Perfect Effect PC-01/02 Combiner Add-On Kit Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, May 8, 2015.

1. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

LOVE THESE UPGRADES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BLACKWAR

BLACKWAR Chaos Trinity Decepticon

FINALLY someone poses Menasor without making the legs all wide and stupid like Hasbro did. Thank you! He looks awesome. Can you maybe take a shot of him with the legs with the wheels facing outwards to the left and right please?

I think the hands look perfectly fine. It really doesn't bother me one bit, even if it is more skeletal...

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, now it's a run-off between mentioning not liking the hands and people bitching about how often I mention not liking the hands. WHO WILL WIN?!

And for the record, I still don't love the hands, but they look better on Superion. I stuck the feet on Defensor and the hands on Superion and I'm happy with that.

4. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Sure, gimme a sec...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BLACKWAR

Killer man thanks a lot! Hmm very nice ankle articulation, but i think the way u had it initially mitigates a forced wide stance more. Very awesome tho I am super stoked. I'm going to have to find some solution to the shoulders un clipping tho...

6. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I applied a few layers of clear polish to the shoulder tabs....it helps a tad. The best thing to do is to just make sure you're gripping the entire should assembly when rotating the arms.

7. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can anyone stick the black set on Menasor to see how that looks? Curious.

8. BLACKWAR

Thanks for the tip. I think I'm going to try and add more plastic to the male part of the tab, and deepend the recess of the shoulder tab hole/area that the actual hook like connection is made. Seems like a fix that will have pretty much no visible signs of modification.

9. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Good idea. However, the issue really lies with the female end...if you look, it's not a traditional "slot" to place the male end into (hehehe)
    ...it's formed by the shoulder turning up into position, and creating it. Therefore, whenever the shoulder moves a bit, it drastically loosens that slot.

My god, I can't take the innuendos anymore. lol

But if you have any luck, please report back.

10. BLACKWAR

Good news! It worked! I added some super glue on the peg on both sides that slides into the female port that is created by the alignment of the shoulders.
    Now, when you attach motormaster's arms for gestalt mode, I actually have to push past a clicking point before its in, and its really solid! The ONLY problem I forsee is the wearing down of the glue over time from going in and out of combined mode, but I just did it a few times just now, clicked the joints around in both directions for many clicks, and it seems like its now good to go :D 

If you add glue yourself and find its now too big, make sure to first give it a good press to see if it just needs to get past that point. If you can feel its too much glue, just shave off a tiny bit. I would suggest against sanding since this is glue particles, so not what you really want airborne I would think.

As a note, I tried at first with an epoxy putty. When it dried, it was too much, and then I shaved a bit down to get it to fit, but as I shaved, it weakened the strength of the putty on top of the toys plastic, so eventually chipped off... Glue is def the way to go. If your worried you'll wreck it, I guess try using floor polish on both the entire peg and the hole space... seems like floor polish just too thin to make enough of a difference, but I never use it myself so I can't judge for sure. I don't see much area to actually wreck this though, its such an isolated peg. just don't drop glue everywhere and you'll be good.

11. Quickstrike2013

Quickstrike2013 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How much height do these adds? I agree the hands look thin but I think certain posses will have them look okay

12. BLACKWAR

I'd say they add a good inch. The hands being thin is almost completely unnoticeable when you have it holding the sword or a gun since the fingers wrap around to the inside... Open hands are spindly I guess, but really no more than I remember FP Bruticus being.

13. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay: