Perfect Effect PC-16 for LG-35 Super Ginrai

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

I finally broke down and ordered him.

2. deathdrive

deathdrive Well-Known Member

It is unbelievable how BAD this figure feels! The plastic doesnt have that robust feeling at ALL.

I was on the fence about buying this due to how little he does and the fact that the headmaster does nothing (would have loved an option for the headmaster to work on this body) and now i completely regret buying it. I mean this is a toy to play with as far as primes go since he is barely anything but a chest piece combined and you cant even feel good playing with him!

I mean they are using ball joints! Ball joints need some form of good plastic feel to work with confidence for christs sake!

3. deathdrive

deathdrive Well-Known Member

Also someone please make a chest adapter for the inside of this guy to use the headmaster backwards so his black feet is the engine

4. Drillhorn

Drillhorn New Member

This is my Magnus Prime (Super Ginrai) in battlestation mode. I thought to use my perfect combiner PC 16 to "man" the battlestation, while the headmaster mans one of the double blaster turret. The other one is instead combined with Ginrai black blaster cannon. As you can see Super Ginrai breastplate doubles as a protection-control assembly.
    What do you think of it? IMG_20171003_172116.jpg IMG_20171003_171952.jpg IMG_20171003_172038.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. NemesisGamer

NemesisGamer Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good! :) 

Also welcome to TFW!!!:D 

6. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Well-Known Member

Facebook:
  7. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    Late reply, and not super mode but the head isn't folded inside so the cavity is the same. You have to kind of wiggle him in but he does fit and the cab closes nicely.
    IMG_6493.JPG IMG_6494.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

I didn't take the pics

9. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 All Around Nice Guy who doesnt like soccer

Ebay:
    I got Jinrai in the mail yesterday and played around with him for a little while today before I have to start prepping for tomorrow (NYCC!!!! BOO YA) and he is an amazing toy. I know I've said this before, but he really is one of my favorite transformers ever. What sucks is, I probably wont have time to play around with him more until probably Tuesday. I have NYCC Sat and Sun and then school and food shopping Monday.

10. Sky Warp 55

Sky Warp 55 Stop Motion Animator

The mushroom peg on mine that holds a smoke stack just snapped

11. Sky Warp 55

Anyone know how I can fix it?

12. Sky Warp 55

B54457D7-7837-49A3-8E35-FA5816026B84.png

13. kingjakethe11th

kingjakethe11th Scourgeintor

i have no solution have u tried asking the place were u bot?

14. redwolfbear

Facebook:
    question

would it be possible to part swap the necessary parts between titan master magnus prime , legends super ginrai( with godbomber ) and the earlier pre-remold combiner wars ultra magnus so that one could effectively use the appropriate parts to headswap godbomber to instead be a new body for ultra magnus(but with the super ginrai trailer body partswapped /rebuilt such that the godbomber armor would be compatible with it .(basically mod super ginrais trailer body with the magnus trailer parts so that while the lower legs of super ginrais body would still unfold to form the armored outer walls for its trailer alt mod it would be modified such with the magnus parts for the lower legs that the trailer could still have the front lower leg parts of the super ginrai form lower down as the ramp for the cargo trailer form) theirby making it so that the trailer can haul smaller transformer figures inside the trailer like combiner wars ultra magnus can(but with the new feet from super ginrai being built onto the lower legs/ankles so that way when the trailer is set up as super ginrais body it's lower arms and feet can still combine with the legends godbomber parts

for all intents godbomber as ultra magnus /magnus prime , with super ginrai (with perfect effect pc-16 ginrai prime )as optimus prime/apex prime and their merged form as a generation 1 version of of this guy from transformers car robots in disguise

(I be thinking ultimus prime would be a good name for optimus prime and ultra magnus to work with as the name of their combiner form

15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oooh. The way it broke and where it's located pretty much have ruined it. I'd see about asking for a replacement piece. I noticed the other side's peg is stressed as well.

16. Sky Warp 55

I’ve sent an email to Ages Three, and if I don’t get any response, I’ll see if I can get in contact with Perfect Effect for a replacement

17. Sky Warp 55

11629222-7F62-43E0-99AC-DD356B4002B1.jpeg

18. redwolfbear

Facebook:
    have you considered using adhesive attached mag strips to secure both smockstacks to his chest?

that way you can still repoisition them properly in a removable reatachable manner and at the same time he can use the smokestacs as a set of hand held billy clubs in robot mode

adhesive magnet squares - Google Search

quick google search

19. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    That sucks. I was afraid of the same thing happening to my smokestacks so I stopped rotating them for the combined mode. I hated the way they looked, sticking up so high, anyway.

20. redwolfbear

Facebook:

judging by your phto of the damaged area I would hypothesize that the damage was caused by their not being enough clearance room for the flat bottom of the smokestack to rotate against the upper torso chest are with

(bottom of the smokestacks need rounded down on the bottom area the c clip area of each smoke stack where they attach to the rotating nob/and or a empty hollowed out space needs to be made in the front of ginrais chest area leaving sufficient empty room for the bottom of each smokestack to rotate through.

does sound sound like a reasonable solution folks?

me I am seriously considering just leaving the smokestacks permanently glued into their proper position for vehicle mode /super ginrai mode.

think of them as front mounted jump jet boosters packs to give him a reasonable range of up/down vertical flight maneuverability at least as far up as the upper levels of the stratosphere) just high enough up into the sky that he could easily see the curvature of the earth from that height for a spectacular green sunrise/sunset