Perfect Effect PC-16 for LG-35 Super Ginrai

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Except there is, when Powermaster Optimus Prime was first designed he was intended to be a Headmaster with a transforming Roller that also turned into a "little people".

• Like Like x 3
  2. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Optimus Prime not transforming and driving a truck that turns into a jet had no precedent and therefore is forced and lame. (ok, this one is valid)
    Optimus Prime having a black trailer and a snap-on voice box had no precedent and therefore is forced and lame.
    Optimus Prime having usable articulation and an air-powered missile launcher had no precedent and therefore is forced and lame.
    Optimus Prime having a long-nose truck altmode had no precedent and therefore is forced and lame.
    Optimus Prime turning into a Hot Wheels track compatible car had no precedent and therefore is forced and lame.

And that's just G1/G2. Need I go on?

It's a toyline. The characters change to meet the requirements of the toyline, including incorporating new gimmicks. As long as the toys are fun and overall true to the character, I can deal.

• Like Like x 9
  3. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you and I are on the same page, should have quoted the person I originally quoted instead :p 

4. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    We're totally on the same page. I was just extending your point a bit further for emphasis for C16's benefit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fair :p 

6. Cyberrabbits

Cyberrabbits Well-Known Member

Actually I missed out on lunch daye and didnt find a Switch until Mid June....Got the switch and Zelda but couldnt play it because I just started playing Persona 5 and just finished it this morning....That is a long game lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Statistically, people enjoy 25% of what I say! :D

Haha! Nice! :thumb  Persona 5!!!!!

I still haven't played 3 or 4! :lol  And I think I have 2 digitally. :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Statistically, people enjoy 25% of what I say! :D

You DON'T have to be a d*ck to inform me of something I forgot about. How do I not KNOW EVERYTHING about PE? :lol  Seriously?

That question is almost too nerdy to even answer, but... since I feel you are being sincere and actually do not understand how I don't know: because those figures didn't personally interest me, because I don't keep up with the "best reviewed figures" ever, and because I generally do other things besides come on this board. :lol 

I do appreciate you listing some of their releases! :thumb , but please let me know how much PE is paying you to insult me about my ignorance of their releases! Maybe I can top that number and get you to be nicer? :) 

• Like Like x 2
  9. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Pic requests
    1. With hegemon
    2. With titans return voyager Megatron

Thanks in advance!

10. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Citing a design that was never used isn't a point for your argument.

11. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Here is the original Design for Batman
    [​IMG]
    You will find most people prefer the design they eventually went with
    [​IMG]
    Just because there is a design doesn't mean it needs to happen. If some one includes it as an extra fine, but most people will want to see the version they are used to. In this case many want the Masterforce version from TV. (Though I'm sure there are some who want the power master version from the Marvel comics as well). Sometimes there is a reason for the changes and you can't always get what you want.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    I kinda like this configuration for the arms. Still totally functional and poseable this way.
    IMG_6032.JPG IMG_6033.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  13. bvzxa

bvzxa The Collector

Nope, it was the intention to give Prime a more updated look, what he meant by "spot on" was the concept. Which Classics prime is the closest we'll ever get to G1 despite the so many designs thru the decades....

14. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

You folks still fighting about this?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    There's also ths and robotmasters for g1 design tbh , they are just smaller lol

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Sorry, but that's nonsense.

Also nonsense. It's not even the closest we've gotten.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I wasn't being a dick, I was being pretty fucking neutral but okay. If you felt that and took offence, that's on you buddy.
    Ugh. "More G1" nonsense (not your specific post STKid, in general). As someone who HATES Titans Return (for the guy who said it, not EVERYONE is a headmaster in the comics, only like two/three guys) because of the stupid headmaster gimmick, it's really not that bad. Thankfully, due to Hasbro's current designers skew towards more "kid like" visual style (seriously, every time someone says TR is part of Generations, and not part of RID, I have to stop myself from calling bullshit. They look like they fit right in with the simple RID figures) I've saved a lot of money on this portion of the Prime Wars trilogy. So, don't like it then don't buy it. Sweet Jesus, why is that a fucking hard concept to get???

But, Powermaster Prime as a Headmaster? I'd rather they skipped the stupid Headmaster gimmick like they did for this original mould did when it started life as part of "Combiner Wars" (and had no combiner interaction) but they want to force a play pattern with TR so he has to have a HM too, whatever. I think it would have been cooler to do something like have a plug in engine block and have his head shoot up but that's me. I skipped the mould (geting Ginrai or whoever you want to call him) but had I not I would probably just glue the head in.

So, "more G1?" Come on, grow up a little. I have no desire to see Hasbro kill Transformers because some "fanwanks" want them to ONLY do 30+ year old designs. Eww, gross.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    while i don't agree with the TR section of your comments (since i love the line) i'm giving you a like for your last sentence alone...

that shit needs to be burned into all threads of every figure that isn't slavishly G1

• Like Like x 3
  19. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    Mine is out for delivery today! I am the excitement!

20. Sky Warp 55

Sky Warp 55 Stop Motion Animator

I\'m thinking about canceling my order with Ages Three and then order from BBTS. Has anyone gotten theirs from BBTS yet?