'm amazed you got her feet into her calves, though! I truly believed it to be impossible..

3. NothingHead

Oh my god that took so much force

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what she said?

Pics are great. Thanks guys! I paid for my POL today! can't wait to get her in hand.

5. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

She looks absolutely perfect, but for whatever reason I just cannot get excited about paying $100 for this figure. Maybe it's the fact that she's not a big need in a G1 styling, or the more blockie 'unpretty' face sculpt, but whatever it is I think I'm gonna pass.

6. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Someone else mentioned those "ears" doing that. I wish i knew that in when i did the video, i don't recall them actually mentioning to do it that way, but i love that little "automorph". You're probably right about the ammo clip, but i still think it looks better where i put it haha. And yeah, getting those feet to lock is not an easy thing to do

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You guys know that robotkingdom has this figure for $75 before shipping, right?

8. NothingHead

This. My RC was under $100 and arrived almost before anyone else's. RK all the way, kiddies.

9. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

Just ordered mine through there as well. Just under $100 with EMS shipping. Should be here mid-late next week!

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hadn't intended to pick this up before...but with all of the positive reviews and the pics posted (the posability looks great, and as someone mentioned earlier it really fits in with the other Classics updates), I might change my mind and look to pick this up eventually. Damn, another thing to add to the checklist.

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I wish I hadn't clicked this thread. I want one now.

12. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    Gah, I really, really want one of these now...but I'm just gonna hold on and wait for the Black Arachnida one.

Hard as that's going to be.

13. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

my blue one is shipped but I think i'm gonna get the pink one on my next paycheck.

the pics of the pink version are just too cool looking for me to only get one. Damnit PE.

14. NothingHead

I definitely mutilated those little bumps on her foot-strut in the process, but enough transformations will shear them smooth, I'll bet. FYI, I wasn't putting her foot in the whole way to get the kneepads to rotate; I was positioning the knee joints at a hard 90-degree angle and they we unlocking that way..

15. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I purchased these today. Seeing them in Optibotimus's review really was something. And seeing all the pics all around. Originally I was thinking of just getting one... but being unable to really choose one for sure I just got both. Which I'm actually glad. Because I think they both look awesome. I hope everything goes ok with the shipping and I get them ok.

16. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

Is there somewhere to store the visor in bike mode? Besides in the box that is... :) 

17. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

Seeing as mine won't even clip to the face I leave it in the box anyways. But the head should transform even with it on I would think.

18. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Yeah I can't really get mine to clip into the face either... it kinda just.. sits there... very... very loosely..

I posted this in the other topic but wanted to post it here too to see if anyone reading this might have answers. So thank you in advance. :) 

Well I got mine in today. I love these figures. They are so awesome.

I wanted to ask some stuff though from people who have had them for a little bit now. Maybe you could help?

1) How in the world do you get the visor to stay on? It is so loose that if I touch the figure it risks coming off. I can get it to stay but it's not really pegging into anything.

2) Was everyone else's ONE gun really hard to get onto the peg? I think they designed it to go in one way and then only made one gun. So one side of the grove is wider. So one gun fits on fine the other needs force.

3) Was anyone else's Blue versions face like... thick paint? Like the silver used it thick..

Other then the small issues here with some flash plastic being still there that I have to take off or some minor paint scratch here or there I have no major issues. Except one thing. Mine right out of the box has a Paint chip on the die-cast. The whole thing I was concerned about in the first place of happening... has already happened before I even got it. Ugh..

4) Does anyone else have a paint chip in their metal panel? Should I paint over it? Use Nailpolish? It's just a small mark but because it's on the Pink version (of course!) it is more noticeable that some pink is missing and bear metal is exposed. Compared to if it would have been the blue version.

Oh well. I could just leave it. It's a Battle mark!

But yes, these figures are so Awesome! I don't regret getting them for a moment and am so glad I decided to get them.

And also a shout out to RobotKingdom for Awesome Prices, Awesome packaging to make sure it gets here alright and just all around great service.

19. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1> My visor doesnt stay on well too and I think this is the same for everyone. So just have to be careful not to lose the visors. Once you set the pose you want for the figures, you can put the visor on and let it sit there but suggest to keep it somewhere safe when you are not fiddling with the figures.

2> Didn't notice any difficulty on my set.

3> I do think the face on the blue figure does seem to look a little different from the pink figure but I am not sure if it is made deliberately that way or is it due to the "thick paint" or something.

4> Didn't notice any paint chips but maybe cos I didn't try to look hard enough at them.

20. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

Is it possible to get some vehicle comparison pics? Ideally next to HAs or Alts? I suspect she's too big to look okay with those lines, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong. :)