Perfect Effect PC-16 for LG-35 Super Ginrai

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Damnit another month of waiting. My roller's stash is just waiting on this to ship

2. Sky Warp 55

Sky Warp 55 PreviouslyOrion

Twitter:
    YouTube (Handle):
    So in total how many months have we been waiting for this guy?

3. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    From my receipt , 3 so far going on 4

4. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

That's not bad, it's definitely not the 3 years and counting for FP Pinchar.

5. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sorry re-checked , 5 going on 6 but yeah it's better than 3 years LOL. I remember po-ing a day or two before the price was out with the brick and mortar hobby shop

6. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

so... if the POTP Leak is true I might hold off till we see clear pics of the new leader optimus prime

7. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Yeah, if it follows suit from Rodimus It might have a deluxe in there too. Looked pretty good if those pics are real. Even though PMOP is my favorite Prime design, this may be the better option....

8. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Ah well. I don't mind waiting a little longer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Still all in for this guy, can't wait to get him

• Like Like x 1
  10. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

Regarding the PotP release, judging from the (very small) pictures, I think some other members are spot on when they say it is not, in fact, PMOP. Rather, if you look at the (rumored) 3 quarters worth of releases for a common theme, each one shows a Deluxe bot merging with a larger mass to become a Prime (Hot Rod to Rodimus, Evil Hot Rod to Evil Rodimus, Primal to Optimal Optimus, etc).

Even though OP looks similar to PMOP at first glance, you can see his body details are closer to regular OP. So I think it's supposed to be Orion Pax becoming Optimus, and therefore shouldn't merit any concern about PE's upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ That. The PotP OP is almost certainly an OG1 version of Optimus rather than PMOP/Ginrai Redux. Looks like a similar mold (whether it's a remold or a Breakdown/Chromedome thing is unclear). I wonder how similar the deluxe inside PotP OP will be to the PE releases in terms of size - it appears Prime's chest sticks out a bit more than Ginrai+PE's does

12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Potp deluxe prime will probably be smaller, isn't pc-16 nearly voyager sized?

13. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's in the tall deluxe/short voyager range by height, yeah. But PotP might be thicker/heftier (even if not taller). Just looking at the chest of PotP OP, it seems to stick out a bit - some of that is probably the trailer covering the deluxe completely to make a better looking chest, of course. Anyway, it's just something I'm interested in seeing since it's rare we see Hasbro and a 3rd party attack almost identical engineering/design issues

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alagos

Alagos Well-Known Member

Its an interesting question really because the Power of the Primes Optimus Prime does seem quite similar to Ginrai and Powermaster optimus prime and you could consider that the Power of the Primes version will make the 2 existing figures obsolete.

The way I see it...everyone on this post must have either Super Ginrai or Powermaster Optimus Prime, so let's consider this a sunk cost.

So the real question is, now that we know, is it worth investing $60 for PC 16 and $35 for PC 15 when $95 will almost definitely get you a brand new leader class figure in Power of the Primes Optimus Prime.

My short answer is perfect effect is still worth it. At the end of the day we get the generations line because it is a refresh of G1 toys with modern technology. To this end, Ginrai plus Godbomber plus perfect effect deluxe figure is by far the closest thing we have to the 1988 Powermaster Optimus Prime which is a cab which can be powered up with his trailer to a super mode which has a powermaster which can attach to both truck and super mode which has a second trailer (godbomber) which serves as an armour set. Prime master optimus prime is a cheap way to get close to this but without a "true" powermaster and without godbomber (Iron apex) it falls short on the G1 representation.

My long answer.

Option 1. Get Perfect Effect for Ginrai plus get Power of the Primes Optimus Prime

I can see many people doing this. Personally, the Power of the Primes optimus prime is too similar to Ginrai for me to double dip

Option 2. Do not buy perfect effect. Forget you have Ginrai and just get the Power of the Prime Optimus Prime when it comes out

I doubt the Power of the Prime Optimus Prime will cost more than $95 so this is probably the cheapest option to still get the cab combine with trailer playability

Option 3. My choice. Get PC 16 and PC15. Forget about Power of the Primes Optimus Prime. Let's consider what we have.

Ginrai plus perfect effect gives you a deluxe size OP which when can combine with his trailer to form a super mode which can be powered up by a powermaster (both truck and super mode) which can finally attach to another leader class in godbomber i.e. a second trailer to form a ultimate super mode

Power of the primes OP give you a deluxe size OP which can combine wioth trailer to form a super mode which can be powered up by a prime master

PC15 Ginrai powermaster gimmick in truck+ super ginrai mode is a G1 accurate Powermaster gimmick > Power of the prime gimmick

Ginrai has godbomber > power of the primes OP does not have known godbomber compatibility

To me Ginrai wins because of Godbomber compatibility and because the powermaster is like the G1 toy. Ginrai also has a base mode whilst is not the best is what the G1 toy had. The prime master whilst close is still not a true powermaster.

* I did not consider PC18 above because it kinda overdoes it and makes Godbomber look further away from the G1 toy what with the big sword and big cannons and all.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just to point out, the deluxe portion of Power of the Primes Optimus Prime will more than likely have a Orion Pax robot mode with a faceplateless head to go with the Matrix Evolution gimmick of the leader class figures.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    We don't even know if the power of the primes version is compatible yet, they appear to have different transformations. As others have said we don't know what the cab bot looks like yet. Until we get better pics and or more info it's all speculation.

17. Alagos

Alagos Well-Known Member

Good point...so i want to ask...to get the views of the people here.

Say it is an Orion pax deluxe which is optimus prime looking with no faceplate. Say that when it combines with the trailer for the super mode the mold is slightly different to LG 35 (feet) but materially i.e. to a non collector would look exactly the same as LG 35.

If the above is true and given that you already have LG 35 then will you now take the decision to buy perfect effect add ons.

Or do you consider LG 35 + perfect effect to be different enough to Orion pax to get both.

18. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    One is ginrai one is Orion. And it's two different figures. TBH I think it's fine to have both

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    They don't look the same so if you like both it's worth it to have both

20. Alagos

Alagos Well-Known Member

Hmm good feedback, i was trying to get a sense from the community i guess.

For me from what i saw the orion pax super mode look very similar (except feet) to magnus prime which is a slight repaint of Ginrai LG 35. Of course it is not exactly the same mold but similar enough for collectors like me who is more constrained from a display space perspective to think twice.