Perfect Effect PE-DX01 RC Motobot Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by NothingHead, Jun 5, 2012.

1. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Just got mine..

Holy god, this thing is awesome. It has a surprisingly complex transformation; all sorts of little adjustments and the weapons are integral, with the barrel from the rifle forming a structural support and the grips of her handguns holding her seat on. This is not just a redux Animated Prowl.

RC is rock-solid, very weighty and with some very quality plastic. Crazy-articulation, better than what you're expecting. Everything is very tight, all the joints hold together well.

Be patient when first transforming her, some parts like her head section and her kneecaps have to line up just so, and the instructions erroneously ask you to cram her whole foot into her shin, which is impossible.

My original concerns were the broadness of her shoulders and the excessive amount of little bits. While the latter is true (I just *know* I'm going to lose her little visor) the former is not; for those of you concerned about her androgyny she's definitely female; she's built like a swimmer but not like a dude. She screams IDW Arcee, who I personally see as the Transformers equivalent of Wolverine and Deadpool sort of squished into one person and really prefer over G1's secretary/babysitter. She looks fantastic next to Warbot and my iGear-upgraded Kup. No weird, pinched face or flimsy plastic or odd proportions like previous Arcees.

I got the pink version. Blue takes some amazing photos, but this version is tasty. Guys, let go of the aversion to pink; she's a girl, it's okay. If it helps, tell yourself she's light red. Her colors are great, and she has tons of sharp little paint apps, including some rich dark metal details and red simulated LEDs.

If you had problems transforming Warbot Defender, or had trouble holding onto Masterpiece Starscream's pilot, or snapped off DOTM Megatron's hood ornament, then this figure might give you some concerns. If you're a fan of FP's Bruticus or Protector, then you're in for a real treat. I flinched at her price as I'm a college student on a budget these days, but I'm glad I got her; I know this is a qualitative statement once you have the product in hand she feels like an expensive product, more so than even my iGear seeker, way more so than MP Rodimus.

I justified the cost by telling myself that since I had passed on previous, seriously expensive Arcees that I could dump the cash on this one, and once again I'm really happy with my choice. She's not a slavish homage but she's a modern, killer Arcee that's going to be front and center on my shelf from here on out. BUY BUY BUY. That's all.

Pics when I can get at a camera. Until then, let's see some of yours!

2. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad to see a good review for the pink one. I'm expecting mine to show up any day now (*knock on wood) since it arrived in the US Saturday.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Mine (pink) should arrive tomorrow.

4. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No aversion to pink here. I just think the blue looks so much better. And now I'm dropping both of those versions for the BlackArachnia one. Good to know its solid as hell.

5. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great review!

I look forward to seeing some pics of the pink version, as that's the one I will be picking up... eventually.

I had decided on the pink version long ago to pair up with PE Ninja, so any pics of the two together would be greatly appreciated!

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the info man. I'm anxiously awaiting this one.

I opted for blue. I think Hasbro will eventually give us a Generations Arcee. The blue will be my chromia.

7. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

how large is she?? Compared to Warbot? I am thinking about adding her to my TF Animated Movie collection.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'll order this once my green Giant order comes in. I might have enough store credit left over to get it cheap from BBTS.

9. NothingHead

She's five inches exactly to the top of her head. You can tweak her height slightly by adjusting her foot-struts. She looks good with Warbot, though he looks blocky and stiff by comparison. I've got somebody on the way over with a camera, pics tonight. Any requests? I'm going to get a group shot of her with the movie cast, one with ROTF Bludgeon, one with the MP seekers.. Just don't ask for any with Delicate Warrior or Valkyrie, don't own those busted hoes.

10. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

11. tb-1599

Thanks most of PE stuff is pretty tiny so I wasnt sure. I found some demensions. She is aprox 13 cm high which is a little over 7" (correct me if I am wrong) this is what I found on toy arena.com

12. NothingHead

I just measured her with calipers. Totally five inches. My girlfriend tells me guys confuse those lengths a lot.

13. tb-1599

LoL well it did say. not final product

14. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Pics with PE Ninja if you got it. Any and all combinations if you please!

15. thelastson82

thelastson82 Kryptonian Survivor

News Credits:
    Not my picture (courtesy of HK-TF.com)

Attached Files:

16. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is Hot Rod throwing a tantrum? :lol 

17. NothingHead

No camera tonight, unfortunately. In the meantime, here's a couple pics with the cell phone, just to give you all an idea of her scale, and how she fits in with the boy's club.

Attached Files:

18. NothingHead

I also failed to mention that her weapons are somewhat modular; her sniper rifle can be broken down into its components, which can attach to Arcee's arms in a number of different combinations.

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, she looks good with those Classics figures.

He probably got friend zoned.

20. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This :lol