Perfect Effect PE-05 Ejector and PE-06 Rewinder Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Doc Pirahna, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

Didn't see a feedback thread for these guys yet so I thought I would throw a few pics up. More to come later!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    Cool man, where did you get em'? Thoughts? I have Roseanna and think the quality is top notch!

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How'd ya get them so fast? More pics please!

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Time to ship my pile of loot

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Did you folks know the swords can store inside the slots in the gun barrels in the weapon mode ?

You can jam them in their a bit in robot mode too - even make bayonettes too. They will probably fit better for storage if the guns are on the characters back.. but I tend to leave them on the arms Frenzy/Rumble Style.

I currently have NINJA Rosanna in cannon mode plugged on Botcon Banzaitron's wing pannel on his arm and the KINGBAT In a shortened staff form with the gun barrels still in the bat-body make a nice small trident form him and reduces stress on the staff handle joints to use less of them.

I find the sword on it's own is a little to fat to be held by most 5mm jointed characters though.

Now I just need to find a Purple Energon star for him that matches the blade colour.

Not decided what to use the new ones with yet though... Might use the birds as Jetpacks of some sort if feasible.

Might lend one of the guns to someone like Cybertron Defense Scattershot / Backguild (I'm sure it's actualy BackGuird I think people just got the L & R muddled up not realising 'Guird' is a word for a piece of armour).

6. Doc Pirahna

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Quickstrike never learns...
    [​IMG]

I ordered from Robot Kingdom. The posts to store the swords on the waist and on the pistols seem thin, but i guess we will see. There transformations are a bit fiddly but articulation and details are top notch. I love getting updated versions of figures I had in the 80s.

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet. Can't wait!

8. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

Yep, glad I waited to get these instead of Frenzy and Rumble to put on my DIA Commander.

I just wish someone reviews the four-pack with The Sun and The Night soon so I can know if I want it or just these two...

9. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

I dunno...still think frenzy and rumble just look cooler. Maybe I'm just a sucker for Decepticons! The colours for these guys just look to bright and happy to me...
    (now if only I could find a store that sells just Frenzy OR Rumble and not at some stupidly high price...getting two of the same mold just seems like a waste to me!)

10. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Here's a quick one with DL Blaster:

[​IMG]

11. Doc Pirahna

Something I found yesterday while fiddling with them. In addition to the swords being stowable in the barrels of the larger guns the barrels can also slide back making them look 10X better in bot mode wether on their back or their forearms.

12. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I know this is the thread for just Ejector and Rewinder...but didn't see one for Garboil and Sundor...er...The Sun and the Night.

Got the Ultimate set in today...and I absolutely love the set. I know many will argue that it's too expensive, and to be honest, I was less than impressed with the pictures of the Sun and the Night...but I have liked all the other items I have purchased from Perfect Effect...and thus I trusted in them this time as well.

I am a very happy I did. I am actually shocked to say this, but I actually the think the bird bots are quite cool. I thought for sure the highlight of the set would be Ejector and Rewinder, and they are certainly cool in their own right...but damn I can't stop meddling with the birds.

They are individually boxed, but all four arrive in a larger box proudly displaying City Commander's Ultimate Form. It's funny how they use the City Commander in the art despite it not being their product. They must be pretty cool with FansProject.

The parts all work wonderfully with City Commander...but that isn't why anyone would buy an Eject and/or Rewind homage! So I pulled out my Blaster (which is currently featuring Venksta's upgrade kit as well), and thought I'd show you guys a few pics:

[​IMG]
    As you can see...if you purchased the set from Venksta, the backpack piece does allow you to use the Sun and the Night in a similar fashion to City Commander. Jet pack awesomeness. I paid the extra shipping fee to get an un-modified backpack from Venksta...so I'm not sure if this is possible with all of his upgrade sets. I know he had to modify something on the backpack to get it to fit in the envelope for individuals that did not want to cover any additional shipping costs.

Here's a look at the back:
    [​IMG]

Here's a look at the little guys. They are incredibly detailed. They can not only store the swords inside the barrel of the larger cannons...but the barrels can be moved as previously mentioned. The swords can also be stored on their waists on this awesome movable peg system.
    [​IMG]

Now onto to some quick shots of the birds in their backpack form. I didn't have a chance to take many photos...but wanted to show off the few I took.

With a little effort, you can attach the Sun to Protector so he doesn't feel left out in the upgrade department. The colors coordinate nicely, and hell...Hotshot / Rodimus should have a buddy called the Sun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can even extend the wings:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall, awesome set. I'm glad it works so well with characters other than City Commander...and hopefully I'll have some more pictures of the bird bots soon!

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dammit Squall, now I want all four of those. :lol 

14. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I'd been sitting on the fence (mostly about *when* to get them) but yeah... Squall's pics pushed me over the edge. ...and I've got Venksta's Blaster upgrade kit, so fun times ahead for Blaster. :D  (didn't get the badass looking clear-blue rifle, tho)

15. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Well I'm glad I could be of service! For the record...I don't work for Perfect Effect, hahaha, I just think they deserve a little more love than they actually get.

I took some more pics to show everyone what these little guys are capable of...and as you can tell, I'm having a blast. Haven't had this much fun with figures in a long time.

As you can see...even those of us that didn't get in on Venksta's Blaster Upgrade kit can still enjoy this set with Blaster. You could use one bird for the jetpack, and the other as a flamethrower/weapon:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blaster dual-wielding Rewind and Eject:
    [​IMG]

Blaster dual-winging Rewind and Eject:
    [​IMG]

Blaster...er...uh, truly dual-wielding Rewind and Eject courtesy of Venksta's backpack:
    [​IMG]

For flying battles...always gotta be prepared...
    [​IMG]

The set is great for those of you without Blaster too! Love War for Cybertron? These little guys aren't in any kind of earth-mode and work beautifully with Prime:
    [​IMG]

Or Shadow Commander...in case you feel the Shadow Warrior figures weren't enough:
    [​IMG]

Here's how they look on Ultra Magnus with the backpack:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Work's well with the G3 Roller:
    [​IMG]

And the other Roller:
    [​IMG]

Now we're moving!
    [​IMG]

Tell me what you saw!
    [​IMG]

Coming in for a landing!
    [​IMG]

If you don't like Garboil and Sundor as birds...hell, they look awesome as Cybertronian drones or random equipment:
    [​IMG]

Or a hoverboard:
    [​IMG]

Epic battle:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Taking Prisoners:
    [​IMG]

"Bruticus hate you all!"
    [​IMG]

16. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Question about the birds: do the wings collapse into the body for booster-pack mode? Or is there parts-forming involved?

17. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    No parts forming regarding the wings. The wings collapse into the body for the booster pack mode.

However, there are little missile pods that attach to the wings that need removed to transform. Those little missile pods clip to the back of the birds neck for transformation so that you don't have to just set them to the side.

18. fezool

fezool Well-Known Member

Was just going to get Ejector and Rewinder, but the shot with Protector sold me on Sun and Night too.

19. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It's a little tricky to connect to Protector with the wings not deployed...but it's possible. With the wings deployed it's a lot easier. Basically the spoilers get in the way.

It certainly looks badass when it is connected. The colors are only very slightly off.

If anybody wants to see any other pics, or has an idea you want me to try, I am willing to take more pics.

20. wingsaber86

wingsaber86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can we see a picture of city commander with the birds on the shoulders pointing downward and pics pointing forward?