Perfect Effect PC-21, PC-22 & PC-23

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by rob_charb, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    It's weird that they make you unscrew the forearms when they're on easily poppable mushroom pegs just a little higher up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

If we were gonna use the PE Grimlock arms, doesn’t matter if we wreck the original arms during prying I guess?

3. Alagos

Alagos Active Member

I mean if I compare it to menasor or optimus maximus where we are again bulking up the torso. A key difference to me is they figured out how to make it integrate into the other modes without detaching I.e. a kind of jetpack in optimus bot mode and a gun rack in truck mode...

Once you kind of are allowed to detach it I.e. parts from there is so much more flexibility I.e. so much more options so I would have much higher expectation on the end result of volcanicus.

It's like godbomber has an awful bot more and is a parts former but because the figure does so much and looks so good in the combined mode you can forgive it.

Right now volcanicus pc upgrades don't seem to be giving enough incrementally better looks to justify the parts forming...

• Like Like x 2
  4. RIDRuination

RIDRuination Well-Known Member

God I wish they would make a weapon set like this for Superion, the Powerglide gun just ain't doing it for me.

On topic though I was already liking the Dinobot combiner but with this stuff I would fall in love.

5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    You'd still have be able to get them apart.

6. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_20180121_031437.jpg IMG_20180121_031440.jpg IMG_20180121_031433.jpg

I just popped my apart on both arms. Came apart just fine. No broken pegs.

• Like Like x 7
  7. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Crazy. Looks pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I feel the exact same way. I don't care about anything in this set other than the forearms and thighs for Grimlock.

But, I can't justify buying that whole expensive set just for those parts.

Wish they would sell them separately.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I rescind my previous comment. The pegs are all very tight, but no glue. Just need to be patient and get some leverage

• Like Like x 3
  10. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    I might pick up a second one just in case if/when he ever becomes available at etailers again.

Curious if they'll do anything big for Abominus.

11. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Gun-grr is supposed to be a reshell of the silverbolt design.
    So he should be a solid torso if a little lanky for Abominus. I figure a hand and foot set and maybe a set to bulk him up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus The Unknown Member

You had me at Dino Rider cockpit.

Seriously these PE sets are quite the conundrum! Theres a lot I love AND also hate about them.
    Cool:
    1) Did I mention the cockpit? Cock Pit....... Its a cockpit that IN his cock pit. Que up the Beevis and Butthead laugh track.
    2) Dinorider mode! C'mon thats just fun.
    3) 5 weapons that combine into one big MF'in sword!
    4) Creative way to use the extra hands as side hip panels. (I refuse to call them skirts. Volcanicus doesnt wear skirts.:D )
    5) more solid shoulder connection.
    6) Beefy chest proportions more appropriate for a dino combiner than the crazy wide shoulder joints and skinny chest he used to have.
    7) Shield that doubles as chest armor
    8) Great new forearms and thighs for Grimlock to make him look bigger in bot mode.
    9) Nice big dino sized feet to replace the pathetic baby feet hasbro gave us.

Not so cool:
    1) RED TOENAILS on the feet??? Yuck.
    2) Head now looks a bit tiny but not a deal breaker for me.
    3) What appears to be a lack of front and back ankle tilt. Boooooo.
    4) The fists have a weird big gap in the front when you bend the fingers.
    5) Hands could have used a better paint job on claws.
    6) Lack of G1 weapons. They'll probably stick us up for another set to get those but it wouldve been nice to just throw em in with the hands and feet set.
    7) The combiner ports stick out a bit in Dino mode. Would have been cool if the could be turned to the insdie of the leg so they arent so obvious.
    8) Price. Its not crazy if you figure 5 bucks for each piece of plastic but its still more than Id like to pay. 30 or 35 would be more palatable.
    9) Not crazy about the orange color cockpit. Would've preferred translucent red or black instead.

So there you have it a 9-9 tie.
    The pros are better than the cons are bad so I think Im still going to bite on the combiner set but I might wait for the KO's of the hands and feet so I can customize em a bit and not worry about the cost when I mess them up.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Deathhowl

Deathhowl Well-Known Member

For the Abominus set ide like to see some bulk put on the combiner upper leggs. It is ok for superion, the guns filled the leggs out but you can see the chicken legg syndrome in computron.

• Like Like x 3
  14. testrun

testrun Well-Known Member

I'm gonna buy this for the sword

• Like Like x 1
  15. Deathhowl

Deathhowl Well-Known Member

Im hoping dr.wu does a sword/shield combo for him. Or at least a gun set for individual bots.

16. Jack Darby

Jack Darby Jackimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It looks like they used two Swoop\'s for the arms and two Slag\'s for the legs. That\'s kind of weird to do. I saw some of the dinobots at my Walmart am I\'m thinking about going back and getting them after seeing this set.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's how some of us built Volcanicus since Snarl and Sludge won't be released until March/April timeframe. Mine already uses PE feet, just waiting to swap them out.

100_3544.JPG

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jack Darby

Jack Darby Jackimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I see, I thought those figures were already out but now I know they are not yet. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was reviewing the images of Volcanicus, I'm going to orient Grimlocks legs so the flat part with vents is the front of the combiner leg instead going with the skinny legs. Image for reference of leg setup.
    dsc05493.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  20. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

My responses towards your not-so-cool points
    1) You can paint them any color you want, really. PE's stuff seems to take most paint well.
    2) tbh Volc's head looks tiny even with the stock body, so I can see where you're coming from with this
    3) PE had a lot of feedback of how the all-around ball joints on their combiner feet would get lose eventually, and make the combiners tilt and eventually fall over, often face-first. I think they're opting to go with a side-tilt only strategy with these. which I kind of understand? Getting a combiner into a pose where it would use a front-back tilt while still being able to stay upright can be difficult.
    4) Another fair point, those weird gaps aren't present on any of their other combiner sets. Hands are odly chunky, though in Volc's case I can understand it better since he's supposedly a bruiser type.
    5) I'm not sure what you mean since I don't see any paint on the claws.
    6) the sword for Volc splits into weapons for all 5 dinos, though they're not really G-1 accurate. Though, in all honestly, barring Grimlock, the deluxes already come with G1 accurate weapons. I recommend Shapeways to scratch the itch further.
    7) I agree, I wish the ports could have been rotated inward in dinomode, it gives Grimlock less of a "Me am working cardio, metal munch goes straight to Grimlock's hips" kind of vibe.
    8) honestly the price is pretty okay considering how much similar kits have been seen costing. PE's sets are actually pretty reasonably priced for what they are, at least IMO.
    9) I kind of agree with you on that, but I think it being orange also keeps down on plastic costs since they're using the same kind of orange plastic that the composite sword/swords are made of.