Perfect Effect PC-16 for LG-35 Super Ginrai

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 29, 2016.

1. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    I bought one. I just couldn't help it. Hopefully he scales ok with tr Megatron.

2. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

It's cool they're adding new bits to keep the headmaster gimmick, but I wish they had gone one step further and made something skating-centric for their figure.

3. TransFan84

TransFan84 I'm here. Peanut butter. Tighty whiteys. Fork.

Has anyone tried using G1 Powermaster Prime's rifles with this Perfect Effect figure and his Super Ginrai armor? I have some on the way. I wanna know if they fit or if I just wasted fifteen bucks. :p 

4. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Ultra Ginrai?

5. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    It'd be even cooler if they made those parts available in Ginrai colors as well. I wouldn't mind buying another kit to keep the headmaster capability. THough I'd prefer the Ginrai headmaster form the head of Jinrai Prime, rather than the combined mode ...

6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    The G1 rifles work well enough with Takara Ginrai/ Magnus Prime. I would recommend though snipping off the four little tabs on the handle for each for a better grip.

s-l300.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why "everyone had heads that turn into little people" is any more lame than "everyone had engines that turn in to little people".

Anyway, this guy is now in stock at Kapow, and after being hella impressed by PE's Optimal Optimus figure, I'm gonna take the plunge. Just trying to work out whether it's worth adding half the price again just to get the head and Hi-Q figures.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Honestly I'm tempted to get another one for a standalone figure outside of my god Ginrai combo

• Like Like x 1
  9. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, thanks for posting this comparison shot @Rewind ! They really nailed the look of the original figure there, right down to the slightly awkward shoulders. I love how the smokestacks in front echo the hinges from the G1 figure, really nicely done there.

Mine has shipped from BBTS, or I guess will ship soon, really looking forward to getting my hands on this.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I just used it as a stand alone given how annoying it is to dissect god ginrai in a whole, to clean them IMG_1538.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    Because he never had "little people turning into his head" before. There's no precedence, therefore it's forced and lame.

12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Optimus prime never had a little guy turn into his engine before becoming a powermaster therefore there was no precedent until 87/88 and was forced and lame

• Like Like x 6
  13. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

See, bonus playability is good for some people, but I get where some people are so attached to their own nostalgia and change hurts their opinions of a figure, that's why a simple option part for those of us who like the feature would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    Powermaster Prime wasn't a much needed update after decades of not having a classic Optimus Prime. Bad analogy, try again.

15. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Not really a bad analogy, the character wasn't a powermaster till he was made a powermaster. Likewise he wasn't a headmaster till he was a headmaster. Sorry you can't move past the 80s nostalgia

• Like Like x 6
  16. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Got my shipping notice from bbts! Yay

• Like Like x 1
  17. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    It's a bad analogy because Transformers 1988 wasn't a nostalgia/classics update line. It wasn't meant to be an update to his original specific design, just like TM Cheetor wasn't meant to be an update to his original form. PM Prime, however was a specific design they were updating. I don't get this mentality that Classics isn't Masterpiece, so it's fine to arbitrarily change things. That's lame. This is a homage line, not an innovation line like the movie and other main lines.

Yep. Classics isn't supposed to be about new interpretations or takes on characters. That's what the movies and new main lines are for.

Fine, let me reprhase.

Seems like a copout to me. A comic explaining why the toys are this way now doesn't justify them changing the character's design in the first place to force this previously unrelated gimmick on them. Copout.

Most Classics design have been spot on. Most have been slightly updated but still more or less the same. Alt modes get leeway because of obvious real life licensing complications. Changing a character to be a Headmaster when it wasn't before, does not get leeway.

18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Generations thunderwing wasn't a pretender, rotf bludgeon (originally designed as a classics figure circa universe 2008) wasn't a pretender, classics megatron was a toy dart gun,universe powerglide wasn't a minibot, universe onslaught, silverbolt and gdo hot spot weren't combiner torsos, universe hardhead wasn't a headmaster, classics ravage didn't transform, fall of cybertron is branded under the generations line therefore it IS a classics line through technicality and official repurposing, need I go on about how gimmicks change or get removed from characters?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    So I had mentioned before this came out that I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the head from PC-15. I decided to keep it (sorry @MegaMoonMan). While I do truly love the Headmaster head and how everyone are Headmasters now (seriously one of my favorite little updates since Classics began), I like how PC-15 works with PC-16 and will probably keep that on there. The original now makes a lovely Optimus Prime helmet for other figures to try on.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    What in the blue hell are you talking about?

this:

[​IMG]

looks even a little bit like this??

[​IMG] [​IMG]

THAT is spot on?? In either mode?

If you think so, here's a link for you:
    LensCrafters.com

• Like Like x 8