Perfect Effect - PC-15 Upgrade TR Powermaster OP

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bullettrain, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll wait for the Magnus Prime-coloured set with the cab, head, and godmaster... you know, that they should have released in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

I think you're going to be waiting for a LOOOONNNNG time on that set. PE doesn't tend to combine sets together that they sell otherwise as separate sets. It's usually STRICTLY a slight change up for a similar set, such as the difference between the Superion upgrade vs the Bruticus upgrade vs the Computron upgrade. They're all similar in various regards but different from each other, yet none of the various components were merged into the hand/foot sets just because they added something new or took something out.

Why would you ever expect a set like what you're suggesting to happen based on knowledge of how they sell product and common sense based on that knowledge? They wouldn't exclude the chest plate from the cab set just so you can have the Jinrai and LED head. The chest plate is integral to the aesthetic of the entire look USING the Jinrai figure. THAT'S exactly why it was created in the first place...but hey, since that has to be included, why not just toss in the thigh fillers for free, right?!

Seriously, did you even think about that before posting it? This is the entitlement mentality I keep talking about. This is a business for them, that helps US get improved figures. Not everyone is going to get JUST what they want from every kit, but MOST will. You don't like it. Don't buy it...but don't expect everything to be catered just for you and then whine when it isn't. If you want it YOUR WAY, right away, go to Burger King, because it isn't going to happen in this hobby. I can tell you that for free.

3. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    legends godbomber only parts forms for the god ginrai mode, he doesnt parts form between his own robot and vehicle mode

also perfect effect did combine sets for combiner wars, the g2 superion and menasor sets were hands and feet and chest and head combined into single sets

4. SHADDO

Yep, that's exactly the parts formery I was referring to, especially regarding the arms.

5. Mercutio

News Credits:
    Goodness. You clearly have strong feelings about PE's business practices.

...Pretty sure that's what I originally said...

I'd invite you to compare the length and emotional content of our respective posts and tell me which of us is whining. Hopefully I'm allowed to casually express an opinion that might be different from yours without receiving a novel-length attack in response. Cheers.

• Like Like x 4
  6. SHADDO

I have no feelings regarding PE's business practices. I DO, however, have strong feelings about stupidly pointless comments from the standpoint of entitlement and a lack of common sense.

If you had originally said that, then it was both pointless and redundant to have even posted your previous comment.

Clearly, you don't understand what whining is. It certainly isn't measured by the length of one's post, merely by the content. I was pointing out the asinine nature of your pointless post, not crying because I wasn't getting the product I feel that I deserve from them. Two completely different things, smart guy.

By all means, make your casual differing opinions, but at least make them actual OPINIONS and absolutely make them relevant, man. You didn't express an actual opinion. You merely whined about waiting until they released the set YOU think they should release for a figure that isn't even out yet...an unrealistic set at that.

You don't want to feel attacked, then don't do things to provoke it.

7. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    The style of feet in those G2 sets were never released outside of the two G2 sets though.

While I wouldn't completely exclude the idea of PE releasing Magnus Prime versions of PC15 and PC16 in a single set, PE hasn't made any indication that it's what they intend to do with the Magnus versions.

Whatever they do I hope they match the blue of the super robot head better than they did with the Jinrai version.

8. SHADDO

They raised the prices on those sets, and didn't pick and choose between the components though, right?

I guess I wasn't clear about that part of the point, so I appreciate the mention of those, especially since I didn't price those sets, as I didn't have any interest in those boxed sets specifically. ;) 

9. Mercutio

News Credits:
    I see I was not so fortunate.

That's some pretty strong ad hominem language and insults there. This seems somewhat excessive for chatting about toys online.

Again, not sure why my original comment warranted this. I was expressing a casual hope for a future box set, not trying to start a long unnecessary argument. PE are welcome to release their products however they choose.

If I caught you on a bad day, I certainly hope tomorrow is a better one. All the best.

• Like Like x 2
  10. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Could you post a link, please?

11. SHADDO

He's also done some nice arm filler and feet upgrade for the Hasbro version, as well as the nice guns.

I couldn't get the link to post, so I've asked him to post it directly for you to check it out.

12. primalxconvoy

News Credits:

Cheers.

13. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    I don't think you were fair. I'm sure that there might be a double set, released as a KO, perhaps.

Also, regardless of that becoming something or not, I'm sure that there WILL be a Magnus set. It would be silly not to milk their own mold, especially as there is probably demand for a white cab bot for Magnus.

14. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While it's true the feet were a bit different than the solo releases it was still a combined set, non g2 sets were only available seperate and the g2 sets were only available combined for a mild discount

The g2 sets were roughly $50 if memory serves while the single hands and feet and chest/head upgrades were just over $30 a piece, so the g2 sets actually had about a $10 discount comparitivelt

• Like Like x 1
  15. SHADDO

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Such is life, and it really depends on one's point of view. I don't feel that it's "fair" that the enjoyment of this hobby has to be CONSTANTLY marred by the virtually endless crying, complaining pointlessly (though there ARE times when complaints are actually warranted), and incessant absurdity of all manner on these threads. It's a never-ending bombardment of stupidity...I mean seriously, HAVE YOU ACTUALLY READ SOME OF THIS CRAP?! It's a battle for sanity just in an effort to glean one iota of actual, USEFUL information...on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, man...

You're probably just lucky I was as polite about it as I was. Some of these guys just post asinine things to be posting, probably in some misguided effort to up their post counts in some cases.

The rest is mostly total speculation or outright criticism of something that we have VERY LITTLE solid information on...but instead of using some logic and common sense, based on previous experience and knowledge of certain things to achieve some semblance of an intelligent conclusion...we get all sorts of drama and conclusion jumping based on whims and fears and concerns, with zero intelligent thought involved for a good many of these postings (probably 75% or more, and I'm being generous with that estimate...).

Is it fair that my time has to be wasted, wading through the muck of whining and complaining on EVERY SINGLE THREAD in these forums, just in an effort to get the tiniest scrap of solid information on the few things I'm trying to find out about? I think not.

Now, to be fair, I was already agitated by the endless number of just ridiculously redundant and asinine comments I'd already waded through by that point, so no doubt that played into my response, but it makes MY comments/opinions NO LESS VALID than anyone else's.

Anyone who has some wits about them and is honest with themselves HAS to be cognitive and acutely aware of exactly what I'm saying when I make comments like this. I certainly don't come in here for fun, because it isn't remotely fun to walk into a nursery full of crying babies, and anyone who thinks THAT is a fun time...is quite certainly mentally deficient...but this constant whiny attitude of entitlement and absurdity, is EXACTLY why I rarely even come into the threads and AVOID reading the comments on anything except for customs...So I guess you can be thankful for that at least.

Anyway, there you go. I hopeyou can at least somewhat understand where I'm coming from. Afterall, I too, am entitled to my opinions and should be able to speak freely, just as everyone else does. Harsh? Maybe...but honest for sure. PERIOD.

As for the kits eventually being combined, KO'ed or whatever else...entirely possible sure, but ALSO ENTIRELY SPECULATIVE, and even more likely that the "entitled" will be even more disappointed because something doesn't cater specifically to them...people have gotten too spoiled with this unrealistic way of thinking and can no longer handle reality, honesty or criticism on any level, unless it jibes with their own little pocket of reality...and that was probably at the heart of my initial point, but I digress.

• Like Like x 2
  16. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    Just got mine and I'm a little disappointed that Ginrai does not have elbow articulation now that I have him in hand, especially since MMC managed to give their Powermasters in the Carnifex Continuum upgrade kit elbows.

17. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

Still no sign of my preorder being fulfilled at The Chosen Prime yet. I wonder what the delay is.

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So it's a month later (and two months after some retailers got their stock in ) and TCP's still waiting on theirs. Doing a cursory check of other retailers shows BBTS is back at preorder, TFS & Toy Dojo sold out (I think they've been sold out for a while), and CP is still at a preorder stage.

Did only a partial shipment hit retailers in February (and did TCP and CP get left out of that)?

19. Chosen Prime

Chosen Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We did only get a small amount of our shipment and have the rest coming early next week. We appreciate everyone's patience.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YAY!