Perfect Effect PE-11 Scouting Force Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by RavenousPrime, Feb 21, 2012.

?

Do you enjoy the multi cam setup?

1. Hell Yeah, I already subbed!

40.0%
  2. It's cool, but we'll see if it makes me want to subscribe.

60.0%
  3. Meh "It's just OK for me dawg".

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Loose the multi angle!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. You should stop wasting your time with reviews!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RavenousPrime

RavenousPrime Fantasy Author

2. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
  3. caked-up

caked-up Well-Known Member

Perfect Effect SFX Scouting Force X

Here is the Perfect Effect version of Reflector. While it isn't as realistic as some other offerings, it is still a feat of engineering in the way everything stores in the alt mode. There are some issues, but this set should still be looked at in earnest.

My photo gallery is located here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.112085778937352.24811.100004077908204&type=1

PE-11 SFX Scouting Force X - YouTube

Also, check out my channel at cakedup83's channel - YouTube. As always, please rate, comment, and subscribe!

4. Kalel

Kalel C-Mac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PE-11X Video Review Multi-Cam Recording by Juise

If you've never watched any of my video reviews, please at least check this one out.

Transformers Review #12: Perfect Effect PE-11X Night Ops Scouting Force X - YouTube

Watch it full screen in 1080p of you can!

In what I believe is a first in toy reviews, I've setup a new recording environment that features 3 simultaneous 1080p recording angles! This initial recording is not perfect. The secondary cameras angles need to be tweaked to crop out the surrounding desk/tools, but I already have a solution in the works. There are also some color matching issues, but that was the result of the new bulbs I bought not matching my existing ones. I was also very distracted while doing the review. Managing 3 cameras while recording is a task that will require some getting used to.

If you're interested in seeing more videos like this please subscribe. I say this because the video editing workload and rendering time literally triple with 3 camera angles! it took me 2.5 hours just to edit (not including rendering) this 16 minute video. My old reviews took about 45 minutes to edit (including rendering). So to keep this up I really want to grow a subscriber base that will appreciate it.

I will be doing TRU Masterpiece Thundercracker next if you want to see another multi angle review.

So please guys give me some feedback on this one.

P.S.

The "Professionalism" comment is not a slight against any other video reviewer! I've just been listening to a lot of PreOrder66! :) 

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a cool idea! I've tried doing a 2-camera thing (1 good cam, 1 web cam) on V-Builds that are livestreamed, editing can def be a pain when you have video streams to switch between. Even moreso when the framerates don't play nice with each other! Makes me wish a USB tricaster could be purchased for a cheapo price. :lol 

I know Final Cut can do it, but if you are using one of the pro-tier editing programs (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, etc) there may be buried in there a way to have 3 synchronized video tracks merged into 1 track with easy switching available. It's worth googlin' up, might save you some minutes of editing time.

Main feedback I have: When switching from Camera X to Camera Y, try making it a hard cut rather than a crossfade (if the 3 streams are fully synchronized, anyway). If you leave the crossfades for passages of time that were edited out, but make the live-switches hard cuts, it can make the final result a bit smoother to watch. Establishes an identity for the different transitions, and possibly saves you a bit more accumulated render time too.

7. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    I would sub but i'm not on youtube :eek:  great idea and review tho, would love some MP's reviewed in that style

8. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks V!

I use Final Cut Pro X (we briefly talked about it at TFCON). Believe it or not that huge editing time was with a synchronized multi angle track! I had a little bit of a synchronizing issue with the frame rates. The main camera records at 29.97, and the other two record at 30. But all in all surprisingly, synchronizing was the least of my worries.

I will take your advise on the hard cuts (even though I don't like them), they will do exactly what you said. There were a lot of transitions in this first run mainly because I kept loosing my train of thought during the recording. I had multiple issues of unexpected stops in the recording. Take that, and throw in trying to manage 3 cameras, and being genrally nervous with the whole new setup, and I ended up having to chop a lot of the source up.

Rendering wise it's just a pain because I'm basically having to render like 5 times! Apple dosen't like the MP4 output from the peripheral cameras. So I have to run those through handbrake before I can even import them to FCPX. Once I have all the source material imported to FCP I have to generate proxy media, then theres the rendering done in FCP, and then the final output render. Even on this i7-2600k @ 4.2Ghz beast, with 16GB Ram, a GTX670 with CUDA drivers, and a RAID0 array for the video work. It still takes a while.

I picked up the new lights already, and plan on at least recording MP Thundercracker tonight. I'll take your advise and make some changes of my own too. Please check it out when its done, because I really enjoy the feedback!

P.S.

Where the hell is the review of the Action Master Ravage I gave you at TFCON!?!

Thanks, I will start working on TC tonight Hopefully!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I want 3D.

10. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

I liked some of the transitions from front to side cameras that you did while the transforming process was transpiring. It was neat to see the switch back and forth from front to side and back. Editing on the sound was smooth. I enjoyed it. With a few more times through, having your own style with it perfected it will be a very informative and thoroughly enjoyable review. Subscribed. Want to see more.

11. Xzbit

Xzbit Well-Known Member

THe sound was on point and editing must of been tremendous work i can respect that.Your review was very enjoyable to watch awsome figure.

12. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Same...it was a treat though to see something new for a change...

13. GotBot

GotBot Titan class

Perfect Effect PE-11 - SFX Scouting Force X (Not- Relflector)

With so many Masterpiece style Reflector homages coming out...where does the CHUG collector turn? I would HIGHLY suggest this little Jewel for your chug Reflector representation. It is the boisterous, bold and beefed up - Scouting Force X
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJunYVg8sTo