Perfect Effect Contact?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by autotronprime, Aug 9, 2012.

1. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Does anyone have a contact for Perfect Effect? Long story short, bought these two PE-01R&F off evilbay and they had broken ball joints. They were supposed to be sealed so I 'm thinking just factory defects. No returns in the listings so I'm reaching out and hoping I can get some replacements from PE since I believe they are still in production. Only thing I have been able to find is this web page: PerfectEffect - Yahoo! I have no idea if this is Japanese or Chinese. Either way I have no way of deciphering if any is an email address. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    No returns but you can still challenge it on ebay.

The joints are busted because the seller busted them.

Item not as described.

3. autotronprime

News Credits:
    Well, another problem is that I thought it was an easy fix and went after it with some super glue (bad idea). So here I am, hoping to see if I can pay PE to send me some replacement parts.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Ahhh. Food for thought. Ball joints generally are attached to parts that move or require that force be put on them. I have never seen a ball joint successfully attached and maintain its function.

I hope you can get a hold of PE and get them fixed. They are nice lil guys.

5. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I'm curious, which figures are you talking about? You've only said "these two". There *MAY* still be a chance to salvage them, can you post pics of the problem(s)?

6. autotronprime

News Credits:
    8-9-2012 10-49-41 AM.png

Sorry - PE-01F&R

I ordered some ball joints from Ball Joint 3mm (BJ-03) (Material) Wave Option System OP-371. I think I am gonna try cutting off the ball joint from the pelvis, drilling into it and inserting a new 3mm ball joint. In the mean time I thought I might try to get ahold of PE to see if they might sell me some replacement parts.

7. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Eesh. Yeah, that's small. But not entirely without hope. I've had some success re-attaching broken pegs using screws, where I drill holes into the peg and the part it's supposed to be on. I then put the screw into one part, chop off the screw head, and screw on the broken part. It usually works pretty well, and I could see it maybe working for the knee joint, if you fill in the thigh. I really don't think it would work for your hip joint, though.

8. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

from that picture it looks like they were played with roughly then broken and repackaged. The paint is even faded in alot of areas like it was handled alot.
    I'd be contacting eBay as it seems you were taken for a ride on this one.

9. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IDK... I got that "Ultimate Form" pack from TFS a while back... and Ejector's paint apps were crap (missing gold lines in some spots, others had the paint *outside* the indents where they're supposed to be) and the Sun figure had a pin jutting out of a joint stressing the plastic when trying to move/transform it. Both were completely MIB afaik... fortunately TFS did respond and exchanged both.

That said... the QC on them made me disinterested in PE products. That and well, four miniature bots for 70+$ is a bit much.

10. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

Ive got 2 sets of these lil guys and they have really good paint apps, wouldnt say its perfect but far better than those in the previous pic.. i dunno it just seems funny that these were supposedly sealed. I would still contact eBay and see if you have any recourse.

11. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    I know Im assuming alot but, Rebuild the design on a 3d cad program, I use Solidworks, and print them out on a 3d printer, Shapeways can help with that.

Edit: always make your ball joints slightly larger than you need, whatever tolerance you allow say its .050 then go .050 larger just in case, thats an example though .050 is a huge tolerance.

12. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    perfect effect boxes didn't come sealed. Only the blister inside the box is tape.

13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you didn't buy them directly from PE (not even sure that's possible) or from a reputable online retailer, you are SOL.

14. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The paint apps on my PE Rumble were horrible with the paint on the visor dripped onto the face, so I wouldn't presume that OPs were played with. I've read other accounts of the ball joints being snapped straight out of the packet, so I don't think the seller has pulled a fast one, although I'd recommend having a good look at their feedback just in case.

15. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

this is true.

Here a pic of one of my sets, other is put away atm.

The paint is pretty good on them cept they forgot to paint frenzy's face. I might get someone from the board to fix him up for me.

any suggestions?

[​IMG]

16. autotronprime

News Credits:
    Servo is a radicon. Not sure what he charges or if he does this type of thing but his stuff is awesome. He's really cool guy. I'm sure he could get your stuff painted up no problem.